Group Interviews: What to Expect?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

noxlle

Reaction score
Hi all, I've seen on the interview review site that some DO schools have used group interviews in the past. I've only had 1 interview so far and it was one-on-one. How is a group interview different (apart from the obvious that it's not one-on-one)? Do people take it in turns to answer questions or is there a collaborative element to it? Any advice/insight welcome!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Group interviews can be a little tricky sometimes. Do provide authentic answers and try not to appear rehearsed. You want to project warmth and connect with the interviewer. Offer to respond to questions, i.e., don't wait to be called on. Be respectful to others answering. Do not interrupt others, you would be surprised how often that happens. You will be evaluated how you interact with your colleagues. Provide concise replies. If the interviewer interrupts you, you have talked too long. Also, try to know something about Osteopathic medicine and why you choose to be a DO. It always surprised me when that one stumped some applicants. It's really not much different than a one on one interview.

Reactions: 1 users
Group interviews can be a little tricky sometimes. Do provide authentic answers and try not to appear rehearsed. You want to project warmth and connect with the interviewer. Offer to respond to questions, i.e., don't wait to be called on. Be respectful to others answering. Do not interrupt others, you would be surprised how often that happens. You will be evaluated how you interact with your colleagues. Provide concise replies. If the interviewer interrupts you, you have talked too long. Also, try to know something about Osteopathic medicine and why you choose to be a DO. It always surprised me when that one stumped some applicants. It's really not much different than a one on one interview.
Thank you! This is super helpful

Reactions: 1 user
Reactions: 2 users