This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

waffletoast193

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I applied to a bunch of schools last summer, but I withdrew my application to all the schools after getting my MCAT score. I had applied toward the end of the cycle anyway and wanted to retake the MCAT. I did not submit any secondaries prior to withdrawing. I emailed all the schools about withdrawing and asked if I would be a reapplicant in the coming cycle. About half the schools said I was considered a reapplicant and the other half said I was not. Since I never really completed any of my applications, do I have to rewrite my personal statement? How different do I really need to make my AMCAS application from last year? My Health professions office told me I should change everything since my life should be different a year later. She even said I should not include some honors/ activities, like some academic scholarships I received my senior year, from college since I am a year out of college. I thought this was weird and didn't make sense because of its still a recent accomplishment. The only new activity I have is scribing so why can't I just add that to my current list? I am really confused about what to do with my application. Theoretically, none of the schools even looked at it....

Please offer me some advice.

Members don't see this ad.