You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Hey guys... avatar change!
Started by twelvetigers
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Oh Atlantic Ocean, I'm going to miss you so <3
*pokes eventualeventer*
😳 Oh, whoops. The white cat is Cicely, the cat who adopted me a couple years ago. Eek! It's been 2.5 years now! She's 13-ish (long story re: previous crazy landlady). She has a bed which used to be a fuzzy window perch but the perch part fell off, so it now rests on the small book case next to my desk for maximum petting and mooching opportunities. Flealoaf refuses to sit on the bed even when Cicely isn't there, preferring to be on the desk itself.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Figured it was time for a change, so as of the other day it is a (very much sized-down) snippet of a digital painting/drawing/thing I'm working on.
Too lazy to find a new gif still, so I'm reverting back to this one. It's just Chloe.
Tonka, my beloved rotti dog, two months before the osteosarc took him. That was his favorite position on nights we had a fire. Always cracked me up.
Changed mine and it is from Pi day. There are 7 pies in the photo that aren't mine. I made 31.4 pies for this event. Yes, I am crazy and have issues. 🙂
YAh but you're also my new hero. That's a ridiculous number of pies. All the same flavor?
Haha nope! Here's the breakdown if I remember correctly. Any of the pies that say "Cream" on them, they are from a scratch vanilla pudding recipe.
2 Peanut butter/choco pies (like a Reese's)
3 Triple Chocolate S'more Pies
2 Pumpkin Pies
2 Banana Cream Pies
1 Coconut Cream Pie
1 Coconut Cream Pie (with chopped dark chocolate covered almonds mixed in to mimic a mounds/almond joy)
6 Mississippi Mud Pies (favorite of last year and this year)
1 Apple-Cranberry Pie
2 Apple Pies
2 Dutch Apple Pies
2 Dutch Apple-Cranberry Pies
1 Raspberry Cream Pie
1 Coffee Cream Pie
1 Butterscotch Pecan Pie
1 Chocolate Chip Pecan Pie (like a cookie but more "pie-y", couldn't find it in the masses but I bet it tasted good)
1 Raisin Pie (it was good, if you like raisins)
2 Breakfast Pies (Hashbrowns for top & bottom crusts, Scrambled Eggs, Bacon and Cheese inside, and one of the 2 had spam in addition to the bacon)
The 0.4 came from 2 Puff Pastry Turnovers that had a small mix of the same breakfast pie ingredients inside sans hashbrowns. They made up the equivalent to 0.4 of a 9" pie.
I got lazy for this years and didn't make any of the crusts for the pies like I had done last year. Everything was from scratch besides that. But last year I only made 10 pies. Tee-hee. 3.14 times as many this year as last. Man, I'm a nerd. I had to go big on this one since there were so many more people coming and I knew I was going to U of E so it was my last Pi day.
2 Peanut butter/choco pies (like a Reese's)
3 Triple Chocolate S'more Pies
2 Pumpkin Pies
2 Banana Cream Pies
1 Coconut Cream Pie
1 Coconut Cream Pie (with chopped dark chocolate covered almonds mixed in to mimic a mounds/almond joy)
6 Mississippi Mud Pies (favorite of last year and this year)
1 Apple-Cranberry Pie
2 Apple Pies
2 Dutch Apple Pies
2 Dutch Apple-Cranberry Pies
1 Raspberry Cream Pie
1 Coffee Cream Pie
1 Butterscotch Pecan Pie
1 Chocolate Chip Pecan Pie (like a cookie but more "pie-y", couldn't find it in the masses but I bet it tasted good)
1 Raisin Pie (it was good, if you like raisins)
2 Breakfast Pies (Hashbrowns for top & bottom crusts, Scrambled Eggs, Bacon and Cheese inside, and one of the 2 had spam in addition to the bacon)
The 0.4 came from 2 Puff Pastry Turnovers that had a small mix of the same breakfast pie ingredients inside sans hashbrowns. They made up the equivalent to 0.4 of a 9" pie.
I got lazy for this years and didn't make any of the crusts for the pies like I had done last year. Everything was from scratch besides that. But last year I only made 10 pies. Tee-hee. 3.14 times as many this year as last. Man, I'm a nerd. I had to go big on this one since there were so many more people coming and I knew I was going to U of E so it was my last Pi day.
You have my attention.6 Mississippi Mud Pies
Shame I'm not going to Edinburgh with you. Actually, it's probably better, lest you be hounded.
Triumph!
The X-Files!
Scully: "Mulder, it is such a gorgeous day outside. Have you ever entertained the idea of trying to find life on this planet?"
Mulder: "I have seen the life on this planet, Scully, and that is exactly why I am looking elsewhere. Did you bring enough ice cream to share with the rest of the class?"
Scully: "It's not ice cream. It's a non-fat tofutti rice dreamsicle."
Mulder: "Ugh. Bet the air in my mouth tastes better than that.
Scully: "I don't care. Mulder, this is a needle in a haystack. These poor souls have been dead for 50 years. Let them rest in peace. Let sleeping dogs lie."
Mulder: "No, I won't sit idly by as you hurl cliches at me. Preparation is the father of inspiration."
Scully: "Necessity is the mother of invention."
Mulder: "The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom."
Scully: "Eat, drink and be merry, for tomorrow we may die."
Mulder: "I scream, you scream, we all scream for non-fat tofutti rice dreamsicles."
Scully: "No! Mulder!"
Bahahaha I love it. And it's all animated and such. I took a while sizing it down (always a pain)... you like?
Credit for the original clip (since I have *no* idea how to do that) goes to this chick.
The X-Files!
Scully: "Mulder, it is such a gorgeous day outside. Have you ever entertained the idea of trying to find life on this planet?"
Mulder: "I have seen the life on this planet, Scully, and that is exactly why I am looking elsewhere. Did you bring enough ice cream to share with the rest of the class?"
Scully: "It's not ice cream. It's a non-fat tofutti rice dreamsicle."
Mulder: "Ugh. Bet the air in my mouth tastes better than that.
Scully: "I don't care. Mulder, this is a needle in a haystack. These poor souls have been dead for 50 years. Let them rest in peace. Let sleeping dogs lie."
Mulder: "No, I won't sit idly by as you hurl cliches at me. Preparation is the father of inspiration."
Scully: "Necessity is the mother of invention."
Mulder: "The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom."
Scully: "Eat, drink and be merry, for tomorrow we may die."
Mulder: "I scream, you scream, we all scream for non-fat tofutti rice dreamsicles."
Scully: "No! Mulder!"
Bahahaha I love it. And it's all animated and such. I took a while sizing it down (always a pain)... you like?
Credit for the original clip (since I have *no* idea how to do that) goes to this chick.
Awesome! I love it, twelvetigers.
One of my friends got on an X-Files kick a few summers ago and wouldn't stop talking about David Duchovny. She even showed me this:
http://www.videosurf.com/video/david-duchovny-why-won't-you-love-me-revised-12468794
And then I made fun of her for the rest of the summer... "David Duchooooovny why won't you looooove me?"
One of my friends got on an X-Files kick a few summers ago and wouldn't stop talking about David Duchovny. She even showed me this:
http://www.videosurf.com/video/david-duchovny-why-won't-you-love-me-revised-12468794
And then I made fun of her for the rest of the summer... "David Duchooooovny why won't you looooove me?"
You have my attention.
Shame I'm not going to Edinburgh with you. Actually, it's probably better, lest you be hounded.
Yup! Sorry! No pie for you! I wouldn't have minded though. However, getting used to measuring things in the metric system may take a bit to get used to anyways. I'm not sure how my baking will come out once I'm across the pond.
Triumph!
The X-Files!
Mulder: "I scream, you scream, we all scream for non-fat tofutti rice dreamsicles."
Scully: "No! Mulder!" .
That's hilarious!! I love it. I must say I still do miss Dexter though.
That's hilarious!! I love it. I must say I still do miss Dexter though.
i love dexter, but i miss what was before dexter....even though i cant remember it!!!!!! lol what did TT have before dexter?
edit: KITTEN MITTENS!!!!!!!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No love for Dr. Horrible or the cute facepalm kitty stretch? What about Flight of the Concords?
No love for Dr. Horrible or the cute facepalm kitty stretch? What about Flight of the Concords?
I loved the Flight of the Concords one. 😀
I was mesmerized by the doxie on the record player. Around and around and around and around . . .
No love for Dr. Horrible or the cute facepalm kitty stretch? What about Flight of the Concords?
Okay, either I was a lurker then and just oblivious to the name of the person posting, or my senoritis (read--I'm losing my mind
) is kicking in big time. I don't remember any of these! could you post links to the videos???Wait, I think I remembered one! Some guy in a green shirt was dancing, right?
Nawh, he was just doing a weird finger thing.
Lol, I'll post a summary of what I've had when I get home from work. Fair?
Lol, I'll post a summary of what I've had when I get home from work. Fair?
Okay guys, avatar summary:
Each one is special to me in its own right, so I couldn't really pick a favorite. Although Jemaine makes me smile every time.
Did I forget any? (Hah, I'm asking you guys - I don't think I am!)
Each one is special to me in its own right, so I couldn't really pick a favorite. Although Jemaine makes me smile every time.
Did I forget any? (Hah, I'm asking you guys - I don't think I am!)
LOVE the new avatar, twelvetigers!!! I think buying the X-Files box set was one of the greatest days of my young life. 😉
Haha I love it. After having the same avatar FOREVER I decided to change it to my new fur baby Zoe!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don't think so. But that doesn't mean I didn't just forget.
I don't think so. But that doesn't mean I didn't just forget.
Saw your name on the thread and was excited to see what your new avatar would be. How disappointing. Not sure I can sleep tonight after that letdown. 🙁
Awwww.
The internet is terrible up here, but I wanted to see what's been going on. Thought I might change my avatar to match my surroundings.
Twelvetigers- your Mulder and Scully avatar is my favorite one on SDN. Don't ever change it! I loved that show!
Oh oh. No promises. But I might have to start a rotation of old avatars someday. 🙂
Ahhhh I LOVE your new avatar Cowgirla!!!!!!! I want a shirt like that, or at least a bumper sticker 😀
Posting here, per the agreement.
And I'm limited to 10 images per post, so here's a continuum of my record of avatars. Lol.
And I'm limited to 10 images per post, so here's a continuum of my record of avatars. Lol.
Last edited:
TT, I think that I spent a good 10 minutes in another thread watching the fuzzbutts on the treadmill. BTW, I've been gone for a while - how was your trip to SoCal? Did it happen yet?
Not mine, nope. I only have one. And I certainly don't own a treadmill. 
Eventual, that happened at the beginning of May. Lol. Aren't we friends on facebook?
Eventual, that happened at the beginning of May. Lol. Aren't we friends on facebook?
May, WTF? I'm a spaz. I can remember anything I want to. 😉 Mea culpa.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I changed mine this week from the yellow lab in pants to the mission impossible mouse. 😛
Not mine, nope. I only have one. And I certainly don't own a treadmill.
Eventual, that happened at the beginning of May. Lol. Aren't we friends on facebook?
Sad but true story, 1st time I saw a posting by TT it was the Dexter avatar. In my ignorance, at first I thought that Dexter was just a picture.clip of TT.
I really thought "he" must be strange. We live and learn.
Yup, that me. I kill people, but only the bad ones.
Very rarely do people use pictures of themselves as avatars here... and when they do, it's weird.
Very rarely do people use pictures of themselves as avatars here... and when they do, it's weird.
Yup, that me. I kill people, but only the bad ones.
Very rarely do people use pictures of themselves as avatars here... and when they do, it's weird.
Yes, that is quite obvious now.
It seemed kind of strange to me at the time as well.
Maybe you should change your avatar to your new dog skeleton!
My sister sent me a pic of our puppy the other day. I couldn't resist.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 7
- Views
- 1K