This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

australianmetal

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I have been accepted to both the George Washington University and Georgetown postbac programs and was wondering please whether anyone could please provide fresh perspective/info on these or a more direct comparison weighing the two. I've read through a LOT of posts on each but am hoping for feedback that is more up-to-date, as well as possibly more direct in this weighing of two options.

Location isn't a huge consideration for me because, frankly, both are fairly inconvenient to my residence in Baltimore (yes, yes, I've done some of the other applications -- Goucher rejection, Hopkins TBD) as I see it, and I just want to go by what is really best premed-wise rather than by those factors of housing, living environment, etcetera. But definitely throw those in for other postbac readers! :) They're just not too pertinent to my own decision by now. I've also been saving from my job to wait for the position I'm in now where I can afford whichever, so cost isn't a big relevant factor for me, but we all of course would like to know our money (and time) is smartly spent.

FWIW I am hoping to go into medicine or surgery, not dentistry or PA school.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
How long did it take you to hear back from GWU after your interview? I just had mine so I’m intrigued.

Members don't see this ad :)
How long did it take you to hear back from GWU after your interview? I just had mine so I’m intrigued.
I heard from them after about a week, same day I heard from Georgetown (which was the same day as my Georgetown interview, but I hear they only really interview if there are outstanding questions from your documents rather than it being an admission make-or-break). Some resident physicians I work with/for who themselves were career changers have told me to take GW and that they have had people in their own circles at one point or another who came out of the GW program. My only reservation remaining has centered around this program splitting my household, per my partner's new job also moving us/them, but I think I'm going to work out the long-distance personal matters and take it :)

I heard from them after about a week, same day I heard from Georgetown (which was the same day as my Georgetown interview, but I hear they only really interview if there are outstanding questions from your documents rather than it being an admission make-or-break). Some resident physicians I work with/for who themselves were career changers have told me to take GW and that they have had people in their own circles at one point or another who came out of the GW program. My only reservation remaining has centered around this program splitting my household, per my partner's new job also moving us/them, but I think I'm going to work out the long-distance personal matters and take it :)
Thank you! I received an acceptance for GW however, they give a limited timeline to place a deposit and I already was set on Temple.. I may have to pass on GW although I really did like the faculty who interviewed me. However, I received a bad impression when they initially told me that they were not going to interview then changed my mind and did. I love DC but Temple really sold me from the jump!