His Dark Materials WW

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
DocE should have gone that one day when DVMD literally saved him. Villagers could have easily gotten the remaining wolves without his assistance.

Rojo, I'm not sure how I would have figured out you were Lyra, but at that point I don't think it really mattered. I was rez'd without abilities so I wasn't really looking for Lyra by then.

Why was STL only voting to lynch me every day though?

You all keep forgetting that I still had the ability to influence you all just by sheer information overload and pursuasion. You most of all. You, my dear jilary, were identified as the easiest of the remaining people to manipulate because you voted with us on occasion in end game when the remaining players were too hesitant to buy into what i was selling. despite openly posting you were suspicious of me, we could talk you down (unlike lupin or hayley. Deva had no real opinions since she was never around)

Pheromones!

Members don't see this ad.

You all keep forgetting that I still had the ability to influence you all just by sheer information overload and pursuasion. You most of all. You, my dear jilary, were identified as the easiest of the remaining people to manipulate because you voted with us on occasion in end game when the remaining players were too hesitant to buy into what i was selling. despite openly posting you were suspicious of me, we could talk you down (unlike lupin or hayley. Deva had no real opinions since she was never around)

Pheromones!
I voted with you when it was clear there was a wolf. I felt it was always better to get rid of a known wolf with a kill ability than chaos. How the hell could I or anyone have known you had so many converts?! I'm still mad certain people switched off you the day TP was lynched and aloha died. I wasn't falling for any of your bs at that point. I was really pissed when you killed Lupin.

Me and Hayley at the end of this game:

tumblr_nyuq36yNVV1sxhdxso1_540.png

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
If I was an actual wolf, I would have left a ton of the veteran players (but not rojo. Seers get killed :mad:) til end game. I like the challenge of an honorable defeat by people who know me and can argue my worth.

Noob filled finale is growing on me though. There is some appeal to playing against people who are approaching the game totally differently than you are.

Reactions: 1 user
DocE should have gone that one day when DVMD literally saved him. Villagers could have easily gotten the remaining wolves without his assistance.

Rojo, I'm not sure how I would have figured out you were Lyra, but at that point I don't think it really mattered. I was rez'd without abilities so I wasn't really looking for Lyra by then.

Why was STL only voting to lynch me every day though?
I gave subtle hints, liking posts earlier in the game where you said you and Lyra weren't linked, etc, but then the "why are you mad comment" I was literally facepalming at that point, as was Lupin it seems. Lol

If I was an actual wolf, I would have left a ton of the veteran players (but not rojo. Seers get killed :mad:) til end game. I like the challenge of an honorable defeat by people who know me and can argue my worth.

Noob filled finale is growing on me though. There is some appeal to playing against people who are approaching the game totally differently than you are.
That's why I don't like being a seer. I like when the wolves only want to kill me for my skills, not my role

I voted with you when it was clear there was a wolf. I felt it was always better to get rid of a known wolf with a kill ability than chaos. How the hell could I or anyone have known you had so many converts?! I'm still mad certain people switched off you the day TP was lynched and aloha died. I wasn't falling for any of your bs at that point. I was really pissed when you killed Lupin.
The Lupin kill should have been the last straw, but it was too late.

At the same time, mathematically, the best hope villagers had to win was actually by killing me, but only because there were so many converts. However, my targets were going to be FFM first, Caiter second, and hoping for a DocE lynch, so I would've done nothing but help lol.

I am surprised Hayley didn't convey my thoughts on that the night I died. I told her I thought either one or both Caiter and FFM were chaos converts.
I don't think she wanted to share much of anything... I actually did that whole angry bear ruining just to get ANYTHING out of her. (Plus it kinda fit the story line: heros want bear to fight for his throne but he's too honorable to do it until they trick him into it by making him defend one of them.) I thought, what the hell? Close enough, I've got one night when the wolves can't kill me. Let's piss them off, burn one wolf kill and see if I can get the people in my group talking.

Haha. I tried to bury unfavorable info by posting a lot and getting it off of the most recent page.

There may have been a moment of blinding fury when we had the noobs forgetting important details and then a mod came on and confirmed it for them for free.
The burying info and people forgetting it thing drives me crazy!!! I see how it's useful for wolves, but I remember just about everything I read or see, so it infuriates me to have to keep repeating myself. Eventually I realize that most of the people are playing dumb so that the people who didn't spot something don't catch on... There were also a couple times where people repeated what someone else said with the exact opposite meaning that made me wonder... but I'm never sure how much is human error versus purposeful play.

I wondered about this. I can see, between reading old games and these new ones, that there is a big difference in thought processes. I wondered how that sat with some of you. Whether it was frustrating but also breathed new life into the game or whether yall were just comfortable in your own traditions and resistant to change.

(Sorry, lost my phone last night so I just caught up this afternoon on my tablet...)

Great game mods! Highly entertaining! Thank you for making it for us!

I don't think she wanted to share much of anything... I actually did that whole angry bear ruining just to get ANYTHING out of her. (Plus it kinda fit the story line: heros want bear to fight for his throne but he's too honorable to do it until they trick him into it by making him defend one of them.) I thought, what the hell? Close enough, I've got one night when the wolves can't kill me. Let's piss them off, burn one wolf kill and see if I can get the people in my group talking.

The burying info and people forgetting it thing drives me crazy!!! I see how it's useful for wolves, but I remember just about everything I read or see, so it infuriates me to have to keep repeating myself. Eventually I realize that most of the people are playing dumb so that the people who didn't spot something don't catch on... There were also a couple times where people repeated what someone else said with the exact opposite meaning that made me wonder... but I'm never sure how much is human error versus purposeful play.

I wondered about this. I can see, between reading old games and these new ones, that there is a big difference in thought processes. I wondered how that sat with some of you. Whether it was frustrating but also breathed new life into the game or whether yall were just comfortable in your own traditions and resistant to change.

(Sorry, lost my phone last night so I just caught up this afternoon on my tablet...)

Great game mods! Highly entertaining! Thank you for making it for us!

Oh i guarantee you, working with noobs is rage inducing.
1) noob villagers. If I'm a villager I often can't trust then ti appropriately use information in ways that protect the source (usually me). If I'm a wolf or villager I often find I can't reason with noobs as they see the world as black and white. Either someone is seered, or they are evil. Either someone needs to die or they need to live. Someone is either put to get you or they are your best friend. The best parts of the veteran game is knowing you're collaborating with a wildcard and you'll use them for their support temporarily before you reassess their worth. You can make AND break alliances.

And the term usage. The word "cleared" has no meaning any longer.

2) noob wolf. The worst. The absolute worst. They eliminate great players early and far too frequently make their wolf kill choices personal. The latter makes working witg them as a Co wolf very tough when they demand they need this person dead because that person dared to be suspicious of them for a second

3) noob mods. There is a belief in a certain legacy and cultural integrity to this game. Noob mods are rarely innovating the game, they are often freewheeling it with dangerous reckless abandon. I think every veteran player here would rather have a game end a bit early, but have completely consistent rules behind the scene (and rules that reference the existing heritage of how some mechanics work), rather than have a "close" game that was repeatedly artificially tweaked to make the end game close.

2) noob wolf. The worst. The absolute worst. They eliminate great players early and far too frequently make their wolf kill choices personal. The latter makes working witg them as a Co wolf very tough when they demand they need this person dead because that person dared to be suspicious of them for a second

I was a wolf convert at the end of our noob game and hated it. I'm not good at lying and tricking. Would much rather be a noob villager...

But the only way to erase the noobiness is by playing more games :)

I was a wolf convert at the end of our noob game and hated it. I'm not good at lying and tricking. Would much rather be a noob villager...

But the only way to erase the noobiness is by playing more games :)

I don't think I would've liked being a late game convert. Early game was good. I liked knowing more of what was going on even though I wasn't great at the lying part.

You're right though and I'd like to thank the experienced players for being patient and dealing with us while we learn the ropes. ;)

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Oh i guarantee you, working with noobs is rage inducing.
1) noob villagers. If I'm a villager I often can't trust then ti appropriately use information in ways that protect the source (usually me). If I'm a wolf or villager I often find I can't reason with noobs as they see the world as black and white. Either someone is seered, or they are evil. Either someone needs to die or they need to live. Someone is either put to get you or they are your best friend. The best parts of the veteran game is knowing you're collaborating with a wildcard and you'll use them for their support temporarily before you reassess their worth. You can make AND break alliances.

And the term usage. The word "cleared" has no meaning any longer.

3) noob mods. There is a belief in a certain legacy and cultural integrity to this game. Noob mods are rarely innovating the game, they are often freewheeling it with dangerous reckless abandon. I think every veteran player here would rather have a game end a bit early, but have completely consistent rules behind the scene (and rules that reference the existing heritage of how some mechanics work), rather than have a "close" game that was repeatedly artificially tweaked to make the end game close.
We had a fairly noob heavy wolf team. They didn't do particularly bad, actually, but we got found out wayyyyy too fast due to the high level of information on wolves floating about. Tried to shield myself from them by not paying much attention to wolf chat so I could pretend to be a villager as well as possible, but honestly they didn't make a whole lot of mistakes. At the same time, it would have been good to have some more talented liars. I also still don't see why they converted me of all people, given that I was up for a lynch literally the night before they converted me lol, but whatever, these things happen.

We had a fairly noob heavy wolf team. They didn't do particularly bad, actually, but we got found out wayyyyy too fast due to the high level of information on wolves floating about. Tried to shield myself from them by not paying much attention to wolf chat so I could pretend to be a villager as well as possible, but honestly they didn't make a whole lot of mistakes. At the same time, it would have been good to have some more talented liars. I also still don't see why they converted me of all people, given that I was up for a lynch literally the night before they converted me lol, but whatever, these things happen.

I remember reading the beginning of the wolf chat right after we got converted and if I recall it was suggested that if you got lynched they would "clear" dy's group. So actually your near lynching may have been part of why you were converted.

despite openly posting you were suspicious of me, we could talk you down (unlike lupin or hayley. Deva had no real opinions since she was never around)
Hey, even when I wasn't "around", you can bet I was around...lurking, waiting...

I gotta admit I got a little PO'd when I caught up around THanksgiving, that day with multiple cycles--everyone was trying to get another lynch to end early, were only missing my vote, and Kam or someone called me out that I had "also missed the last 2 lynch votes", which seemed to imply (at least to me, maybe I read too far into it) that I should be inactivity-kicked. :bored: I was like COME ONNNN, I'm at Thanksgiving! (Still don't know how the game managed to move fastest then, of all days :p) but I didn't want to compromise enigma by being all "mods know I'm not inactive, I have night actions!", so I continued to cruise by in minimal activity for the rest of the holiday weekend.

I remember reading the beginning of the wolf chat right after we got converted and if I recall it was suggested that if you got lynched they would "clear" dy's group. So actually your near lynching may have been part of why you were converted.
How ironic that I ended up being the last wolf alive lol

Reactions: 4 users
How ironic that I ended up being the last wolf alive lol
It was indeed because I thought there was no way they would convert you and the Rojo clearing you N2 when that was when I knew the conversion happened. Glad it led me to fin first actually. haha

No one is commenting on Lupin and my guise... I love secret codes and signals... Surprised hamster was the death of dyachei

No one is commenting on Lupin and my guise... I love secret codes and signals... Surprised hamster was the death of dyachei
I truly loved our group. Deva and I had set up an emoticon system as well, but I died before it really came into being needed. :( FFM was simply the best in bringing me back. We were both heartbroken when DocEvil converted him then kilt me. :cryi:

Reactions: 1 users
Yeah, never should have posted my role on the thread for not much of a reason. Once he knew i was the last angel, hello conversion!

Yeah, never should have posted my role on the thread for not much of a reason. Once he knew i was the last angel, hello conversion!
At least you weren't a convert yet when I was valiantly stating that accelerant could be thrown on my fiery remains before I would believe you were a convert. haha

I truly loved our group. Deva and I had set up an emoticon system as well, but I died before it really came into being needed. :( FFM was simply the best in bringing me back. We were both heartbroken when DocEvil converted him then kilt me. :cryi:

Damn straight I'm doc evil. I didn't go to four years of evil medical school to be called Mr. Evil

Reactions: 6 users
FWIW, I decided to throw in with DocE when I had the subtle knife 2 days in a row.

*It was 100% obvious DocE was chaos so I figured he didn't have much to lose sharing with me.
*I also figured 1/2 of what he said would be if not outright lies, then just misleading, but it was worth it for me for entertainment purposes and because I had nothing to do in the game (my thoughts on plain vanilla roles are well known).

Thanks for the game WZ and Gwen. It was entertaining to watch.