This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The MJ vote is tempting. He's super quite for MJ. And I thought we'd discussed (last game maybe, or an old one I read?) that the in-group role reveals bite us in the butt as often as they protect important information. Especially in this game, where characters are limited...I'd be more inclined to believe a reveal if the role name was made public and no one else came forward claiming the same character.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
the argument for MJ is that... what... he is too dangerous to live in general and maybe hasnt been talking as much as usual.

As someone usually painted with that same brush, ill just note that its probably poor logic. Id rather have him seered andsee what he can do since...and i hate to say this...he is capable when he is a villager.

Now watch him turn out to be some unseerable wolf and I look like I handed him a role-specific defense.
 
lynch dyachei

partly off LIS' theory, and also his usual inability to tell when Dyachei is a wolf. She is good at playing him (and me too to be honest).

I also like @DocEspana 's vote for STL. The logic makes some sense to me.
 
Eh, MJ doesn't play like he used to. I haven't seen anything out of the ordinary for him. I am still interested to see how many people were supposedly injured today. We only had one day one and two yesterday.
That's fair enough.

I was curious about the double injury too. The write-up said "the injured found their wounds repaired when they awoke in the morning," which seemed to confirm both injuries were real, though.

Another write-up said:

The Master had written down his interpretation of the alethiometer’s answer. He showed it to the Librarian. "There are those among you who might have just enough information to fool you."

...which makes me wonder if the wolves may have been given cover roles.
 
the argument for MJ is that... what... he is too dangerous to live in general and maybe hasnt been talking as much as usual.

As someone usually painted with that same brush, ill just note that its probably poor logic. Id rather have him seered andsee what he can do since...and i hate to say this...he is capable when he is a villager.

Now watch him turn out to be some unseerable wolf and I look like I handed him a role-specific defense.
MJ vote is based on the information given from LIS. I really don't think LIS is a wolf, so I tend to believe him on this. It has nothing to do with play style (at least for me)
 
I was curious about the double injury too. The write-up said "the injured found their wounds repaired when they awoke in the morning," which seemed to confirm both injuries were real, though.

I think you may have already said no, but anyone who was injured have a clue where they came from? Did it specify that someone injured you, or did it just say you were injured?
 
lynch dyachei

partly off LIS' theory, and also his usual inability to tell when Dyachei is a wolf. She is good at playing him (and me too to be honest).

I also like @DocEspana 's vote for STL. The logic makes some sense to me.

Of the three role claims made to me (Dyachei, DVMD, MJ), dvmd's is by far the weakest as far as convincing me of villager status.
 
For real, who is EVL? I know it's fun and all, but the whole giving people nicknames when they are new players, or giving them changing nicknames .... Ugh.

I'm still trying to figure out at least three others in this game. No time
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Of the three role claims made to me (Dyachei, DVMD, MJ), dvmd's is by far the weakest as far as convincing me of villager status.
Does the DVMD claims like stories... I read it 10 or so years ago, so I don't remember whether or not any characters were really into reading or something like that?
 
You had also said kcough seemed alright. I imagine I know DVMD's if her post restriction is true, and I don't necessarily see an issue with it.

Well, that would mean we have info that says one of us (me, Dyachei, DVMD, MJ, kcoughli) has to be a wolf ... And a bunch of legit/sounding role claims.

I can be vouched for by someone outside my group. I'd rather we don't make them, but if necessary I can be.

Dunno. Seems to me like we should test the info somehow.
 
Would someone tell @DVMDream a story?? I mean really...people are so rude around here 😛


There was once a mildly aggressive dog with a rapidly growing oral mass whose owners showed up for an appointment TWO HOURS EARLY and interrupted Trilt's ability to stalk the WW thread between patients. This made her sad. The end.
 
Well, that would mean we have info that says one of us (me, Dyachei, DVMD, MJ, kcoughli) has to be a wolf ... And a bunch of legit/sounding role claims.

I can be vouched for by someone outside my group. I'd rather we don't make them, but if necessary I can be.

Dunno. Seems to me like we should test the info somehow.

You just stated that you only know three role claims... myself, dy and MJ and out of those three mine is least convincing. Which is fine, I get it.

But what about kcoughli??? She is also in our group... and she poked me for info about my saying stories in PM, but hasn't given anything in return about her role.

You claimed yesterday that she seemed ok... but then state now that you only have info on dy, myself and MJ... so which is it?
 
MJ vote is based on the information given from LIS. I really don't think LIS is a wolf, so I tend to believe him on this. It has nothing to do with play style (at least for me)

yea... but everyone else is jumping on, ti would seem, not because LIS's theory is good. Its lukewarm at best from his own admissions. Theyre jumping on for a chance to eliminate MJ. It just seems premature given the guy is actually a decent player and LIS is presenting his info as all rather wishy washy.
 
I agree something is up with STL. I'm wondering if it's some weird posting restriction though since I don't believe he's said anything other than his lynch votes for me. If he can't post anything, that must be driving him CRAZY, and he's probably screaming at his computer screen. I almost want to trade groups for a night so I can PM him.
 
The Master had written down his interpretation of the alethiometer’s answer. He showed it to the Librarian. "There are those among you who might have just enough information to fool you."

...which makes me wonder if the wolves may have been given cover roles.

I like this theory. One of the alethiometer answers also warned us that "they are good at blending in." This would mean that having a role that is good and no one else claims should not exonerate anyone.
 
yea... but everyone else is jumping on, ti would seem, not because LIS's theory is good. Its lukewarm at best from his own admissions. Theyre jumping on for a chance to eliminate MJ. It just seems premature given the guy is actually a decent player and LIS is presenting his info as all rather wishy washy.

And this covers the other part of why I don't really like LIS' theory.

I have a feeling this game is going to be full of faulty roles and faulty info.

From what I recall of the movie (which was bad and not the whole story) only one person could actually obtain accurate and truthful information from the alethiometer.

And sine we don't know where this information is coming from (even LIS claims the info isn't guaranteed), I'm not sure how I feel about latching onto it.
 
You just stated that you only know three role claims... myself, dy and MJ and out of those three mine is least convincing. Which is fine, I get it.

But what about kcoughli??? She is also in our group... and she poked me for info about my saying stories in PM, but hasn't given anything in return about her role.

You claimed yesterday that she seemed ok... but then state now that you only have info on dy, myself and MJ... so which is it?

Answered out of thread.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Well, that would mean we have info that says one of us (me, Dyachei, DVMD, MJ, kcoughli) has to be a wolf ... And a bunch of legit/sounding role claims.

I can be vouched for by someone outside my group. I'd rather we don't make them, but if necessary I can be.

Dunno. Seems to me like we should test the info somehow.

perhaps its a bit stronger than initially let on to be.

Given I would never miss an opportunity to lynch dvmd (because lets be honest here, hypocrisy goes out the window when its for dvmd), im gonna have to strongly consider how fun it would be to lynch dvmd
 
Also, stories, I request stories...

There is a girl who was supposed to be in class at this very moment, but alas, she sits, spinning tales and giggling in turn at the stories Liz Lemmon is telling her. However, this happiness must soon come to an end, as the girl has promised to help other students in their studies of theological cells seen through a looking glass that brings them into understanding. She will do this many hours, but then she will be free to pack for a glorious journey to her true homeland. All in all, a day worth living.
 
yea... but everyone else is jumping on, ti would seem, not because LIS's theory is good. Its lukewarm at best from his own admissions. Theyre jumping on for a chance to eliminate MJ. It just seems premature given the guy is actually a decent player and LIS is presenting his info as all rather wishy washy.

I don't disagree with this at all. But I do think it's foolish to ignore info.

I think we should test the info, or at least keep it in mind as group's get slimmed down.
 
yea... but everyone else is jumping on, ti would seem, not because LIS's theory is good. Its lukewarm at best from his own admissions. Theyre jumping on for a chance to eliminate MJ. It just seems premature given the guy is actually a decent player and LIS is presenting his info as all rather wishy washy.

No one else jumped on. Dy is the only vote on MJ. I said it was tempting, and yes, I mentioned that MJ was quiet, but my main point was that I don't think it's convincing enough for me that someone revealed a legit sounding role in a private conversation. I'm not lynching MJ at this point, but I don't consider him cleared either. You'll notice my vote is still on Epi
 
No one else jumped on. Dy is the only vote on MJ. I said it was tempting, and yes, I mentioned that MJ was quiet, but my main point was that I don't think it's convincing enough for me that someone revealed a legit sounding role in a private conversation. I'm not lynching MJ at this point, but I don't consider him cleared either. You'll notice my vote is still on Epi

did not notice that haha. So point taken.
 
I don't disagree with this at all. But I do think it's foolish to ignore info.

I think we should test the info, or at least keep it in mind as group's get slimmed down.

Can I ask that you at least get more information about this "info" before we go chasing it down?

Because, based on your own admission, the info isn't even from a source that you trust or even know to be accurate. I think it would be better to get more information about the source rather than to blindly follow it.
 
Well, officially on break, so I'll be heading out for a long day of driving. I'm not expecting to be anything but wrongfully lynched tonight, but I'll give what little info I have. I'm Bernie Johansen, a minor character that couldn't be more vanilla. I guess at least y'all will be taking out an unimportant villager.

Man, I was hoping to survive longer since this game fell on my break... 🙁

Oh, and ##lynch MJ##, I guess.
 
I agree something is up with STL. I'm wondering if it's some weird posting restriction though since I don't believe he's said anything other than his lynch votes for me. If he can't post anything, that must be driving him CRAZY, and he's probably screaming at his computer screen. I almost want to trade groups for a night so I can PM him.

Okay, Jilary, I'm just thinking here, if you know the series or have googled any info, is there any character who might be out to get your character? That might explain it and give insight to his role.
 
I am at work and it's crazy hectic, I'm having a hard time catching up, so I'm gonna avoid bandwagoning and give a random vote for now based off minor feels. Once I'm home later I'll read through things more and likely waffle.



••••••••••lynch kcough ••••••••••••
 
Also, stories, I request stories...

Once upon a time there was a land of "civilized" bears. They built a society by rule of might, but also justice and fairness. They chose a king to lead them. They grew to be a land of mighty warriors and defended their homeland through the use of the wonderful armor and weapons they forged, as they were skilled metal workers and dextrous with their thumbed paws.
The king of the bears found himself a queen. You know what happened next. Eventually, she bore a strong, intelligent son, destined to be the next king.

The end.

For those who haven't read the books, that is a quick and dirty on the armored polar bears...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Bernie Johansen seems like an incredibly minor character in the books, at least according to the wiki. Storyline gurus - what was Bernie's importance? How difficult would it be to create 30 roles from the series?
 
Bernie Johansen seems like an incredibly minor character in the books, at least according to the wiki. Storyline gurus - what was Bernie's importance? How difficult would it be to create 30 roles from the series?
The wikipedia page has 28, Bernie being one of them.
 
Bernie Johansen seems like an incredibly minor character in the books, at least according to the wiki. Storyline gurus - what was Bernie's importance? How difficult would it be to create 30 roles from the series?

I'm iffy on this one. The character is extremely minor in the books - he's important in that he's someone who passes along intel on a main character as she's growing up, but seriously, that's all that I can recall. If I were going to fake a character he would def be an option... but 30 characters is also kind of hard, and he is listed on the wiki for His Dark Materials, so I could see him being someone they reached for and used as vanilla.
 
Interesting, I took it as a block since it implied I couldn't leave my house. Thought I might draw some heat being blocked on a no kill night. 😳

In that case, maybe I was the target?

I see your logic, and I kind of wonder if it could be a dual protection/block role. I've done that before and it would make sense to me because bears are good in the book.

In that case, she acknowledged TP's role reveal and then didn't change her vote off of TP....


Keeping my vote with epi because that is really suspicious.




Tales, fables, stories, poems, just tell them all to me.

Agreed. ### lynch epi ###
 
You had also said kcough seemed alright. I imagine I know DVMD's if her post restriction is true, and I don't necessarily see an issue with it.
DVMD's character (based off her incessant story requests) is good in the series, though.
Okay in the only other WW game I played, there was a wolf with a role restriction that made her seem like a non-wolf (Goldilocks anyone?). She had to post as though she was a legit villager character and everyone believed it for a long time. So I'm not saying this is what is happening with DVMD, but I'm not ruling it out either.
I like this theory. One of the alethiometer answers also warned us that "they are good at blending in." This would mean that having a role that is good and no one else claims should not exonerate anyone.
I quoted this to sort of emphasizing what I was saying earlier. I also agree with whoever said its hard to trust role claims in mini groups or PM, because the actual role may be someone in another group.
You just stated that you only know three role claims... myself, dy and MJ and out of those three mine is least convincing. Which is fine, I get it.
But what about kcoughli??? She is also in our group... and she poked me for info about my saying stories in PM, but hasn't given anything in return about her role.
You claimed yesterday that she seemed ok... but then state now that you only have info on dy, myself and MJ... so which is it?
He has info on me. Just not my role claim. Couldn't really go into it further since it's not night anymore (and I went to bed at a pseudo-reasonable hour last night 😛)
Bernie Johansen seems like an incredibly minor character in the books, at least according to the wiki. Storyline gurus - what was Bernie's importance? How difficult would it be to create 30 roles from the series?
Initially I was skeptical because honestly I didn't even remember a Bernie Johansen and had to Google it. However, despite there being a great many main and semi-main characters, it would still be a bit of a hassle to find enough roles for 30 players. It also depends on if anyone was assigned to be a daemon, that would cut down the numbers needed. As daemons are tied to a human character, it would make sense to either: 1. not assign daemon roles or 2. let the daemon and their human counterparts PM (because they're linked)