This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Reaction score
I was recently thinking about taking General Biology 1 and U.S. History 1 over the first six week summer semester along with participating in a internship/shadowing program for all of this period. Does this seem manageable? I don’t think these courses would be difficult for me as it is mainly memorization but I wanted to hear from someone who has taken a similar course load during one summer session along with some sort of extracurricular. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

I was recently thinking about taking General Biology 1 and U.S. History 1 over the first six week summer semester along with participating in a internship/shadowing program for all of this period. Does this seem manageable? I don’t think these courses would be difficult for me as it is mainly memorization but I wanted to hear from someone who has taken a similar course load during one summer session along with some sort of extracurricular. Thank you.
No. That is not manageable. Summer classes are intense and you should only take one at a time.

Reactions: 1 user
The summer before my senior year I took 16 credits.. two biology and physics 1&2. It was HARD.

Granted those two courses aren’t so bad, but throwing an internship in there might make it harder.

Why are you taking these over the summer? If anything, drop bio and take just the history class to knock a gen ed out of the way so you don’t have to worry about it later. If this is a cc, you really should consider harder taking your pre-reqs at a four year.

Most internships dont even allow you to take classes.