This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

the.shorn.one

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
If you are applying to DO schools I highly recommend you get a DO LOR. Some schools to consider would be
Western
AZCOM
A.T. Still
Touro - NV
Touro - CA (low MCAT)
PCNWU
LECOM-FL
NOVA
BCOM
UIW

Members don't see this ad :)
You could try these OOS MD schools:
Quinnipiac
New York Medical College
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
GW
Georgetown
Oakland Beaumont
Medical College Wisconsin
Loyola
Rosalind Franklin
St. Louis
Creighton
Also apply to at least 10 DO schools.

If you are applying to DO schools I highly recommend you get a DO LOR. Some schools to consider would be
Western
AZCOM
A.T. Still
Touro - NV
Touro - CA (low MCAT)
PCNWU
LECOM-FL
NOVA
BCOM
UIW
Thanks. What are some MD schools I could have a chance at?

Here is my list of 16 schools. Any I should add or remove from this list ?

UC Davis
UC Riverside
UC Irvine
North state University
U of Arizona
Cooper
Central Michigan
Quinnipiac
Michigan State
Wright State
Loyola
Louisville
Oakland
Rosalind Franklin
Medical College Wisconsin
U of Arkansas

Thanks. What are some MD schools I could have a chance at?

The best option would be to use the MSAR and the SDN chance calculator to get a more quantitative idea of where you stand. Some of the other MD schools suggested here also look good. Stick to low tier MD schools and some in state friendly ones as well. Good luck!

Arkansas, Louisville, Wright State, Michigan State, Central Michigan and Cooper are state public schools that strongly prefer their own residents and accept very few non applicants with your stats.

Arkansas, Louisville, Wright State, Michigan State, Central Michigan and Cooper are state public schools that strongly prefer their own residents and accept very few non applicants with your stats.
Ok thanks. What are some schools I could substitute with the ones above ?

Have you considered going to Puerto Rico? You are very competitive for those programs and will be bilingual in medical practice! There are three programs there and they do not require secondaries.

Have you considered going to Puerto Rico? You are very competitive for those programs and will be bilingual in medical practice! There are three programs there and they do not require secondaries.
Yes I have considered going out of the country, but I've heard that it will be more difficult to find a residency back in the mainland. What do you think?

Idk, look at their match lists or check the forums for current students. PR is LCME accredited and part of the U.S. though.

Reactions: 1 user
PR is part of the home team so no worries there. Just stay away from the carribs.

Reactions: 1 user