Help me customize my MCAT plan and Junior schedule!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mcsteamy13

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
To start off, I am a sophomore, so I will not be taking the MCAT until 2017, but I'd like some advice on how to schedule my classes over the next couple of years so that I'm fully prepared to take the MCAT. I had one semester that I switched majors and did not get a normal amount of science credits that a premed normally would. I would still like to be on target for taking the MCAT if at all possible.

Classes I will still need after this fall:

Organic 1
Organic 2
Physics 1
Physics 2
Bio 2
Biochem

I've compiled a schedule that I think will work without straining me too much. Of course I have a whole plethora of other classes to take including some gen-eds and introductory neuroscience courses. (Neuroscience major).

Sophomore Spring: Bio 2, Organic 1
Summer: Physics 1
Junior Fall: Physics 2, Organic 2
Junior Spring: Biochem

Does this look like it can be done? And when would you recommend taking the MCAT? After junior year in the summer and apply late, or during my junior year and apply on time?
Thanks in advance for any advice!

Members don't see this ad.

That looks like it can be done, but check that your school offers those classes in those semesters. Also, don't forget about labs (unless yours are included with your lecture course). Take the MCAT in May or June after junior year. You will still be able to apply on time with a May/June MCAT.