Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along WW Blog - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I really don't think the game is ending, but what do I know

Members don't see this ad :)
imagine.. "shelter wins the end bye" :rofl:

(I really don't think that's gonna be a thing tho)

It was quite a sight to see tonight. Everyone seemed to be swarming one person, determined that she was a hero-wolf. A man stepped between the crowd and the would be victim. The crowd took one look at the man, turned around, and went back to their homes. Just by his intimidatingly pink presence, the man had stopped the mob.

No one has died

It is now Night 8, deadline is 6am EDT. Get your actions in!

Roster

Caring Hands Soup Kitchen
1. @nyanko
5. @LetItSnow

Captain Hammer's Command Center
6. @Caia
9. @thedrjojo

The Laundromat
12. @sheltermed
13. @ddstothecor

Dr. Horrible's Lab
17. @Frozenshades
19. @bjeh
20. @PippyPony

Caring Hands Homeless Shelter
15. @hazelmoo
22. @nohika

Midtown Cemetary
4. AM - NBN Newsman, Role Name Seer

10. LoTF - Driver, Vanilla at time of death
21. Genny - Penny, Protector
16. Coquette - Wonderflonium, Kill Dead Bowie w/ lynch vote
23. CheezyD - Bait, 1 x Night Cancel
2. Sar - Other Moving Guy, Tracker
3. KCoughli - Deputy Mayor, vanilla who could inherit Mayor's abilities
24. MJ - Groupie #3, mason
11. Zen - Wingspan, affiliation seer with delayed block
8. Lupin - Conflict Diamond, prevent delivery of night results and glean info
14. Animal Midwife - James Flames, Individual Role who could kill 3x

7. Dubz - Moist, avoid most night actions and have them performed on person below on roster
18. Weim - Elementia, 2x strongman kill

I don't believe for a second that that was "unexpected"

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm lazy about voting from my phone and I've also been asleep half the day. But, others can attest I've been active behind the scenes. :)
That's great, but if you had been around, we could have tied up that vote and at least maybe taken out one of the remaining individual roles.

Huh. Interesting.
It is interesting. I also find it particularly interesting that you abstained from a vote, yet magically appeared shortly afterwards. And even MORE interesting in light of the fact that you blocked me the other night (I'm assuming that was you?) knowing I was a confirmed villager. Why?

Numbers-wise, village has already lost, so I have little incentive to beat around the bush here anymore.

@LetItSnow and @ddstothecor I would recommend re-examining your faction members since they appear to be making some questionable choices.

Additionally -- if Rojo is not wolf (original or convert) and he was not lying about being able to PM a whole faction (don't see how he could be lying about that unless there is a whole lot behind the scenes that I'm not privy to) then it should now be easy enough to back into who the remaining 3rd party players are, and who the remaining wolves are.

However, if a wolf/convert, he could have easily also given the same PM to the wolves so that they had access to the villager code and one of them could claim it on thread and appear to be village.

So, basically, I feel like you* should lynch Rojo tomorrow and figure out if he's trying to bull**** everyone. Then hopefully you all will be able to do some basic math.

ETA: considering that they had a wolfy seer, I'd imagine they have to take out some non-village players as part of their win condition, and converting Rojo would have been a great way to set this up in such a way that they could functionally replace Zen. So I am liking this more and more the more I think about it.

In case I am not dead**,

Contingency lynch Rojo

*I'm expecting to be dead, so go for it wolfies -- I'm ready to meet my maker.
**But seriously tho.

Last edited:
It is interesting. I also find it particularly interesting that you abstained from a vote, yet magically appeared shortly afterwards. And even MORE interesting in light of the fact that you blocked me the other night (I'm assuming that was you?) knowing I was a confirmed villager. Why?
Yup, I'm the blocker. It's how I knew Zensing was blocked. And I'd been following the lynch on my phone, but did you ever think maybe I knew it was going to end with no one dying and therefore didn't bother voting?

Also I'm an original faction member and therefore, not a wolf.

Oh, and I had no idea you were a confirmed villager. I often pull my block targets by skimming the last page or two of the thread and picking somewhat randomly. So. Voila!

Numbers-wise, village has already lost, so I have little incentive to beat around the bush here anymore.

@LetItSnow and @ddstothecor I would recommend re-examining your faction members since they appear to be making some questionable choices.

Additionally -- if Rojo is not wolf (original or convert) and he was not lying about being able to PM a whole faction (don't see how he could be lying about that unless there is a whole lot behind the scenes that I'm not privy to) then it should now be easy enough to back into who the remaining 3rd party players are, and who the remaining wolves are.

However, if a wolf/convert, he could have easily also given the same PM to the wolves so that they had access to the villager code and one of them could claim it on thread and appear to be village.

So, basically, I feel like you* should lynch Rojo tomorrow and figure out if he's trying to bull**** everyone. Then hopefully you all will be able to do some basic math.

ETA: considering that they had a wolfy seer, I'd imagine they have to take out some non-village players as part of their win condition, and converting Rojo would have been a great way to set this up in such a way that they could functionally replace Zen. So I am liking this more and more the more I think about it.

In case I am not dead**,

Contingency lynch Rojo

*I'm expecting to be dead, so go for it wolfies -- I'm ready to meet my maker.
**But seriously tho.
I don't understand this logic.
Why not Lynch sheltermed tomorrow?
If she's a wolf, am I not vindicated?
You also didn't verify you are still a villager

I don't understand this logic.
Why not Lynch sheltermed tomorrow?
If she's a wolf, am I not vindicated?
You also didn't verify you are still a villager
I don't understand this logic. You are confirming people within a single faction. Multiple factions besides villager exist.

I'll go get your code because I'm grumbly right now because I don't like losing. I pick the licking one -- I think it was like #13 or 14 maybe. I'll edit this post in a second.

EDIT: it was #12.

12. Lick me from my head to my toes

EDIT #2: but seriously, is no one paying attention? I really needed a code for that?

EDIT #3: because I just couldn't help myself

cats-love-bacon-too.gif

Last edited:
I don't understand this logic. You are confirming people within a single faction. Multiple factions besides villager exist.

I'll go get your code because I'm grumbly right now. I pick the licking one -- I think it was like #13 or 14 maybe. I'll edit this post in a second.

EDIT: it was #12.

12. Lick me from my head to my toes
Yes, but she claimed villager and my thing caught her. If I'm a wolf, why would I throw a wolf under the bus like that? If she ends up being some rando person like she said, I still lead to someone who lied, but it doesn't solve your paranoia that I did this with still more than 50% of people in the game...

Yes, but she claimed villager and my thing caught her. If I'm a wolf, why would I throw a wolf under the bus like that? If she ends up being some rando person like she said, I still lead to someone who lied, but it doesn't solve your paranoia that I did this with still more than 50% of people in the game...
I really don't think she's going to flip wolf with the weirdness of her interactions with Zen leading up to that lynch. But even still, is your question also "why would a convert throw a fellow wolf under the bus", when people already thought that fellow wolf was a tad sketchy? Because lol to that.

I'm used to getting my paranoia tossed at me (paging @SummerTheLynx)...funny thing is that it occasionally works out where I am right to be paranoid, and I therefore get all kinds of positive reinforcement for it ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
I really don't think she's going to flip wolf with the weirdness of her interactions with Zen leading up to that lynch. But even still, is your question also "why would a convert throw a fellow wolf under the bus", when people already thought that fellow wolf was a tad sketchy? Because lol to that.

I'm used to getting my paranoia tossed at me (paging @SummerTheLynx)...funny thing is that it occasionally works out where I am right to be paranoid, and I therefore get all kinds of positive reinforcement for it ;)
:shrug:
She lied about her role, I have no reason to believe anything she says and will vote to Lynch her tomorrow and can't fathom a world where you think it's a better idea to Lynch me over her. But you do you, and hopefully enough people trust me over you.

I also want to point out that I was correct on calling weim out the other day with their Lynch vote of me being sketchy and that I thought they were a wolf. I wasn't the only one, cause someone was convinced enough to take them out last night unless it was a backfired kill, but whatever. Damned if I do, Damned if I don't.

:shrug:
She lied about her role, I have no reason to believe anything she says and will vote to Lynch her tomorrow and can't fathom a world where you think it's a better idea to Lynch me over her. But you do you, and hopefully enough people trust me over you.
That's fine, I am not expecting a lot of takers for this crazy train. I just feel like we're running out of people on the roster, and with the people who verified today...I mean either we need to look at nyanko more closely, sheltermed has been lying through her teeth, or there is a rat in the LIS faction. Or you're screwing with people.

The thing that is going through my head is -- if we lynch sheltermed and she is a wolf, then it's just another villager tick mark for you that is fundamentally still just an assumption. However, if we lynch you and you are village, then we completely clear 2 additional people (not including myself - that'd make 3). If you are a wolf, then we know the code clears none of us. So I dunno, it seems like more of a win to lynch you purely for information, considering that the village is already outnumbered by other factions.

I also want to point out that I was correct on calling weim out the other day with their Lynch vote of me being sketchy and that I thought they were a wolf. I wasn't the only one, cause someone was convinced enough to take them out last night unless it was a backfired kill, but whatever. Damned if I do, Damned if I don't.
1. Yours truly was also voting for Weim, so...high five? lol
2. Fun fact (don't see how this could hurt to say at this point) -- I had an item the night I was blocked, and tried to use it on Weim. Oh wells. Gj to whoever took her out.

Last edited:
What happened last night? Let's first take a look at FS. FS had decided to take a ride on the world's tallest and fastest waterslide but an accident occurred. The raft became airborne, decapitating FS when it impacted a metal support bar.
Dead is @Frozenshades, Freeze Ray

As you might have guessed by now, all these deaths were not truly accidents. They were just deaths committed in unintentional ways by the Council of Champions. To truly understand what was happening we need to go back to the previous night. A conversion happened. Who was it that was converted and killed our poor fs? It was none other than dds. An original member of the Evil League of Evil who was now a member of the Council of Champions. And so, dds walked away from the dead FS not realizing someone was following. A flash of red lights occurred just as the night previously when Weim died.
Dead is @ddstothecor, Dead Bowie

There is still more to our tale of last night though. Caia was minding her own business of doing nothing last night until she was approached by her nemesis. This was a showdown between Captain Hammer and Dr. Horrible. It went something like this:

latest

PUkIoCs.gif

And so, @Caia, our wonderful Captain Hammer was dead. This would not have been enough to allow the supervillains to win though. They still needed to be the largest faction to win. At this point the Evil League of Evil and Supervillains were tied for numbers. What happened next was crucial. The Evil League of Evil used the transmatter ray to revive one dead player. But who had created the transmatter ray? Why none other than Dr. Horrible of course. So who did the transmatter ray bring back? Our wonderful Conflict Diamond, @Lupin21

ezgif-2-fc86bbd847.gif
And so with superior numbers and having found all other supervillains (and henchman) Dr. Horrible had accomplished his goal. He began to sing

♫ Now the nightmare’s real
Now Dr. Horrible is here
To make you quake with fear
To make the whole world kneel
(Everything you ever…)
And I won’t feel
A thing ♫

Supervillains and Shelter have won!
But wait, what about the Evil League of Evil you ask? They had a really strict win condition - recruit 3 people from 3 different factions. There was only one faction they could not convert from and that was the Council of Champions. And so instead of trying to recruit Shelter as they had originally planned (and would have allowed them to win), they allowed themselves to be swayed by dds in trying to recruit Caia. And so, the Evil League of Evil lost.

Final Roster
Ny -
Supervillain
LIS - Village/Evil League of Evil
Rojo - Supervillain
Shelter - Independent Role
bjeh - Evil League of Evil
Pippy - Village
Hmoo - Supervillain
Nohika - Evil League of Evil

Thanks for playing!

Reactions: 5 users
BOOOO supervillains are gross

Really fun game mods, it was also great living to the end and being able to play :laugh:

Reactions: 1 users
Damn it, I knew we should have freaking recruited shelter. Ugh

Thanks for the game mods! (and thanks for putting up with me) :D

So would lynching Caia again actually have ended the game?

the end results of this entire game has been oddly reflective of my actual life

forever-alone-2.jpg

Last edited:
p.s. I told whomever that I would win alongside whatever faction and no1 buy it

My apologies to my team who were sound and tested battle warriors; except for LIS who decided to play for the one team with no win condition (the village).

My apologies to my team who were sound and tested battle warriors; except for LIS who decided to play for the one team with no win condition (the village).

Just curious, when were you converted?