Hawaii

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medking

The time will come...
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anybody know when Hawaii starts giving out normal acceptances (not EDP)? I saw on the site and heard from the admissions there that they wait until April to send out all notifications to their applicants at once. Is this really true? Has anyone gotten or know of a person that has gotten an acceptance from them before April that was not EDP?

Thanks in advance!!!

Members don't see this ad.

I have a friend that found out in FEB I believe April is right from what I have heard... but my knowledge is limited

When I applied there, they told me April. I didn't receive my acceptance until late 1st week/early 2nd week of May.

My sister found out shortly after her interviews that she was accepted and given a 1 year scholarship.

Members don't see this ad :)
Any of you guys in Kauai? PM me if so
Maui kids- I'll see you on Front Street Oct 31.

Thanks for the replies guys!

So I guess in special circumstances they do send acceptances earlier than April. That's cool.

Anyone else have any info on this???

Would probably be a honu if it's near Maui. :)

Was going to say that, but April still get plenty whales. ;)

Thanks for the replies guys!

So I guess in special circumstances they do send acceptances earlier than April. That's cool.

Anyone else have any info on this???

If I remember correctly (from interviewing in 2005), Dean Izutsu said that if your average rank by the committee was >/= 8, they notified you immediately. He explains it at the interview.

Maui kids- I'll see you on Front Street Oct 31.

I've never been to Halloween on Front Street. My parents never let me go, and now I'm in med school not in HI.

If I remember correctly (from interviewing in 2005), Dean Izutsu said that if your average rank by the committee was >/= 8, they notified you immediately. He explains it at the interview.

Oh really? I don't remember him mentioning that. Is that for in-state people only? I am an OOS applicant.

Oh really? I don't remember him mentioning that. Is that for in-state people only? I am an OOS applicant.

It may be. I'm still a HI resident, even though I'm in school in WI. The dean interview really turned me off. Amongst other things, I had to explain why my high school didn't have more people applying to med school, and why didn't my high school prepare people better for med school?