Horrible

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pressmom

Third year!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I admit to occasionally reading celebrity gossip, but I found this on pagesix.com

Dept. of Animal Services is finally paying attention to the plight of pets who have the misfortune to be purchased by Paris Hilton. The celebutard brought the authorities down on herself when she appeared Wednesday on Ellen DeGeneres' TV show and confessed she had 17 dogs. The ex-con obviously didn't know it's illegal in LA to own more than three dogs unless you're a licensed breeder. The animal control squad paid a visit the next day to Hilton's house in Beverly Hills, Page Six has confirmed. But when they arrived, they found the house vacant and undergoing renovations. All the dogs, cats, birds, ferrets and even a monkey had been placed with "handlers at a ranch" — possibly permanently, said SPCA spokesman Jeff Blodgett, who added that they gave Hilton a card, asking her to get in touch. (Paris has a history of de-acquisitioning her pets). Earlier this week, the Kris Kelly Foundation repo'ed a cat they let Hilton adopt last year because she never returned to pick up the feline after she had been spayed. Hilton was also accused of neglect in a thinly veiled blind item this week. Ted Casablanca reported on Eonline.com about a woman who, "upon leaving her house, often locks these pups in one of her many closets, supposedly to prevent them from making messies." But sometimes the woman "would be gone for hours, days, weeks . . . The animal's existence would simply slip from her mind! Oh, doesn't that happen to everybody? While cleaning the house, [her] staff have — reportedly more than once — opened a closet to discover a tiny, dead dog." Two years ago, Hilton's pet Kinkajou, Baby Luv, bit the heiress, and her first chihuahua, Tinkerbell, now lives with her mother, Kathy. Last year, Shelby Segall, whose yard borders Hilton's, told Page Six: "She treats her animals horribly. They are always getting out and running around the neighborhood. "She had a little orange kitty about a year ago that kept getting out and we kept telling her it was outside. She didn't seem like she cared, and then one day the cat got run over in the middle of the street and died." Another neighbor said, "I found two little chihuahuas of hers running up and down the street with cars and people going up and down. I put them in my bathroom and called Paris. Her assistant answered and said, 'You can't drop them off! Miss Hilton isn't home!' She took three hours to come get them."
How horrible!!

Members don't see this ad.

But of course, because she's rich, she's not going to get in trouble or anything.

Members don't see this ad :)
If she was someone else she would have been up on charges by now. Poor little puppies and kitties. A kinkajou? Aren't they endangered, or something? No. But they must be controlled to enter the country or something, right? anybody know about this?

come on guys, we are better than this thread.

What's wrong with this thread? We're pre-vets and it's about animal cruelty and the double standards in Hollywood regarding crime. I think it's an interesting topic.

I don't know why people get pets if they obviously show no sympathy for them anyway

paris sucks even more now, if that was even possible.

The only thing wrong with this thread is that it isn't productive. Paris Hilton is an easy target, so what? Unless you end up going to LA and picketing outside her house, I don't think her future decisions will be at all influenced by our publicized disgust for her. TMZ does it better, anyway.

The only thing wrong with this thread is that it isn't productive. Paris Hilton is an easy target, so what? Unless you end up going to LA and picketing outside her house, I don't think her future decisions will be at all influenced by our publicized disgust for her. TMZ does it better, anyway.

I don't know about anyone else, but I definitely don't come to these boards to be productive. In fact, just the opposite. :laugh:

Absolutely, let's hear it for procrastination and work avoidance.:clap:

The mere thought of paris hilton will rot your brain. Have at it. I shouldn't have posted, as you have made my error obvious. We are not better than this thread.

The mere thought of paris hilton will rot your brain. Have at it. I shouldn't have posted, as you have made my error obvious. We are not better than this thread.

Is this any worse than getting upset about the Michael Vick dog fighting case? I mean, dog fighting happens all the time and is horrible in all its forms. But why did that case get so much attention? Because it involved a celebrity. That's kind of the way of the world. And if it helps bring attention to causes that matter, is it a bad thing? I don't think so. But if you do, it's indeed your prerogative to avoid posting in this thread.

This news item was disgusting to me and something I hadn't heard/seen yet. Thanks for posting it, pressmom. Some people make me physically ill with what they're capable of. But in the case of someone with means, you'd at least hope they would hire another person to care for their animals if they didn't have the attention span or compassion to do it themselves. (Or, of course, just not adopting animals in the first place is another option.)