-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Glasgow 2024-2025 (c/o 2029 hopefuls)
Started by supershorty
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
gpcpohui56
New Member
Congrats everyone that is so exciting to hear!! Did everyone who heard back today get an email around the same time? I think one person mentioned they got an email around 8:30 EST?
Erin Hanger
Full Member
I got mine at 5:30am PST, so I think that is the same timeCongrats everyone that is so exciting to hear!! Did everyone who heard back today get an email around the same time? I think one person mentioned they got an email around 8:30 EST?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
gpcpohui56
New Member
I interviewed a few days ago, and I feel the same way. I don't think I did very well in the 2nd section. Do any of you guys think our chances of receiving an acceptance are low if we haven't heard anything yet?Dang they’re rolling in!! I interviewed 11/20 but haven’t heard anything yet…I thought the interview went well but now I ain’t so sure. Holding on for hearing something by Christmas…
Last edited:
langdonj
Full Member
No, the email I got made it seem like only the top interview scorers are being given offers right now so there will probably be many more acceptances later.I interviewed a few days ago, and I feel the same way. I don't think I did very well in the 2nd section. Do any of you guys think our chances of receiving an acceptance are low if we haven't heard anything yet?
I interviewed a few days ago, and I feel the same way. I don't think I did very well in the 2nd section. Do any of you guys think our chances of receiving an acceptance are low if we haven't heard anything yet?
I was looking through last year's thread and it looked like majority of people got offers on December 19th, with some earlier and some later.No, the email I got made it seem like only the top interview scorers are being given offers right now so there will probably be many more acceptances later.
Future Emo Veterinarian
Full Member
Rejected
wannabehorsevet
Full Member
Ohh no! Sorry to hear. Do you have a few others you're waiting on?Rejected
I know we don't know each other, but try not to beat yourself up! Plenty of amazing vets don't get in on their first try (or first few tries!). I have no doubt that it'll happen for you!
I'm sorry 🙁 Did they say why?Rejected
You seem like a really kind person and I hope you get in with another school.
Future Emo Veterinarian
Full Member
Ohh no! Sorry to hear. Do you have a few others you're waiting on?
I know we don't know each other, but try not to beat yourself up! Plenty of amazing vets don't get in on their first try (or first few tries!). I have no doubt that it'll happen for you!
I’m waiting on Aberystwyth, Bristol, Nottingham, and I just interviewed with Liverpool.I'm sorry 🙁 Did they say why?
You seem like a really kind person and I hope you get in with another school.
Yeah, I didn’t score high enough in the ERT.
kitkat10290
New Member
Hi, new here, finally made an sdn account! Received an acceptance to Glasgow!!! Same time as others, on Sunday, 12/1 at 8:30am ET/1:30pm GMT so it seems like they sent a first batch out all at once. I am very much leaning toward accepting, but waiting to hear from a few other schools. This is my second cycle after a really poor attempt to only two schools last year, and Glasgow was my first ever vet school interview. Applied to 9 schools total this time (6 in the U.S. where I am and 3 international) - so far, 4 rejections, 1 acceptance, and 4 awaiting response. So please, everyone, stay positive!
langdonj
Full Member
I'm also so tempted to accept, and I honestly think I would prefer Glasgow to most schools in the US. I applied to 10 schools (5 US, 5 international), and so far this is my only acceptance (2 other interviews, 2 rejections, 5 waiting). I feel like I should stay in the US if I get in here, especially if I get into my in-state, but a little part of me is hoping that I don't get in anywhere else and end up in Glasgow 🤣Hi, new here, finally made an sdn account! Received an acceptance to Glasgow!!! Same time as others, on Sunday, 12/1 at 8:30am ET/1:30pm GMT so it seems like they sent a first batch out all at once. I am very much leaning toward accepting, but waiting to hear from a few other schools. This is my second cycle after a really poor attempt to only two schools last year, and Glasgow was my first ever vet school interview. Applied to 9 schools total this time (6 in the U.S. where I am and 3 international) - so far, 4 rejections, 1 acceptance, and 4 awaiting response. So please, everyone, stay positive!
chaotikvoltage
Full Member
For people who were accepted and are gonna wait to hear from other places - did you respond to your Glasgow email and say that you were waiting/ would let them know when you make a decision? Not sure if I should reply to their email lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I feel like if you have until March to accept then you don't need to respond right now but someone correct me if I'm wrong. They probably understand that this is a busy time of year with school and holidays, on top of people waiting to hear from other schools.For people who were accepted and are gonna wait to hear from other places - did you respond to your Glasgow email and say that you were waiting/ would let them know when you make a decision? Not sure if I should reply to their email lol
I feel like if you have until March to accept then you don't need to respond right now but someone correct me if I'm wrong. They probably understand that this is a busy time of year with school and holidays, on top of people waiting to hear from other schools.
Mid April is the deadline to accept*
I don't think there's any need to reply until you know for sure if you're accepting or declining the offer! They will probably send you a follow-up email closer to the decision deadline, too.For people who were accepted and are gonna wait to hear from other places - did you respond to your Glasgow email and say that you were waiting/ would let them know when you make a decision? Not sure if I should reply to their email lol
wannabehorsevet
Full Member
Did any of you guys apply with UCAS, or did you all apply with VMCAS? I applied with UCAS in Oct and haven't even received the ERT from Glasgow yet... Wondering if I should follow up with them by email or just wait and try not to stress? I have an interview with Edinburgh in Feb and I'm waiting to hear from Dublin and Nottingham, but I feel like I should've received the ERT from Glasgow by now... this whole process is so anxiety inducing! Lol
Future Emo Veterinarian
Full Member
It does not hurt to emailDid any of you guys apply with UCAS, or did you all apply with VMCAS? I applied with UCAS in Oct and haven't even received the ERT from Glasgow yet... Wondering if I should follow up with them by email or just wait and try not to stress? I have an interview with Edinburgh in Feb and I'm waiting to hear from Dublin and Nottingham, but I feel like I should've received the ERT from Glasgow by now... this whole process is so anxiety inducing! Lol
mazzygirl
New Member
I got accepted to Glasgow Monday morning (12/9)! I interviewed with them on 12/5. It seems that they send out some acceptances the week after interviews. From the email I received (and what I read here), it seems that they send early acceptances to those that scored high on their interview. Good luck to everyone else, I will probably accept my spot at Glasgow !!
I don't think I scored very well on that interview then I had mine back in nov 20th [emoji24]
That’s how I’m feeling right now too, I interviewed on Nov 19th. It felt good, but apparently wasn’t as good as I thought.
Just to give some perspective, I received my ERT 9/21/2023, interviewed on 12/6/2023, and did not receive my waitlist email until 12/19/23 (the same day my coworker got his acceptance and he had interview even earlier on 11/23/23). It is not shocking, and also not necessarily a bad sign if you haven't heard anything yet.
ashleys123
New Member
I also interviewed on the 19th and haven't heard back yet. Maybe they're just sending out invites to the best of the best at first, but once the interviews are all completed they will start giving out more acceptances. No news is good news!That’s how I’m feeling right now too, I interviewed on Nov 19th. It felt good, but apparently wasn’t as good as I thought.
I had my interview on the 5th and I was told it would be a few weeks and I have not heard back yet. I feel like I did bad on the first part, better on the second part. Wishing I hadn't had to work the night shift before my interview, it definitely showed 😭
revolver ocelot
Full Member
Just got accepted, YIPPEEEEE!!! Interviewed 12/9 at 6am MT and received an acceptance 11:15 MT.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats! Do you think you'll accept or are you waiting for other offers?Just got accepted, YIPPEEEEE!!! Interviewed 12/9 at 6am MT and received an acceptance 11:15 MT.
revolver ocelot
Full Member
Thank you!!!!! Ah honestly not too sure, its giving me a lot to think about because the program is 5 years instead of 4, but I have always wanted to live in Glasgow. Im still waiting on a school from my province, so for now its about 50/50 : )Congrats! Do you think you'll accept or are you waiting for other offers?
hmcgilvery
Full Member
Just got accepted!!! Interviewed 12/9 and got my acceptance 12/13!
Congrats! Did you happen to get your email at the same time as Revolver (according to time zone differences)?Just got accepted!!! Interviewed 12/9 and got my acceptance 12/13!
hmcgilvery
Full Member
Yes I did! I got it at 10:15 PST which I believe is the same time!
Last edited:
Congrats! Was the email also sent at the X:15 mark? I'm just curious so I can figure if they send one batch at the same time or throughout the day lolJust got accepted!!
turtletime88
New Member
Just got accepted🥹 I’m so excited but also slightly confused bc I interviewed at 9am this morning and received an acceptance at 1pm (est). Is this normal?
Congrats! Maybe you are just amazing and they could tell! I do wish I knew what algorithm they were using though lol I interviewed the 21st and haven't heard yet but I'm trying to remain calmJust got accepted🥹 I’m so excited but also slightly confused bc I interviewed at 9am this morning and received an acceptance at 1pm (est). Is this normal?
revolver ocelot
Full Member
Hang in there!! My email said that the acceptance was sent based on top scores in the interview. They may just still be sending those out first (by also seeing what others said previously in the thread) and will be sending out majority of acceptances later as they still have many more interviews to go through aswell. Hoping youll hear good news soon!Congrats! Maybe you are just amazing and they could tell! I do wish I knew what algorithm they were using though lol I interviewed the 21st and haven't heard yet but I'm trying to remain calm
I do remember in my nervous interview haze they mentioned decisions before Christmas (or at least intended/ would like to) so I’m hoping to hear something before then (whether it be a yes or no) but it seems like they would continue interviews beyond then so I’m not sure what the majority decision date is 🤷♀️Hang in there!! My email said that the acceptance was sent based on top scores in the interview. They may just still be sending those out first (by also seeing what others said previously in the thread) and will be sending out majority of acceptances later as they still have many more interviews to go through aswell. Hoping youll hear good news soon!
turtletime88
New Member
Are any of y’all from the states? Would love to connect !
Yes, I received it around 1:15pm ESTCongrats! Was the email also sent at the X:15 mark? I'm just curious so I can figure if they send one batch at the same time or throughout the day lol
I am!Are any of y’all from the states? Would love to connect !
Congrats to all! I just got my acceptance, but I had to do a search in my mailbox for any new emails, so somehow it slipped through. Just wanted to remind everyone to keep checking ALL those inboxes, you never know!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is there a group for accepted students? Would love to connect with people!
Could we do a Facebook / instagram group or something? 🙂Is there a group for accepted students? Would love to connect with people!
Congrats!Anyone here from Singapore? 🙂 I just got my acceptance yesterday, interviewed on 12th!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 607
- Views
- 89K