HELP!! Hotel/ Motel search for Interview at Temple!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dental2001

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello pre-dental friends,
I got an interview at Temple! Can someone who had already an interview at Temple tell me where you stayed for 1-2 days? I checked some Hotels and they are expensive 2days for nearly $280.00 . I really appreciate your help if someone can help me. I will scedule my interview at the end of January!
Thanks friends!
I also hope that you had some great christmas holidays!
Bye
Reza

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks PAN!
I appreciate your help!
What about your interview!? Have you been accepted? Can you tell me how the interview was? Waht the asked and how many professors are ther, the group and what you did? I know this are a lot of questions,but if you answer me some that would be great!
Did you also read my other announcment how I got my interview? I got it before they have seen my DAT score! I do not know how excited this should be. What is your opinion? Do you think that they are very interested in me?( My GPA (3.767) Science( 3.8)
Thanks
REZA

Sorry Your name is PAT!!
Thanks for your help!
Bye
REZA

Members don't see this ad :)
I stayed at the Best Western in City Center or Center City. The phone # is (215)-568-8300 and address is 501 N. 22nd st.
It cost me about $80 or so a night and ask for a discount if you book with them for interviewing students at Temple. It is about a 10-15 minute walk away from the subway that brings you half a block away from Temple or a $15 cab ride straight from the hotel. I interviewed there last year, so I don't know if the rates are the same still.

As for the interview/tour, be prepared to write a short essay in the morning. My topic was an ethics question about academic dishonesty. You'll get a tour of the school and get to meet faculty/students and check out the facilities. After lunch with students you'll get one faculty member do a group interview. Just make sure you have answers to the basic questions like why you chose dentistry... your strengths/weaknesses...etc. Relax and enjoy the day cuz it's not very stressful at all.

good luck

What dds2b said is all correct and still good for this year too (Best Western City Center is a good spot to stay for Temple). If you take the subway, walk north from the motel to Spring Garden then east on Spring Garden to 16th St. You go underground at that point to catch the subway. Be sure to tell the ticket agent that you want to get off at Temple Medical/Dental School (it is much farther north on 16th than Temple University itself-I think Allegehney Sta is the stop where you will want to get off).Also ask the agent which track to get on. Anyway, after you get off and walk back up above ground you will find yourself right next to the Dental School. Go west and then north around the corner of the building to the main entrance. The admissions office is up on the third floor. Good luck.

Originally posted by groundhog:
What dds2b said is all correct and still good for this year too (Best Western City Center is a good spot to stay for Temple). If you take the subway, walk north from the motel to Spring Garden then east on Spring Garden to 16th St. You go underground at that point to catch the subway. Be sure to tell the ticket agent that you want to get off at Temple Medical/Dental School (it is much farther north on 16th than Temple University itself-I think Allegehney Sta is the stop where you will want to get off).Also ask the agent which track to get on. Anyway, after you get off and walk back up above ground you will find yourself right next to the Dental School. Go west and then north around the corner of the building to the main entrance. The admissions office is up on the third floor. Good luck.

Thanks a lot for all your help groundhog! Have you been accepted!?

Originally posted by dds2b:
I stayed at the Best Western in City Center or Center City. The phone # is (215)-568-8300 and address is 501 N. 22nd st.
It cost me about $80 or so a night and ask for a discount if you book with them for interviewing students at Temple. It is about a 10-15 minute walk away from the subway that brings you half a block away from Temple or a $15 cab ride straight from the hotel. I interviewed there last year, so I don't know if the rates are the same still.

Hi dds2b! Thanks for yourhelp!Have you been accepted at Temple? An essay? Why? What elese do they ask? Thanks again!
As for the interview/tour, be prepared to write a short essay in the morning. My topic was an ethics question about academic dishonesty. You'll get a tour of the school and get to meet faculty/students and check out the facilities. After lunch with students you'll get one faculty member do a group interview. Just make sure you have answers to the basic questions like why you chose dentistry... your strengths/weaknesses...etc. Relax and enjoy the day cuz it's not very stressful at all.

good luck

Hi, I stayed at Center city Holiday Inn too..it was a pretty good deal--free continental breakfast in the morning! Also, it's very convenient transportation wise. Don't worry about the interview..it's not really an interview at all (in my own opinion) It's a group interview so try to say all you can about yourself that is not evident on your paper application when it's your turn. (There's really not much time and they don't really ask you specific questions about yourself) The essay is really to check that you can communicate...you shouldn't really worry about that..just be honest and coherent!
Good luck!