Georgia Applicants 2009 - MCG, Emory, Morehouse, Mercer, PCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anybody else going crazy with the waiting? I did get my confirmation email that I was complete at Mercer the other day, so that's good. Now it's just waiting...

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
DEdm - I love your quote, btw! There's something to read to ourselves while we stare at the phone and our email...

Members don't see this ad :)

Last edited:
The way that it was explained to me is that you are 99% conisdered OOS if your license is from another state. Also, AMCAS only lets you select one state to be in-state. If you are already out of state, you might have one hell of a battle on your hands for the in-state schools in other states. I would recommend contacting the schools and requesting their "additional" in-state verification form. That might help.. But prob. not.

My daughter did UG at Wake Forest and we had to fill out forms telling MCG that her parents, grandparents and great grandparents were Georgia residents. MCG is serious about residency.

MCG is serious about residency.

no kidding. I had to fax in my father's driver's license. Still not sure how him being a resident makes me one, though.

Oh, and I wished I had read/listened to him during applications... I chose Samuel Shem instead. :thumbdown: Not exactly life-affirming stuff.

no kidding. I had to fax in my father's driver's license. Still not sure how him being a resident makes me one, though.

Oh, and I wished I had read/listened to him during applications... I chose Samuel Shem instead. :thumbdown: Not exactly life-affirming stuff.
great book though

I can get over how big this thread is!

Last edited:
Maybe tomorrow will be the day! Here's hoping...

Last edited:
For those of us waiting on Mercer's interview invite, I am pretty sure it will come via phone. I think that is what the email said. So I hope that keeps you from at least checking your email messages incessantly. Also, does anyone have an idea of when we will legitimately start to hear something about interviews?? I know they said that they are going to be reviewing in the next couple of weeks. Does that mean that we won't hear something for two weeks??

Anyone who interviewed with Mercer last year... when did you receive your interview invite??

Until then I will keep my phone by my side and curse T-Mobile every time I lose signal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

Last year I received an invite the day after my MCAT score was posted! (both at Mercer and Emory) - hmmmm... MCAT connection??? you better believe it!

Does anyone else realize that this thread is 7 pages long and we haven't even had an interview yet at any GA school?

Does anyone else realize that this thread is 7 pages long and we haven't even had an interview yet at any GA school?
Hey man,

yea, i wonder if this year's class will beat the ~1800 posts from last years

Members don't see this ad :)
I have posted this in other threads, so I apologize. It seems though that we are still transitioning to this thread so will post here as well (again my apologies)

Question: for reapps, is anyone contacting the docs that interviewed them/that they may have met at MCG/Mercer?

A doc recomended that I send what amounts to an 'update' letter the the people that interviewed me. I wanted to see if this was something people did...

I connected really well with my interviewers and both expressed

And so...maybe tomorrow will be the day. Sigh.

Is Emory's secondary website working yet?

Also, has anyone been to Emory and talked to Erica the admissions lady?? ...wow, I hope she's single!

i got an email saying that it would be up at the end of the august

Last edited:
i got my MCG regular decision application today- man that thing is long!

I just received an interview invite to MCG for August 19th.

Last edited:
Congrats Fahimaz7! Wishing you great interviewers and a ton of luck!

Last edited:

Congrats man!!!!!!!!!! That's awesome!!!!!!!!!!!! Hopefully you and I will be getting good post-interview news around the same time. Best of luck.

Paz,
Alex

Congrats man, I'm sure this will be your year!

Sorry for the lurking :p I may be in texas now, but I haven't forgotten about you guys...by the way I heard you are going to war with russia, glad I got out when I did...

Congrats man, I'm sure this will be your year!

Sorry for the lurking :p I may be in texas now, but I haven't forgotten about you guys...by the way I heard you are going to war with russia, glad I got out when I did...

Hey dd128! Yeah, I'm still here too. No time for anything more than lurking, though.

Anyone who has an old lab coat, SAVE IT!! I just bought an old nasty one, and my slightly dirty one was very clean by comparison.

Mercer EDP'ers - Crossing my finger this coming week is a great week for all of us. It is my hunch that it is when those of us fortunate enough to get interviews will start getting them...Good luck everyone!

Mercer EDP'ers - Crossing my finger this coming week is a great week for all of us. It is my hunch that it is when those of us fortunate enough to get interviews will start getting them...Good luck everyone!
They have to start offering interviews this week if they want to interview a reasonable amount of applicants before the deadline. All of their decision letters must be postmarked by Oct. 1. Maybe the 19th will be the first interview day???

Today I made the mistake of watching Olympic soccer - Portugal (w) vs Australia. The whole time I was thinking how analogous the soccer game is to this application process ... I had to wait 90 minutes to finally see a single shot-on-goal. Come on already! lol. To make matters worse, I retook the MCAT on July 8 to see if I could better my score. Well it is now day 33 and no score report. Oh happy times! Good thing I don't drink coffee - I might be a nervous wreck.

Last edited:
I work the same way, and I am going crazy waiting too! Good luck MCG'ers! We, Mercer EDP'ers will continue to go crazy til we hear something.

FYI, August 11 is the first day of classes for incoming students.

Last edited:
Anybody from Mercer heard anything?

Last edited:
Anybody from Mercer heard anything?

You're stalking this news more than most! I bet that people are going to be getting invites from both MCG and Mercer well into September (historically Mercer has interviewed after Sept 20th for EDP).

Take a breather, it's a long process :) I don't think it matters when you interview for EDP.. As long as you get an interview.

On a side note, I am starting to think that MCG is sending interview invites out on Fridays (last two interviewers received their invites on Friday).

To be honest - my sister is having a baby very soon, and I'm supposed to go up to visit. I was hoping to get an interview invite (if I warranted one) first, so I could make sure to not plan my trip over whatever date I was offered. I'm now within the two week mark of when I am supposed to fly to see her, so that is probably why I am also stalking it quite a bit. :)

Last edited:
To be honest - my sister is having a baby very soon, and I'm supposed to go up to visit. I was hoping to get an interview invite (if I warranted one) first, so I could make sure to not plan my trip over whatever date I was offered. I'm now within the two week mark of when I am supposed to fly to see her, so that is probably why I am also stalking it quite a bit. :)

When you get an invite, they will offer you a day to come in and visit. If for some reason you can't come that day (and assuming it's not the last day for interviews), they are more than willing to work with you and put you on a different day.

Last year they did this for me.

Hope that gives some relief! Congrats on being a aunt!

That does offer some relief - I didn't know if it was a faux pas to ask for a different day or not, or if we should just suck it up and be grateful we got one at all...

THANKS! I'm so excited - it's my baby sister, and it looks like she might deliver early, which may put me visiting her during the birth (hopefully). So exciting!

Hey Glamqueen, I would not worry if I were you. Mercer's orientation is this week. The whole school (Savannah and Macon) is incredibly busy and might prevent the admissions department from giving out interviews. Anyway just thought I would throw that out there to encourage you. Don't give up hope, it will happen. Congrats on the nephew/niece (did not see which one). Worst case scenario you reschedule your interview, I am sure they will not mind.

I have an interview at MCG on the 20th!!

Congrats on the interviews!

Last edited:
Did they extend your window to get the materials in? It's August 13th already...

Yah I got that message. I freaked out when I saw the subject of the email. I was thinking something was wrong with my secondary and I would have to submit it again. well this may be good news for those of us who have their completed EDP file at Mercer, it puts us in the front of the line. I really think next week will be the week for phone calls, since they are busy with orientation.

I agree that I bet it will be next week; however, nearly all of us who post on this board were submitted and complete near if not on the first day it was open. Ha! We're all obsessive. :)

I am extremely surprised at how behind things seem...was it this way last year? I really expected people to start getting interview invites at this point already. How are they going to fit in interviewing everyone before the required Oct 1 deadline? Do you think they will just make decisions on people super quick after their interview due to the time constraints that they will have now?

Thoughts?

I just look around on SDN and I see all these non-EDP schools and applicants with interviews already lined up etc., and I'm just surprised that there are no invites out.

I just look around on SDN and I see all these non-EDP schools and applicants with interviews already lined up etc., and I'm just surprised that there are no invites out.

The schools that you are discussing are ones that do not have a EDP system in place. A lot of schools (non-edp and esp. private ones) get 5000+ applications. They get an early start and start to review/invite students as soon as they get applications.

Mercer and MCG wait until 8/1 to see what files they have for EDP and who is complete. After that, they meet (I'm thinking twice a week) and screen through applications for interviews.

Mercer seems behind b/c they are. This year, they introduced a different secondary application. It's the reason why you didn't get the application until the end of July.

Just my 2-cents. Interviews will happen and people will get in. :)

The process is a long wait.

I recommend everyone to grab a bag of popcorn and relax!

Mercer will probably come out next week, but knowing the way med school works...it could be in three weeks.

Last year I interviewed in Jan, was told I'd get in, and waited until April to get waitlisted. This process is long and trying, like med school, and really tests your fortitude and mental sanity.

disclaimer: I am insane today. Was I insane yesterday? hmm. May be I always was?

The process is a long wait.

I recommend everyone to grab a bag of popcorn and relax!

Mercer will probably come out next week, but knowing the way med school works...it could be in three weeks.

Last year I interviewed in Jan, was told I'd get in, and waited until April to get waitlisted. This process is long and trying, like med school, and really tests your fortitude and mental sanity.

disclaimer: I am insane today. Was I insane yesterday? hmm. May be I always was?

This is the beauty of EDP. At least we only have to wait til Oct 1 to find out if we are either accepted, rejected or rolled into regular....

*Grabs an EDP-sized bag of popcorn.*

This is the beauty of EDP. At least we only have to wait til Oct 1 to find out if we are either accepted, rejected or rolled into regular....

*Grabs an EDP-sized bag of popcorn.*
so very true!

however, as you can see, you've all ready been waiting a month or so longer than expected!!!

Yes, we should all know soon. I hope to meet some of you at the interview!