This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

The 35 number is based on LIS's theory of there being one original wolf per group BTW

Not. My. Theory.

How many times do I have to say that? I'm just passing on info that was passed on to me. I don't know if it's true - which I was crystal clear about.

And, it's "at least" 1 original wolf per group. Not "one original wolf per group".

This isn't a "theory" like ....... I don't remember who it was that used to roll that idea out every game or so that there 'should be' one wolf/group. This is (unverified!) information that someone claims was given to them per their role from the mods.
 
Not. My. Theory.

How many times do I have to say that? I'm just passing on info that was passed on to me. I don't know if it's true - which I was crystal clear about.

And, it's "at least" 1 original wolf per group. Not "one original wolf per group".

This isn't a "theory" like ....... I don't remember who it was that used to roll that idea out every game or so that there 'should be' one wolf/group. This is (unverified!) information that someone claims was given to them per their role from the mods.
that was TRH.

This is a theory like gravity is a theory, correct?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
LIS initially told me he is unsure of dyachei from the start, but now has changed his mind on that too.

Initially Dyachei didn't share a role name with me, and she seemed standoffish. Since then, we've talked more. That's why.

I feel like your reaction to all this is wayyyyy over the top defensive. Information was given to me. I shared it for villagers to consider. I was super clear that none of it was 'verified'. Initially my thinking was that if the information was true, MJ was the most likely wolf in the group. After chatting with him, I'm not so convinced and now I really don't know who it could be.

Nothing more, nothing less. But you act as if I launched some sort of all-out attack on you, which isn't even remotely true. Of the three role claims given to me, yours is just the .... most obscure? Least prominent? Whatever. Nothing more than that. They're all believable role claims, including yours.

I don't think he can make up his mind.

You're not accounting for ongoing information change. You're acting as if I was given everything I've been told all at once, and that's not the case.

It is LIS, doesn't always make sense.

Way to keep it classy.

Sorry for trying to just play the game and get information out there.
 
Interesting info about the alethiometer ... so all the info from it could be useless unless it's in the right hands? Ugh.

The 'wolf per group' info supposedly did not come from the alethiometer. It's claimed to be part of someone's role to be able to ask the mods questions.
 
Why are people voting for epivetlove?
Clearly I missed the reasoning when I was going over all the posts from today so can anyone fill me in?

I haven't decided where to throw my vote yet.

Last night she acknowledged that TP had role revealed, but didn't waffle and kept it tied was the original reasoning.

Today she revealed as Bernie Johanses, but he is a very minor character and her claim for what her description said is literally the same as the wikipedia page. I believe that's the only reasoning I know of? I could be wrong if anyone had other reasons.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Last night she acknowledged that TP had role revealed, but didn't waffle and kept it tied was the original reasoning.

Today she revealed as Bernie Johanses, but he is a very minor character and her claim for what her description said is literally the same as the wikipedia page. I believe that's the only reasoning I know of? I could be wrong if anyone had other reasons.

Ya know, I actually remember reading that reasoning but for some reason couldn't remember what player that was about.
 
Not. My. Theory.

How many times do I have to say that? I'm just passing on info that was passed on to me. I don't know if it's true - which I was crystal clear about.

And, it's "at least" 1 original wolf per group. Not "one original wolf per group".

This isn't a "theory" like ....... I don't remember who it was that used to roll that idea out every game or so that there 'should be' one wolf/group. This is (unverified!) information that someone claims was given to them per their role from the mods.
If you know the role name of the person who passed on this info, does the character seem like someone who would have reliable info? Or could they be someone that could possibly have faulty info? I know that may be hard to tell just using google and wikis.
 
Reading over some of the discussions today about characters and daemons, Pan has been mentioned in at least one write up, which leads me to believe some daemons may be included as characters. The daemons may be linked to their human, but maybe not, especially in the case of Pan & Kirjava (I think!) who were separated from their humans Kyra & Will. Which makes me wonder if those characters aren't linked, maybe they need to find each other? I don't know the series at all, so I could be way off. I just looked at a few wiki pages to try to get an idea of the story line and how daemons may be involved.
 
I'm not convinced to vote for Epi. I understand the justification re: not vote switching after TP... but I personally also didn't switch after both revealed, so don't think it's fair to hold that against her. I didn't change because both of the covers seemed equally likely, but TP sounded more convincing and I had no better leads to work off of. :shrug:

I'm inclined to vote for someone who isn't participating much. So for now, Lynch STL, who seems to just be popping in and voting for Jilary with no explanation. That's no fun.
 
Ooops, just realized I have yet to post here in the actual thread today.

Hm...I'm not totally sure of the epi bandwagon right now. I'm willing to believe the character alibi for now (might be worth someone looking into, but eh...)

I'll stick with my previous vote, as a holder if nothing else.
lynch STL
 
Well I am off to flyball here shortly so I guess I will have to vote.

Lynch Rogert

Because he(?) hasn't said anything yet today and weirdly both he and Allieh voted for the same 2 random people the previous 2 days (Finnick and FFM). *Shrug* I got nothing.
 
I think both Epi and STL are fishy characters, but I'm not convinced either way. Randomly voting for Jilary feels to me like some weird post restriction, not a wolfy behavior? I imagine a wolf would want to blend in, not do something so odd. And Epi... I want to believe her. I'm not sold on the TP vote switch reasoning. I'm finding her cover to be what seems off to me. But then again, when you're a vanilla villager I imagine it's hard to defend yourself in any other way than what she was doing.
 
Reading over some of the discussions today about characters and daemons, Pan has been mentioned in at least one write up, which leads me to believe some daemons may be included as characters. The daemons may be linked to their human, but maybe not, especially in the case of Pan & Kirjava (I think!) who were separated from their humans Kyra & Will. Which makes me wonder if those characters aren't linked, maybe they need to find each other? I don't know the series at all, so I could be way off. I just looked at a few wiki pages to try to get an idea of the story line and how daemons may be involved.
I am convinced I have a daemon because one of my write ups said I was protected by something small and fluffy. I don't know if it's that my character just has one and its part of my role or if someone's role is to be my daemon or not though. My description doesn't mention having a daemon or having to find one or anything though.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am convinced I have a daemon because one of my write ups said I was protected by something small and fluffy. I don't know if it's that my character just has one and its part of my role or if someone's role is to be my daemon or not though. My description doesn't mention having a daemon or having to find one or anything though.
I guess it's silly to ask, but does your character have a daemon in the books? Obviously I don't want you to reveal if you are Lyra or Will, but if you aren't, then I wouldn't think you would need to find your daemon since you were likely never separated. Clearly I don't know if that is a mechanism in this game, I'm just speculating!
 
I don't know if I've said this before, but I feel that it would be really weird and not really in line with the series for daemons to be separate characters from their human. They are literally the physical embodiment of a person's soul, die when they die, feel mostly the same thing, etc. To cast them as separate in the game would be strange.
 
I feel like Epi is playing the exact same way Epi always plays. Yes, some stuff that people have mentioned is suspicious, but I remember last game I was suspicious of her the entire game. I personally just don't feel like I have enough reason to lynch her, not that it really matters with so many people voting for her currently haha. I do find what LIS said to be somewhat true about DVMD, she seems a bit over the top. Then FlimFlamMan raises flags too because he is so quiet he could easily be a wolf just sliding under the radar without much notice. Finally kcough still gives me feels because of the various info I have read through the thread by the people in her group. (although read is a stretch with so many posts). I'm gonna stick with kcough I think unless someone comes with something really convincing. Epi just seems like normal Epi to me.
 
I guess it's silly to ask, but does your character have a daemon in the books? Obviously I don't want you to reveal if you are Lyra or Will, but if you aren't, then I wouldn't think you would need to find your daemon since you were likely never separated. Clearly I don't know if that is a mechanism in this game, I'm just speculating!
Yeah I have one in the books. I don't know much more than that, but if what Trilt said is right than my daemon is probably just part of my own character and protected me. I was also thinking of when someone said that the alethiometer said about daemons being protective of their humans.
 
I'm not as convinced on epi as I was earlier... I think there are going to be a number of more minor roles in the game... I am just not sure right now..

Don't have anyone else in mind to lynch instead but for now, unlynch epi while I think some.
 
Ugh... stories.

spn-cas-let-me-tell-you-my-story.gif
 
Official Day 3 Lynch Tally
Dyachei (1) - SOV
Epi (8) - alli, kam, dojo, MJ, TP, Lupin, FFM, finnick
MJ (2) - dyachei, Epi
STL (3) - DocE, Trilt, deva
Jilary (1) - STL
Kcoughli (1) - Aloha
Rogert (1) - kcough

17/27 votes
 
Your role description ends with "Vanilla Villager"?
Honest to goodness, it does.
Anyone else vanilla able to confirm if their descriptions have anything like that?
Mine says "vanilla villager" in the role description, but it doesn't use the exact language epivetlove used.

lynch epi for now because I want to resolve this inconsistency, and because I need to post a vote before logging off and visiting with my family for Thanksgiving. I probably won't be back on before lynch.

I don't want to post what my role says in case I am leaking the "villager code". If epi is a villager, I'll share what that part of my role says.
 
I would prefer to test out the information I was given (well, start testing it anyway, since it would require multiple lynches). But given that the consensus is to ignore it for now, I'm going to ...

lynch jilary

I think there's probably a reason for the repeat lynch vote that we've seen and I'm curious what it is.

 
I would prefer to test out the information I was given (well, start testing it anyway, since it would require multiple lynches). But given that the consensus is to ignore it for now, I'm going to ...

lynch jilary

I think there's probably a reason for the repeat lynch vote that we've seen and I'm curious what it is.

I'm willing to lynch someone to test your info. However, if I've been reading you correctly, you pretty much said that everyone in the group has a good cover, and haven't picked one over the other, really. So I have no idea where to go with my vote to test things.
 
The info from mods is stating that we might know just enough to be fooled.....

You guys have yet to experience it but there have been a few ww games were faulty information was given out by the mods on purpose to specific roles. Simply because those roles weren't meant to get accurate, truthful information.

Now think about the theme of this game... a theme in which there is ONE person (at least in the movie) who can read a "truth teller" (the alethiometer) and no one else can use it properly. What do you think is going to happen when others who aren't this person use it? Can you now tie that into the mod info of "we have just enough information to fool us? Because I sure can. Which is the exact point I brought up earlier today, that no one listened to.
Just wanted to clarify this about the alethiometer. Lyra could read it without help and by feel, but there were others. One of which is a likely bad guy, Fra Pavel (again from the church), and I forget what Lord Asriel's guy's name was, that were learned men who could read them, just not efficiently.
 
Ok, last post was during my lunch break. I just got home.
Another story DVMD: I jinxed myself: 1 post op and 1 no longer seizing dog and I thought I might go home early. My mistake? I said it out loud! 2 dogs attacked by other dogs and 2 parvo puppies later, I leave an hour late, 11 hours from when I got to work.

Just read through fast... give me a minute to think and I'll vote. Gotta feed the mini mites, farm creatures and just maybe myself while I read and vote.
 
I'm willing to lynch someone to test your info. However, if I've been reading you correctly, you pretty much said that everyone in the group has a good cover, and haven't picked one over the other, really. So I have no idea where to go with my vote to test things.

That is indeed the problem, I agree. It might be better to just hold on until mid-game when some groups are cut down in size a bit and assess if there's an 'original' group with only one or two people left in it that hasn't popped out a wolf yet. *shrug*

I dunno. Thing is, if the info is correct, it's important strategically and needs to be considered. But it's hard to test quickly. If it's not correct, of course, then it's just a pain in the ass red herring.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Mine says "vanilla villager" in the role description, but it doesn't use the exact language epivetlove used.

lynch epi for now because I want to resolve this inconsistency, and because I need to post a vote before logging off and visiting with my family for Thanksgiving. I probably won't be back on before lynch.

I don't want to post what my role says in case I am leaking the "villager code". If epi is a villager, I'll share what that part of my role says.
Epi wouldn't have known that vanilla villagers have that at the end though.
 
Can we please not test the unverified piece of information today?

We can come back to it again tomorrow, but I would like to discuss some things via PM with LIS before we start diving into this "information".

Also, if this information about at least one wolf per group is believeable, can we start discussing other groups too? I think there might even be a few with less players than my group and thus easier to locate a wolf. Though I could be wrong about this.



Please don't don't tell me a story.