GPA's, GRE's, XTRA's, ACCEPTANCES

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
University: University of Wisconsin - Oshkosh
Major: Kinesiology - Strength and Conditioning Emphasis
Undergrad GPA: 3.50 (started pretty rough in my early years and turned things around)
Pre-requisite GPA: 3.5-3.6
GRE: 150V, 153Q, 4.0W

Extra-curriculars/Experiences:
4.5 years NCAA football, National Championship appearance as a senior, Honor Roll, Dean's List, NSCA-CSCS, CrossFit Head Coach, Strength and Conditioning Intern/Coach at collegiate level, Personal Trainer and Wellness Coach at YMCA, Research experience in exercise, 40+ hours CNA in long-term care facility, Volunteer with Be The Match and Old Glory Honor Flight for veterans.

Volunteer/Observation Hours:
620 Outpatient (2 different clinics) as PT Tech
40 Inpatient rehab and acute care PT/OT (still observing)

LORs:
1 from a PT I worked for, 1 from professor (strength and conditioning program director), 1 from my current supervisor/gym owner, and 1 from my collegiate football coach.

Planning to apply:
Early Decision UW-Madison

This is my first application cycle. I'm feeling pretty confident about my chances of getting in. I will be meeting with the director of admissions in a couple weeks to tour the facilities and get some more information. Really hoping I can leave a lasting impression. Any suggestions on questions to ask or what I can do to improve my chances are greatly appreciated. Good luck to everybody!

Update! Acceptance!!

Applied: UW-Madison, UW-Lax, Concordia University - Wisconsin, Carroll, Regis, Mayo Clinic

Interviews: Concordia (11/17), Regis (2/4)

Denied: UW-Madison, UW-Lax

Accepted: Concordia (from waitlist)

Members don't see this ad.

Update! Acceptance!!

Applied: UW-Madison, UW-Lax, Concordia University - Wisconsin, Carroll, Regis, Mayo Clinic

Interviews: Concordia (11/17), Regis (2/4)

Denied: UW-Madison, UW-Lax

Accepted: Concordia (from waitlist)
Hey I’m on the waitlist at Concordia as well. Were you a top 3 alternate?

University: Thomas Edison State University
Cumulative GPA: 3.51
Most Recent 60 Credit GPA: 3.77
Prerequisite GPA: 4.0
GRE: 326 (164V, 162Q), 5.0 writing
Volunteer: 20 Acute Care (Inpatient), 20 Skilled Nursing Facility (Inpatient), 20 Wellness/Fitness (Outpatient), 60 Orthopedics (Outpatient)

Applied: University of Illinois-Chicago (UIC), Washington University in St. Louis, Northwestern University, Rosalind Franklin, Northern Illinois University (NIU), University of Evansville, Governors State University, Midwestern University (Downers Grove campus), University of Iowa, Indiana State University, Boston University, MGH Institute of Health Professions, University of St. Augustine (St. Augustine Campus)

Interviews: Rosalind Franklin, NIU, Governors State, University of Iowa, Indiana State, University of St. Augustine, Midwestern University
Rejections: Rosalind Franklin, University of Evansville, Northwestern University, Boston University
Waitlist: University of Iowa
Acceptances: UIC, Washington University in St. Louis, NIU, Governors State, Midwestern, Indiana State, MGH, University of St. Augustine

Attending: UIC! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Volunteer: 20 Acute Care (Inpatient), 20 Skilled Nursing Facility (Inpatient), 20 Wellness/Fitness (Outpatient), 60 Orthopedics (Outpatient)

Applied: University of Illinois-Chicago (UIC), Washington University in St. Louis, Northwestern University, Rosalind Franklin, Northern Illinois University (NIU), University of Evansville, Governors State University, Midwestern University (Downers Grove campus), University of Iowa, Indiana State University, Boston University, MGH Institute of Health Professions, University of St. Augustine (St. Augustine Campus)

Interviews: Rosalind Franklin, NIU, Governors State, University of Iowa, Indiana State, University of St. Augustine, Midwestern University
Rejections: Rosalind Franklin, University of Evansville, Northwestern University, Boston University
Acceptances: UIC, Washington University in St. Louis, NIU, Governors State, Midwestern, Indiana State, MGH, University of St. Augustine

Congrats on UIC! When did you hear back from NIU?

cGPA 3.0
pGPA 3.3

Haven't taken GRE yet. Has anyone got in with such stats?
Be strategic in which schools you apply to. Show great involvement in the community along with diversity in observation settings. Do well on your GRE 300+ with a solid AW score. My guesses is that you will get in.

So excited to post in here! Wanted to share my stats esp for those who don't have a lot of shadowing hours like me!

University:
UNC Chapel Hill
Major: Exercise and Sports Science
Overall GPA: 3.71
Pre-Req GPA: 3.85
GRE: 159Q 156V 4.0

LOR: 2 PTs from the inpatient clinic I worked at for a year, my boss/community director, 1 professor that I do my research with

Volunteer: 1 inpatient clinic, 3 outpatient clinics 120 hours total

Extra Curriculars - Working for my 3rd year as an RA at UNC, heavily involved in the department of housing, research student/volunteer for 3 years and working on an individual research project

Applied (5): Duke, Elon, USC Columbia, Western Carolina, Winston-Salem State
Interviews: Duke(ED), Elon, Western Carolina
Acceptances: Elon, USC Columbia, Western Carolina
Waitlist:
Rejections: Duke

Still waiting on Winston Salem State, but I am super excited to make my decision!!

When did you here from usc?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Be strategic in which schools you apply to. Show great involvement in the community along with diversity in observation settings. Do well on your GRE 300+ with a solid AW score. My guesses is that you will get in.

What do you mean by "show great involvement in the community "?

UIC yeah me too!!

How do schools looks at your gre if you have taken it twice? First attempt 149Q 152V second attempt 154Q 148 V. Do they combined the best from each attempt?

Members don't see this ad :)
How do schools looks at your gre if you have taken it twice? First attempt 149Q 152V second attempt 154Q 148 V. Do they combined the best from each attempt?
Most schools do not combine but take each separate score. I would send the first score because most schools look at the verbal heavier than math. How were your AW scores?

UPDATE

University: Marshall University
Major: Biology
Overall GPA: 3.46 (UG) 3.63 (Grad)
Pre-Req GPA: 3.8
GRE: 146 Q 160 V, 4.5 AW

Extra-Curric: Graduate Teaching Assistant, Research Assistant, Presented at Neuroscience conference

Volunteer: 88 outpatient

Applied: Marshall University, Wheeling Jesuit, Marymount, Shenandoah, Lynchburg, Vermont, South College, Emory and Henry

Acceptances: Wheeling Jesuit (Declined), Vermont (1/23)

Rejections: Shenandoah

Interviews: Marymount (12/1), Wheeling Jesuit (11/16), South College (Declined), Emory and Henry (Declined), Marshall (1/4)

Waitlisted: Wheeling Jesuit, Marymount (Top Tier waiting)

Still waiting to hear from Marshall as it is my number one choice and Marymount.

Some interview updates

Undergrad: University of Massachusetts Lowell
Major: Exercise Physiology
Overall GPA: 3.31
Pre-Req GPA: 3.22-3.3 depending on school
Post-Bac GPA: 3.7
GRE Scores: Q 148 V 147 AW 4.0 (Best of 2)
Hours: 1,500+ outpatient as an PT aide on Air Force Base
LOR: 1 PT, Owner of Air Force Base PT clinic, 2 professors

Applied: Baylor U Hybrid, South College, UNE, U of Mary, Franklin Pierce (NH), Western U, High Point U, Wheeling Jesuit, Dominican College, Plymouth State, Husson U, MCPHS, West Coast U, University of St. Augustine, D'Youville College, RMUoHP
Acceptances: None
Interviews: Wheeling Jesuit 11/9, Dominican College 12/7, University of Mary (Declined), High Point U (Declined), UNE (2/22), Plymouth State (2/1)
Rejections:
Baylor University, RMUoHP, Dominican College, Western U
Waitlist:
MCPHS (waitlist to interview), Wheeling Jesuit (#19)

Last edited:
UPDATE

Extra-Curric: Graduate Teaching Assistant, Research Assistant, Presented at Neuroscience conference

Applied: Marshall University, Wheeling Jesuit, Marymount, Shenandoah, Lynchburg, Vermont, South College, Emory and Henry

Acceptances: Wheeling Jesuit (Declined), Vermont (1/23)

Interviews: Marymount (12/1), Wheeling Jesuit (11/16), South College (Declined), Emory and Henry (Declined), Marshall (1/4)

Still waiting to hear from Marshall as it is my number one choice and Marymount.
Did your Vermont acceptance just say “your application has been approved”?
Lol this is such an odd way to say that students have been accepted.

Did your Vermont acceptance just say “your application has been approved”?
Lol this is such an odd way to say that students have been accepted.
I turned down my spot with Wheeling! Hopefully that means they're getting close to your number!

Final UPDATE!!!

School: University of Tennessee - Knoxville
Major:
Kinesiology/Psychology (also received an Associates in Business while attending undergrad)
Undergrad GPA: 3.67
Pre-Req GPA: 3.5
GRE: 157, 158, 4.5

Extra-Curricular: Sigma Alpha Lambda Honor Society (President); Kinesiology Student Association; Volunteer at a home for disabled children (3 years); Camp counselor at a camp for disabled children

Observation: 170 hours under a Physical therapist (3 settings; all outpatient)

Honors: Dean’s list & scholarships

LORs: 2 PTs; 1 advisor; 1 volunteer supervisor

Applied to: Old Dominion; Radford; Virginia Commonwealth; Murphy Deming (Mary Baldwin); Hampton; Emory & Henry; Shenandoah.

Acceptances: Murphy Deming, Radford, Emory & Henry, ODU
Waitlists: Shenandoah
Rejections: n/a
Interview: Murphy Deming (10/26); Emory & Henry (11/17); Radford (11/16); Shenandoah (12/17)

Will be attending ODU this June!!!

Everyone's GPA is so impressive. It makes me feel like I have no chance reading all the stats. Especially, since I'm changing fields. I got my undergrad. degree in criminology and my Cgpa is 2.7 but I'm taking my prereq classes and my Pgpa is 3.3. How would you guys recommend I bring my cGPA up? All advise are welcome.

Thank you

Also I was involved in the community when doing my undergrad. I did a lot of non-profit events etc

I was actually in the extended waitlist! Just not sure where I fell on that. Good luck!!
Thanks at least I have hope that they’re actually starting to pull people off the waitlist.

Everyone's GPA is so impressive. It makes me feel like I have no chance reading all the stats. Especially, since I'm changing fields. I got my undergrad. degree in criminology and my Cgpa is 2.7 but I'm taking my prereq classes and my Pgpa is 3.3. How would you guys recommend I bring my cGPA up? All advise are welcome.

Thank you

Also I was involved in the community when doing my undergrad. I did a lot of non-profit events etc
Retake any pre-reqs with a C and take some lower level intro classes that you know you can ace over the summer to bump up your cGPA (sports psych, humanities, or anything that interests you). Also observe and gain as much exposure as possible, if you show dedication someone will notice. Lastly, choose wisely for who you want to provide LOR’s...most commonly a PT, professor, or supervisor you have a solid relationship with. You can provide them a template or some things that may be tailored to a certain program, but if they know you well enough then trust them to complete it.

Reactions: 1 user
I definitely agree with slyguy. On getting your cGPA up I also suggest looking for high unit classes you think you’d be successful in. If you’re good at math even remedial classes have decently high units and some are even online classes which could allow you to work. I took a 6 unit algebra/trig class online but had taken calc in high school so it was an easy A for me. Online psych classes aren’t usually too bad either. Look at what your local CC has to offer in your strong areas and get some easy As.

Major: Biology pre-professional(Physical Therapy Track)
cGPA: 3.49
pGPA: 3.70

GRE:147/149Verbal and Math 4.0 Writing.

Observation hours:
200 completed 100 pending outpatient geriatrics (worked as a PT aide/volunteer)
50 completed outpatient ped's

total=350 hours in two settings.

Applied: USciences, Temple, St.Augstine (California), AT Still, Plymouth State, Midwestern-Glendale, Emory&Henry, Lynchburg, MCPHS
Franklin Pierce(NH),University of Mary

Interviews: University of Mary
University of Sciences
University of St. Augustine(San Marcos)(Declined)
University of New England
AT Still University(Declined)
Plymouth State University(Declined)
Emory & Henry(Declined)

Accepted:
University of the Sciences
University of Lynchburg
Franklin Pierce (NH)

Waitlist:

University of New England
University of Mary

Denied:
Temple University
Attending:
I will most likely be attending University of Lynchburg!!!!!!!! I will be pulling myself off of the waitlist for University of Mary and University of New England so hopefully this gives someone else the opportunity of attending these amazing programs!

Waitlisted: Midwestern-Glendale, MCPHS,

Reactions: 1 users
Only semi-recently discovered this forum, thought I'd throw my stats out there to maybe get feedback on what people think of my chances of getting in somewhere. This is my second time applying, first applied during the 16-17 cycle.

Cumulative GPA:
Pre-requisite GPA: 3.3-3.6 depending on school
GRE: 152V, 160Q, 4.0W
Extra-curriculars/Experiences: 2 years as the athletic trainer at a high school with ~400 athletes, probably about 3000 clinical hours there
Volunteer/Observation Hours: 2000 outpatient
LORs: 3 PT's I work with, 1 professor
Applied: Northern Arizona, Puget Sound, Pacific, Bellarmine, Chapman, West Coast
Interviews: West Coast (2/8), Bellarmine (declined due to scheduling conflict), Pacific has waitlisted me for an interview, though last cycle I got a straight up rejection so...this is at least better than that. Honestly don't anticipate getting an interview with them knowing how many applications they get.
Rejections: Northern Arizona

As a whole I feel I have a stronger application than I did the first time. I've got more hours in a PT clinic, more clinical experience hours as an ATC, and better letters of recommendation. The first cycle I'd only shadowed a few times before needing to ask if the one PT at the clinic I knew could write me a letter. Now I've actually worked in our clinic for a couple years and have better references.

My biggest weaknesses are my grades/GPA so I'm honestly not confident in getting in anywhere because seeing all the people with high GPA's on here make it so daunting. I didn't do so hot early on as an undergrad in anatomy/phys where I got C's/C-'s, I retook them a couple years ago and got B/A/A on a quarter system so at least second time around schools will see I did better. Overall there's an upward trend in GPA starting around my junior year onwards, my last 60 credits are in the range of 3.5-3.6. I'm hoping my lower grades/lower GPA may be offset by my clinical experiences and essay, which I think was much stronger for me this year than last time I applied.

Retake any pre-reqs with a C and take some lower level intro classes that you know you can ace over the summer to bump up your cGPA (sports psych, humanities, or anything that interests you). Also observe and gain as much exposure as possible, if you show dedication someone will notice. Lastly, choose wisely for who you want to provide LOR’s...most commonly a PT, professor, or supervisor you have a solid relationship with. You can provide them a template or some things that may be tailored to a certain program, but if they know you well enough then trust them to complete it.[/QUOTE

Thank you. Would you recommend taking like a few easy P.E classes to boost the gpa?

Retake any pre-reqs with a C and take some lower level intro classes that you know you can ace over the summer to bump up your cGPA (sports psych, humanities, or anything that interests you). Also observe and gain as much exposure as possible, if you show dedication someone will notice. Lastly, choose wisely for who you want to provide LOR’s...most commonly a PT, professor, or supervisor you have a solid relationship with. You can provide them a template or some things that may be tailored to a certain program, but if they know you well enough then trust them to complete it.

I have a few A's and a lot of B's in my prereq. Does look bad?

Only semi-recently discovered this forum, thought I'd throw my stats out there to maybe get feedback on what people think of my chances of getting in somewhere. This is my second time applying, first applied during the 16-17 cycle.

Cumulative GPA:
Extra-curriculars/Experiences: 2 years as the athletic trainer at a high school with ~400 athletes, probably about 3000 clinical hours there
Applied: Northern Arizona, Puget Sound, Pacific, Bellarmine, Chapman, West Coast
Interviews: West Coast (2/8), Bellarmine (declined due to scheduling conflict), Pacific has waitlisted me for an interview, though last cycle I got a straight up rejection so...this is at least better than that. Honestly don't anticipate getting an interview with them knowing how many applications they get.

As a whole I feel I have a stronger application than I did the first time. I've got more hours in a PT clinic, more clinical experience hours as an ATC, and better letters of recommendation. The first cycle I'd only shadowed a few times before needing to ask if the one PT at the clinic I knew could write me a letter. Now I've actually worked in our clinic for a couple years and have better references.

My biggest weaknesses are my grades/GPA so I'm honestly not confident in getting in anywhere because seeing all the people with high GPA's on here make it so daunting. I didn't do so hot early on as an undergrad in anatomy/phys where I got C's/C-'s, I retook them a couple years ago and got B/A/A on a quarter system so at least second time around schools will see I did better. Overall there's an upward trend in GPA starting around my junior year onwards, my last 60 credits are in the range of 3.5-3.6. I'm hoping my lower grades/lower GPA may be offset by my clinical experiences and essay, which I think was much stronger for me this year than last time I applied.

Those schools are numbers driven. At still, USA, Tennessee state, University of Mary, and Touro are schools that will accept an applicant such as yourself. You are more than worthy of acceptance I would look elsewhere for acceptance however.

I have a few A's and a lot of B's in my prereq. Does look bad?
It’s not that it looks bad, although as long as the A’s are in anatomy you may be okay. But consider retaking one or two of the B’s that you feel confident enough to ace. During my gap year I retook three prereqs at a CC rather than my Univeristy to save money. Best decision I made.

Cumulative GPA:

Why did you reject an interview due to scheduling conflict? Especially your 2nd time applying? I would schedule around other things to make the interview. I would get your cumulative gpa up if you don't get in anywhere this round. Also, I would think about getting more exposure to different PT settings other than just thousands of hours at one place (especially when it's paid). In my opinion, unpaid observation hours are more genuine and are more valuable but schools view that differently. Nonetheless, good luck with this cycle.

Why did you reject an interview due to scheduling conflict? Especially your 2nd time applying? I would schedule around other things to make the interview. I would get your cumulative gpa up if you don't get in anywhere this round. Also, I would think about getting more exposure to different PT settings other than just thousands of hours at one place (especially when it's paid). In my opinion, unpaid observation hours are more genuine and are more valuable but schools view that differently. Nonetheless, good luck with this cycle.
I don’t agree about the observation hours. Of course a variety is important and wildboar should seek out more diverse PT experiences, definitely inpatient because some schools require it. However I wouldn’t regard unpaid hours as more valuable/ genuine. I have learned so much more as a paid aide and have gotten so much more patient interaction then I ever did as a volunteer where my primary jobs were to clean and fold things and watch. I don’t think my love for working with patients is any less genuine because I’m being paid to do it.

Last edited:

The interviews were for the same day. By the time the Bellarmine interview was offered to me, I'd already accepted and made travel plans for West Coast. I called Bellarmine to see if there were any other interview dates or whether a Skype interview would be possible but there weren't any other options. I decided I wanted West Coast more so if I were only going to be able to take one interview, that was the one I wanted.

Congrats on your acceptances! When do you have to let Indiana State know your decision by? Thanks in advance!

Major: Exercise Science
Overall GPA: 3.68 on PTCAS (3.83 on transcript)
Pre-Req GPA: 3.42-3.57ish depending on school
GRE: 153V 151Q 4.0AW

LOR:
2 PT's (one I shadowed and one I work with), 1 professor (director of the exercise science program), 1 employer

Volunteer/Observation hours:
531 total at time of application

Outpatient: 237hrs hospital clinic (216 of those hours I worked as a tech), 265hrs free-standing clinic (3 different sites)
Inpatient: 29hrs acute/sub-acute rehab

Extra Curriculars/Experiences:
Research internship (for school credit), Pre-physical therapy society, exercise science club, health and wellness intern, 5 community service experiences, CPR/First Aid certified, Certified Personal Trainer, Deans list a few semesters, small undergrad scholarship

Applied (8):
Tennessee State University, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Marshall University, University of New Mexico, Western University of Health Sciences, Des Moines University, Midwestern-Glendale, Rocky Mountain University of Health Professions

Interviews:
Midwestern-Glendale: 10/26
Rocky Mountain University of Health Professions: 11/16
University of Nebraska Medical Center: 12/18
Marshall (declined)
University of New Mexico: 2/2
Western University of Health Sciences (declined)
Des Moines University: 2/1
Acceptances: RMUoHP and UNM!! :soexcited:still waiting to hear from DMU
Waitlist: Midwestern and UNMC

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Acceptances update :)

Applied: UF, UNF, UCF, UM, FGCU
Interviews: UNF (2/9), UM (1/18), UCF (12/12), FGCU (declined)
Accepted: UCF, UM, UF
Rejections: None

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

UPDATE! Interviews

Undergraduate:
Western Michigan University | Bachelor of Science in Exercise Science
Overall/Cumulative GPA: 3.59
GRE: 150V 150Q 3.0W
LORs: 2 from PTs that I shadowed, 1 from undergraduate Exercise Science professor

Extracurriculars/Experiences: Recipient of a full athletic scholarship and Division I student-athlete (tennis) at Western Michigan University, Deans list for nearly all semesters of my undergraduate studies, Academic All-MAC honors, All-MAC Second Team honors, Mid-American Conference Player of the Week honors, Worked 80+ hours as a Certified Nursing Assistant, Dog-sitter through Rover for over 3 years, Adult and Pediatric First Aid/CPR/AED Certification through the American Red Cross

Volunteer: Volunteered at the Color Run, Volunteered at local downtown church for an entire weekend preparing and serving meals to the homeless and poor, Volunteered as a student-athlete at a local middle school

Observation Hours: 450 hours outpatient at sports medicine clinic with two different therapists. Consisted of a variety of patient populations and diagnoses such as: sports/athletics, geriatric, neurological, pediatric and orthopedic/musculoskeletal.
30 hours inpatient shadowing a physical therapist in an acute rehab unit at a hospital and saw a lot of the following: geriatrics, orthopedic/musculoskeletal, cardiovascular/pulmonary, integumentary (wound management).

Applied: Ohio State, Toledo, Ohio U, Walsh, Wheeling Jesuit, Marshall, West Virginia, Grand Valley State, Western Michigan, UIndy, Rosalind Franklin, Gannon (Erie), Thomas Jefferson, Temple, George Washington, MGHIHP, New England, South College, High Point, MUSC, Maryland (Baltimore), Midwestern (AZ)

Yes, I realize I applied to a ton of schools. This was my first time applying and I had pretty average GRE scores, so I wanted to give myself a better chance at being accepted.

Interviews: West Virginia University (1/5), Walsh University (1/18), Wheeling Jesuit University, Western Michigan University (2/11, but will likely turn down), South College
Acceptances: West Virginia University (1/12)!!!!! :)
Waitlist: UIndy
Rejections: Ohio State, Toledo, Ohio U, Marshall, Grand Valley State, Thomas Jefferson, Temple, MGHIHP, MUSC
Still waiting to hear back from: Rosalind Franklin, Gannon (Erie), George Washington, New England, High Point, Maryland (Baltimore), and Midwestern (AZ)

I am pretty young and this is my first time/cycle applying. I doubted myself from the very beginning just seeing other peoples’ stats, GRE scores, etc. I was so nervous that I would never get in anywhere, but I am so thankful that I did and I truly cannot believe it!!!! WVU was one of my top schools too, so I am ecstatic to have gotten in say the least! :)

I wish you all the best of luck! We can do this!
Thank you for posting this. As someone who also doesn't have top-of-the class academics, it's nice to hear of someone else getting in.
Also, I applied to Rosalind Franklin and interviewed there the beginning of this month (was waitlisted). It's weird you haven't heard back, as it sounded like they were aiming to finish up interviews shortly. Regardless, congrats on the acceptance:)

I interviewed at UM on the same day as you! When did you hear back from UM? Congratulations!

Congrats! When you interviewed at UM on the 18th did they happen to say if they will be having any other interview dates in feb/march?

School: Florida International University
Major: Physical Education: Sports and Fitness track
Overall GPA: 3.84
Pre-Req GPA: 3.94
GRE: 152V 150Q 4.0AW

LOR:

2 PT's (one from an orthopedic setting and the other from a neuro setting)

1 from my anatomy professor

1 from the director of a tutoring program I volunteered for.

Volunteer/Observation hours:
550 total hours
-outpatient Sports/Orthopedic setting

- outpatient Neuro setting

-outpatient orthopedic setting

- Inpatient acute care setting

Extra Curriculars/Experiences:
PLTL Leader, Marketing Director of Pre-physical therapy club, Assistant Public Relations Chair for fraternity, Captain for intramural soccer team, Alternative breaks volunteer, Sabrina Cohen Foundation beach day volunteer, lifeguard, CPR/First Aid certified, Certified Personal Trainer, Deans list, 3 undergrad scholarships.

Applied:

Florida International University, University of Miami

Interviews:
FIU early interview
UM interview

Acceptances: UM and FIU

I will be attending the University of Miami!!! This forum has helped me a lot in mapping out my undergraduate career and I am grateful for this community we have. I hope my post helps out current and future applicants as well.

Congrats! When you interviewed at UM on the 18th did they happen to say if they will be having any other interview dates in feb/march?
Thank you! I think they have an interview date in February, but I may be wrong.

The mercy interview is in person and it is a group interview, two faculty and three interviewees. There's usually 4 or 5 questions then a teamwork based question. They randomize the order for answering questions so you won't have to worry about not knowing what to say or always being first or last. I don't remember all of them but they were pretty standard interview questions. Why do you think you'd be successful at mercy? What are some struggles in the field of pt now? Why pt instead of another health care field? I don't remember the other two. My teamwork question was think of three strategies that will help you succeed in a dpt program. During the teamwork question the three of you interviewees will discuss the question and try to find good answers. During this portion it's important that you show good leadership skills, as well as the ability to follow. You want to let people finish talking but you also want to show you have input and what you say matters. That's all I really got, be yourself, be confident you got an interview, and you're gonna do great.

Hello, did anyone else hear back from Mercy College dpt program for 2019? I interviwed on Jan 5 and am still waiting for a reply.

Undergrad: Cal State Northridge (2017)
Major/Minor: Kinesiology, Ex Sci/ Biology
cGPA: 3.7
pGPA: 3.72 - 3.81
GRE: 154Q/160V/4.0

Observation Hours
Home Health: 10
Inpatient: 100 (Hospital)
Outpatient: 1800+ (Private Clinic w Aqua) 48 (Aqua Pediatric)

Extra-Curric:
3WINS Fitness, Exercise Director
Kinesiology Majors Club
University Club Soccer Athlete
Student Facilities Maintenance Worker
Groundskeeper
Paraprofessional/ Tutor

LOR: 1 PT/ Employer, 1 PT, 1 Professor

Submission Dates: 10 schools (9/23). USC (11/30).

Interviews: RMUoHP (12/14), University of Utah(1/11 - Declined), University of Colorado (1/12), Regis (2/4 - Declined)

Accepted: Wash U in St. Louis(11/8), Samuel Merritt (12/13), RMUoHP - Fall Cohort(12/14), University of Colorado w/ scholarship (1/17), USC (1/24)

Waitlisted: CSUN (#51), CSULB (High Tier), UW (1/29)

Rejections: NAU

Attending: University of Colorado!!!

Still haven’t heard from MSMU.

Reactions: 1 users
UPDATE

Acceptances: Wheeling Jesuit (Declined), Vermont (1/23), Marshall Universty (1/30)

Attending: MARSHALL!