2021-2022 Hawaii (Burns)

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

wysdoc

Plain-spoken Texan
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Please feel free to tag a pre-medical moderator when the secondary prompt is posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview feedback:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Would you please post the secondary?
A) How will your background and experiences contribute to the diversity at the John A. Burns School of Medicine? (600 word limit)
B) Describe a personal experience that has demonstrated your resilience. (600 word limit)
C) Describe any personal connection to JABSOM and/or Hawaii and the Pacific that you may have. (600 word limit)
D) If you are a re-applicant to JABSOM, please complete the following additional essay. Describe what efforts you have made to further improve your application to the MD Program. (600 word limit) Optional

There is also a section to enter prerequisite coursework and to list letter of recommendation info.

@wysdoc
 
Last edited:
All good! OOS, no ties to the state but was actually interested and I did think that I wrote a good why Hawaii essay lol
Haha yeah you probably did! Hawaii is just incredibly hard to get in OOS. They really want people who are looking to stay in Hawaii. It’s not a reflection on your app! I wish you the best of luck with the rest of your app cycle!!

P.S. just curious, when were you complete? (even tho it probably doesn’t matter lol)
 
Haha yeah you probably did! Hawaii is just incredibly hard to get in OOS. They really want people who are looking to stay in Hawaii. It’s not a reflection on your app! I wish you the best of luck with the rest of your app cycle!!

P.S. just curious, when were you complete? (even tho it probably doesn’t matter lol)

Thanks friend 🙂 and june 30
 
Does anybody know how close they tend to be to the 2-4 week window to receive the status of your application? Yesterday was the 4 week mark for me and I haven't heard anything.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is their response actually sent after 2 weeks, or are you guys getting your II/R closer to the 4 weeks mark?
 
Another OOS bites the dust! Only weak ties to the state. Was hoping I might pass the screen since they held on to my app for so long. Good luck everyone!
 
Another OOS bites the dust! Only weak ties to the state. Was hoping I might pass the screen since they held on to my app for so long. Good luck everyone!
im sorry im sure u will get accepted to a better school ! how long after ur secondary did u get the R email?
 
Anyone hear from JABSOM recently? The email I received from them stated that we would hear something in 2-4 weeks. It's getting to be around 6 weeks now. Is this normal for them?
 
Anyone hear from JABSOM recently? The email I received from them stated that we would hear something in 2-4 weeks. It's getting to be around 6 weeks now. Is this normal for them?
I'm ten weeks out from that "2-4" emails with no word 🙁
 
Long-time lurker / first-time poster here! JABSOM doesn't get much love on SDN so it seems worth coming out of the shadows for.

I just received an II earlier this evening!!!!!
IS, LM 70, complete 7/13! This is my first II of the season so I am very hyped 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
for anybody who has submitted the secondary recently and got rejected: How long did it take y'all to get the R?

I'm literally out here manifesting mine rn
 
Received II ! OOS, strong ties to the Pacific 😍 For those who scheduled your interviews, are your two interview dates close to each other?
You schedule it with the physicians themselves, so it is dependent on them and you. They don't schedule it for you. My two interview dates were 5 days apart though.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad