This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Green22

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am a junior currently. I transferred from a two year college to a 4 year this semester. I am wondering...when I apply to med school, will my gpa from the two year school count in my gpa calculations that calculate the gpa med schools will see? Or will only my gpa for these last two years at the university count? I had a 3.93 at the two year, and I am pretty worried about chemistry here. I hope I can make A’s in chem, but I’m not so sure. Anyway I would appreciate some info on this. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone, I am a junior currently. I transferred from a two year college to a 4 year this semester. I am wondering...when I apply to med school, will my gpa from the two year school count in my gpa calculations that calculate the gpa med schools will see? Or will only my gpa for these last two years at the university count? I had a 3.93 at the two year, and I am pretty worried about chemistry here. I hope I can make A’s in chem, but I’m not so sure. Anyway I would appreciate some info on this. Thanks.
You'll be required to submit an original transcript from every post-HS institution you attended to the med school application service.