This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

woozchew123

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took the MCAT last august and scored a 506
Chem/Phys: 127
CARS: 125 :(
Biological: 126
Psych/Soc: 128

I graduated from University of Florida with a 3.83 Overall and 3.79 BCPM and I am a New York State Resident.
I have a lot of hospital volunteering, Peru medical mission trip, shadowed Oncologist, shadowed Chief Anesthesiologist (writing me a letter), research assistant in a genetics lab, certified EMR, EMR TA, EMT school and working as an EMT for my year off, was a member of a lot of extracurriculars, etc.

I am applying to over 25 MD schools (all over the U.S) and I really don't know if I have a shot or not with my current MCAT score. Please help :( I'd appreciate any feedback

Members don't see this ad.

High chance if you plan on applying to DO as backup. MD you are right there but you will need strong LOR's and well written essays. Probably won't get into a "top ranked" medical school, but you'll get in if all other things are in line. If you wanted to retake, make sure you can score in the high 5 teens (> 515). At that point you'll have your pick. The choice is yours.

Reactions: 1 user