George Washington

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hrtsurgeon2b

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can get their match results for any of the past years?

Members don't see this ad.

I emailed mcwmark, the match list guru, but he couldn't find the list online. Here is a website that he found about match day:

<a href="http://www.gwumc.edu/progress/041502.pdf" target="_blank">http://www.gwumc.edu/progress/041502.pdf</a>

Thanks mark! :clap:

Members don't see this ad :)
I received this GW Health & Medicine booklet during my interview that has the match results for 2000. I don't think there's one listed online.

could you trix or someone else who has the same booklet post the match results from 2000? i went on a regional interview, so my interview experience was shunted. hence, i did not receive the booklet. anyhow, i would REALLY appreciate if someone could list the matches to "top" hospital programs only, or give me an idea about where GW students end up for residency. as of this moment, i am clueless. thanks in advance!

I have that somewhere too, it wasn't really a matchlist... says 'a bunch of our students went int to x,y,z, and a bunch of our students went to schools a,b,c' but it doesn't say who, went to what programs, where.

I remember specifically there was no derm.

Question: I hear that GW is a good school, and fine, theyr'all good schools. Does anyone know more specifically about GW's reputation?

Well, this list not only has the hospital and program, but each person's name. Since it is two pages long, I don't feel like typing out everything...too arduous and time consuming since I'm beat from studying for finals. But! I will list by eyeballing it, which big name schools pop up. BTW, there was a derm -- Mayo, MN.
UCLA (anesth, surg, psych), UCSD (internal), UCSF (ped), LOTS of GW, Wash U - Missouri (orthoped), Beth Israel, NY, Mt. Sinai. If you have a specific field or school, let me know and I can look it up.

Oh, right on! thats different then what i got in my packet (it was actually part of the booklet not an insert) that helps a lot. I was concerned about it before, that helps trix.

Trix: which health and medicine?
mine says 'winter 2001' and has the whitehouse with a stethoscope. . . I think you must have a newer one, this came out before match day.
Sorry to doubt you ;-)

Oneironaut- Mine says Summer 2000, so that's why these match results are a bit outdated. You may be right that there wasn't a derm res. if yours is for 2001.

i find it interesting that GW has a top 25 law school according to us news, but doesn't report info to them for the med school. anyone know why?

•••quote:•••Originally posted by Joe Joe on da Radio:
•i find it interesting that GW has a top 25 law school according to us news, but doesn't report info to them for the med school. anyone know why?•••••I wasn't aware of that. It's probably because they know they are not big on research and wouldn't get a high ranking. Right? I think they are more focused on producing primary care physicians rather than academic physicians. :confused:

•••quote:•••Originally posted by Doctora Foxy:
• •••quote:•••Originally posted by Joe Joe on da Radio:
•i find it interesting that GW has a top 25 law school according to us news, but doesn't report info to them for the med school. anyone know why?•••••I wasn't aware of that. It's probably because they know they are not big on research and wouldn't get a high ranking. Right? I think they are more focused on producing primary care physicians rather than academic physicians. :confused: •••••That's my guess too. I think it's a good school. Personally I've done enough research, though I know how essential it is in medicine.