HG/HP WW sign ups

Started by kaydubs
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Harry Potter vs. Hunger Games vs. Don't know/care

  • The Boy Who Lived

    Votes: 23 67.6%
  • The Odds are Never in Our Favor

    Votes: 7 20.6%
  • Don't know/care

    Votes: 4 11.8%

  • Total voters
    34
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I really don't like lynching people who don't have a chance to defend themselves. Especially in lieu of the info that we had more than one blocker, I'd honestly be OK with waiting on closing until she shows up?

I don't either, but it's 7 hours to closing right? So as long as there's no plurality rules I'll leave my vote here until she shows up.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ohhhh okay I see. Yes, I might have been blocked by FFM last night, but it didn't matter because my ability is passive. I did get a notification from the mods about it but I don't think anyone attempted to kill me so his block didn't really affect anything. I'm a Chameleon Ghoul and I can evade death twice.
 
Gah, is anyone paying attention? Or can we extend close past 3pm for people to actually see what I'm saying??? I'm grumpy because I start clinics in two weeks and this is prob my last game of WW for a while lol, so I don't want to die early for a stupid reason.

Literally - if blocking is the only reason you guys are choosing me, it doesn't make sense... There have been two kills most nights. Why is tonight the first where there are none? I didn't get a notification I was attacked (though probably a good thing since FFM blocking me may have prevented me from surviving anyways), so my guess is something else happened. Maybe a conversion, unless there are more blockers or players with wolf kill avoidances (but I feel like there have been so many already).
 
Gah, is anyone paying attention? Or can we extend close past 3pm for people to actually see what I'm saying??? I'm grumpy because I start clinics in two weeks and this is prob my last game of WW for a while lol, so I don't want to die early for a stupid reason.

Literally - if blocking is the only reason you guys are choosing me, it doesn't make sense... There have been two kills most nights. Why is tonight the first where there are none? I didn't get a notification I was attacked (though probably a good thing since FFM blocking me may have prevented me from surviving anyways), so my guess is something else happened. Maybe a conversion, unless there are more blockers or players with wolf kill avoidances (but I feel like there have been so many already).
"early" - it's already day 7. And I will extend to 5 pm Eastern.
 
Meh. I think based on my facts sheet, I am comfy with this lynch. Terrible of course if you are telling the truth, but I have de feels, so must stick to them.

Any reason for feels other than my game play? I know I haven't been too talkative, but it's mainly because I haven't had any info come my way and I haven't spoken to many people in my group (which those of you who have played with me before might know, I normally PM more as a wolf - I tend to coast a little more in games like this where I'm a villager without an active role/source of info).
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Any reason for feels other than my game play? I know I haven't been too talkative, but it's mainly because I haven't had any info come my way and I haven't spoken to many people in my group (which those of you who have played with me before might know, I normally PM more as a wolf - I tend to coast a little more in games like this where I'm a villager without an active role/source of info).
It is a combination of process of elimination and an intangible tingle I got when it was announced you had been blocked. I know that is hard to defend against, but people have been hung for less. haha
 
Ehh okay fair Lupin. I guess if I didn't have any other info I'd prob just follow this too.

Ehh, unverifiable ability and a role that is on the wiki, but a subsect of the main ghouls... I think I'm OK with where we are.

It's crappy luck that I have a passive ability, but we still have multiple seers/trackers floating around like WZ and Kam, I'd more than welcome being looked into tonight - btw @WildZoo do you have to wait another six nights to share results again or can you start sharing stuff as you get it now?
 
It's crappy luck that I have a passive ability, but we still have multiple seers/trackers floating around like WZ and Kam, I'd more than welcome being looked into tonight - btw @WildZoo do you have to wait another six nights to share results again or can you start sharing stuff as you get it now?
Another 6 nights. If I find anything interesting I can act on it as I did with aloha but I can't reference the results in any way so I have to do it with logic I guess.
 
I still think Cyndia is our best bet for right now.

With two missing kills there has to have been something else odd that happened last night. Besides lynching a villager, the suckiest thing about a bandwagon lynch based off a piece of info early in the day is that people don't bring up any other potentially useful info. Unless there was a conversion that kept the wolves from killing, I find it hard to believe no one else saw or did anything that could actually point us towards a wolf?
 
With two missing kills there has to have been something else odd that happened last night. Besides lynching a villager, the suckiest thing about a bandwagon lynch based off a piece of info early in the day is that people don't bring up any other potentially useful info. Unless there was a conversion that kept the wolves from killing, I find it hard to believe no one else saw or did anything that could actually point us towards a wolf?

I think that you're a wolf and I think the fact that you were blocked and there were no kills is "potentially useful info" for us to lynch you based off of.
 
Last edited:
I think that you're a wolf and I think the fact that you were blocked and there were no kills is "potentially useful info" for us to lynch you based off of.

Sorry, I'm automatically discounting it because I know it's incorrect, so I guess you're right that it is "potentially useful info". Though the reality is it's just unlucky timing and I'm not a wolf. But anyways, as I mentioned, there have been two kills the other nights - so even if I had been a wolf that was making a kill, that still wouldn't account for the other missing kill?
 
Anyways.. I have to go transfer around some fosters so I'm going to be gone for an hour or so, I'll check in again before close. I'd appreciate if you didn't close earlier than 5 so people can see what I've said and decide if they wanna change, but if not, oh well. Guess it's better to lose someone with a passive ability than an actively useful one, just wish it wasn't me lol.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sorry, I'm automatically discounting it because I know it's incorrect, so I guess you're right that it is "potentially useful info". Though the reality is it's just unlucky timing and I'm not a wolf. But anyways, as I mentioned, there have been two kills the other nights - so even if I had been a wolf that was making a kill, that still wouldn't account for the other missing kill?
Well, we have two blocks, maybe we got super lucky. We don't really know the mechanics of the second kill either. I'm pretty sure there was one night where only one kill happened. So we can't assume anything.
 
Eetshremes thaughthee drogoons artheer oughn faghoon colghor haghsthees bheendisghoosed ahthal?

Aighdeeneshily thoght meenstreghy oofmasheek glasheefeecashoons maught dethroomen thaichoolor bhoot drogoons, dhementhoors, ahndwhoorwhoolfs arghhal glash XXXXX shodat eesnthit.
Screen Shot 2016-04-27 at 3.29.43 PM.png
 
Eetshremes thaughthee drogoons artheer oughn faghoon colghor haghsthees bheendisghoosed ahthal?

Aighdeeneshily thoght meenstreghy oofmasheek glasheefeecashoons maught dethroomen thaichoolor bhoot drogoons, dhementhoors, ahndwhoorwhoolfs arghhal glash XXXXX shodat eesnthit.
View attachment 202968

I only can tell what the first sentence says - It seems that the dragons are the other faction color, has this been discussed at all?

For the record, my mod message told me I was blocked by a dragon, so if they are a separate faction that means FFM is one of them?
 
Eetshremes thaughthee drogoons artheer oughn faghoon colghor haghsthees bheendisghoosed ahthal?

Aighdeeneshily thoght meenstreghy oofmasheek glasheefeecashoons maught dethroomen thaichoolor bhoot drogoons, dhementhoors, ahndwhoorwhoolfs arghhal glash XXXXX shodat eesnthit.
View attachment 202968
"It seems that the dragons are their own faction color, has this been discussed at all?"

Didn't translate the rest, but Kaydubs replied to an earlier comment I made about the colors indicating factions, she said it was just meant to indicate character type. I can find that again if you want.
 
Eetshremes thaughthee drogoons artheer oughn faghoon colghor haghsthees bheendisghoosed ahthal?

Aighdeeneshily thoght meenstreghy oofmasheek glasheefeecashoons maught dethroomen thaichoolor bhoot drogoons, dhementhoors, ahndwhoorwhoolfs arghhal glash XXXXX shodat eesnthit.
View attachment 202968
Gist of the second part is MJ thought the colors might be related to the ratings the beasts were given, but dragons, dementors, and werewolves are all XXXXX so that isn't it.
 
@Mad Jack, I've been discussing dragons as a faction for a while. That's why I got so excited about "dark creatures" being a second potential faction two days ago.
 
I really feel like this is just a feint at throwing up a defense, because she's a wolf and has been caught. As recently as yesterday, the same Lynch train got rolling on WZ, and she later posted her role and description which stopped it. Cyndia made a role claim but nothing more to back it up or her "passive" ability. Trying to make dragons appear sketchy (when 2, I think, have already been killed and seen as villagers) seems like more straw grasping.
 
I really feel like this is just a feint at throwing up a defense, because she's a wolf and has been caught. As recently as yesterday, the same Lynch train got rolling on WZ, and she later posted her role and description which stopped it. Cyndia made a role claim but nothing more to back it up or her "passive" ability. Trying to make dragons appear sketchy (when 2, I think, have already been killed and seen as villagers) seems like more straw grasping.
Why do you say they've been seen as villagers? I realize they weren't called out as wolves, but I think there's got to be a reason they're orange instead of green.
 
Why do you say they've been seen as villagers? I realize they weren't called out as wolves, but I think there's got to be a reason they're orange instead of green.
Which the mods have repeatedly said is an indication of character type, not of faction.
 
The players rejoiced with a large feast to celebrate a night of no kills. "Why did that happen?" @kcoughli inquired. "Who cares, I finally mastered the self-filling wine glass, drink up!" @Mad Jack hiccuped before collapsing into his bread pudding.

One player was not pleased. Sitting with her arms folded, practicing the Incendio spell under the table, @Cyndia continued to grumble incoherently. Dumbblydore/@LetItSnow glanced her way with a large chocolate cake poised near his mouth. "I don't like your tone. 50 points from Slytherin."

Cyn narrowed her gaze at the old man. "Silence. Avada -"
200143_1362893741333_full.png


Before she could finish the curse, MJ threw his wineglass at her. Dead is @Cyndia - the Chameleon Ghoul, capable of disguising herself as an everyday object to evade detection - a WOLF.


23 players remain.
Gryffindor

1. @hedgiehog
2. @LetItSnow
3. @Lupin21
4. @DVMDream
5. @Flim Flam Man
6. @heyyimhayley
7. Devastating- Peruvian Vipertooth
8. @Kam325
9. @kcoughli
27. thedrjojo - Boggart
21. @BeautifulBritishColumbia
25. @StartingoverVet
20. @Filly Bay

Ravenclaw
10. PrincessButterCup - Sphinx
11. alohacat319 - Dementor
12. SummerTheLynx - Niffler
13. @Mad Jack
14. @WildZoo
15. orca2011 - Werewolf
16. katashark - Thestral

17. Gwenevre - Giant Squid
18. finnickthedog - Imp
35. @98cats


Slytherin
19. BrownSwissCows - Hungarian Horntail
22. @Jamr0ckin
23. @guisantes
24. @hazelmoo
26. lhmhtd- Moke

Hufflepuff
28. Cyndia - Chameleon Ghoul
29. Jilary - Flesh-Eating Slug/Flobberworm
30. @morninqlory
31. @Teepster87
32. @genny
33. @Zensing
34. @WhtsThFrequency
36. @Trilt


deadline is 9 pm (if we can swing it)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The players rejoiced with a large feast to celebrate a night of no kills. "Why did that happen?" @kcoughli inquired. "Who cares, I finally mastered the self-filling wine glass, drink up!" @Mad Jack hiccuped before collapsing into his bread pudding.

One player was not pleased. Sitting with her arms folded, practicing the Incendio spell under the table, @Cyndia continued to grumble incoherently. Dumbblydore/@LetItSnow glanced her way with a large chocolate cake poised near his mouth. "I don't like your tone. 50 points from Slytherin."

Cyn narrowed her gaze at the old man. "Silence. Avada -"
200143_1362893741333_full.png


Before she could finish the curse, MJ threw his wineglass at her. Dead is @Cyndia - the Chameleon Ghoul, capable of disguising herself as an everyday object to evade detection - a WOLF.


23 players remain.
Gryffindor

1. @hedgiehog
2. @LetItSnow
3. @Lupin21
4. @DVMDream
5. @Flim Flam Man
6. @heyyimhayley
7. Devastating- Peruvian Vipertooth
8. @Kam325
9. @kcoughli
27. thedrjojo - Boggart
21. @BeautifulBritishColumbia
25. @StartingoverVet
20. @Filly Bay

Ravenclaw
10. PrincessButterCup - Sphinx
11. alohacat319 - Dementor
12. SummerTheLynx - Niffler
13. @Mad Jack
14. @WildZoo
15. orca2011 - Werewolf
16. katashark - Thestral

17. Gwenevre - Giant Squid
18. finnickthedog - Imp
35. @98cats


Slytherin
19. BrownSwissCows - Hungarian Horntail
22. @Jamr0ckin
23. @guisantes
24. @hazelmoo
26. lhmhtd- Moke

Hufflepuff
28. Cyndia - Chameleon Ghoul
29. Jilary - Flesh-Eating Slug/Flobberworm
30. @morninqlory
31. @Teepster87
32. @genny
33. @Zensing
34. @WhtsThFrequency
36. @Trilt


deadline is 9 pm (if we can swing it)
U9OtiRX.gif