Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along WW Blog - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Karabiner13

Ohio State c/o 2018
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along WW Blog

banner2.gif

Act 1
Mua-ha-ha-ha! Or should I say awooooo?

So that's coming along... I might need to work with a vocal coach but I think it's coming along quite nicely. Lotta guys ignore the laugh, er howl. But you've gotta have standards. A good ol' wolf brag does people lots of good. You don't play WW if you don't have a memorable howl.

Now let's see what we have today.

'Hey genius mods!'

Seems someone knows who's in charge around here ;)

'What's with this battle in our city? It seems some of us are caught in the crossfire?'

Now that's a really good question. It seems I can't freeze time. Sure wish I could but I don't have the mix quite right yet. Oh well, we all have to just soldier on in this mess of a city. There are villains and heroes at every corner but I stand by my statement of ♫ Everyone’s a hero in their own way. Everyone’s got villains they must face. They’re not as cool as mine. But folks, you know it’s fine to know your place. ♫

ezgif-4-c86646130b.gif

If you have not been told differently, you are a VILLAGER.

Rules:

1. There is no village code but feel free to try and see what happens
  2. There will be no pms outside of ones set-up by mods
  3. No screenshots. No quoting mod pms. If you must, you may copy and paste
  4. You may edit posts, but please don't mess with lynch votes.
  5. If discussion stops and there is an overwhelming majority before lynch deadline, lynch may close early. No plurality rules. Otherwise deadlines will be as follows: Night closes at 6 am EDT, Lynch closes at 10 pm EDT
  6. Early actions and contingency actions are much appreciated.
  7. Dead must post in **** stars ****
  8. No posting strategy between lynch/ night close and the posting of the write-up. Additionally, do not share night results before the write-up is posted
  9. You can roll reveal if you want, but there may be consequences
  10. I expect good participation from all of you. You need to at least consistently do lynch votes/ any other actions. If you need to be subbed out, let us know and we'll attempt to find one. Please don't make me mod kill you
It is now Day 1. Lynch will close at 10pm EDT

Your mods are: @PrincessButterCup, @mmmdreamerz, and myself

Roster

Caring Hands Soup Kitchen

1. @nyanko
2. @SARdoghandler
3. @kcoughli
4. @Animal Midwife
5. @LetItSnow

Captain Hammer's Command Center

6. @Caia
7. @WildZoo
8. @SummerTheLynx
9. @thedrjojo
10. @LadyOtheFarm

The Laundromat
11. @Zensing
12. @sheltermed
13. @ddstothecor
14. @finnickthedog
15. @hazelmoo

Dr. Horrible's Lab

16. @Coquette22
17. @Frozenshades
18. @WeimMama
19. @bjeh
20. @PippyPony

Caring Hands Homeless Shelter

21. @genny
22. @nohika
23. @Melchizedek
24. @Mad Jack

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Last edited:
Today and tomorrow, I won't be able to keep a tally until I get home in the evening. Unless one of your other mods is able to, it's probably best if you want a current tally to keep your own. I should do better next week when I'm on my next rotation

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Today and tomorrow, I won't be able to keep a tally until I get home in the evening. Unless one of your other mods is able to, it's probably best if you want a current tally to keep your own. I should do better next week when I'm on my next rotation
Pfft, I'm already calling modbandonment.

Reactions: 6 users
I haven't seen the show (may try to rectify that in the next day or two). Who are our resident superfans? @LetItSnow @kcoughli based on signups - anyone else?
Watched it once before and rewatched a couple of nights ago. Would agree that everyone watch it, given its length.

Otherwise, lynch @LadyOtheFarm to try and get a discussion going.

I haven't seen the show (may try to rectify that in the next day or two). Who are our resident superfans? @LetItSnow @kcoughli based on signups - anyone else?
This is an error you should rectify quickly! There are links posted in the sign up thread.

Members don't see this ad :)
Now when I was little, my mother always said you should trust healthcare professionals. Since everyone here is either a honest, kind, and ethical professional, or aspiring to be one, I can trust you all. So I'm only going to ask once. Raise your hands if you're a wolf 'kay?

:heckyeah:

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Watched it once before and rewatched a couple of nights ago. Would agree that everyone watch it, given its length.

Otherwise, lynch @LadyOtheFarm to try and get a discussion going.
Hey, I give you links to this beautiful show and this is how you repay me? :(

Watched it a few times and loved it.

And what the hell, lynch @LadyOtheFarm for something to do.
I'm not a fidget spinner. Don't just toy with me out of boredom.

I'm also not a wolf, just nilla.

Also I'm severely disappointed that the line "It needs evaluation, so let the games begin. A heinous crime, a show of force, a murder would be nice of course." didn't make it into the intro.

Reactions: 7 users

Based on her finding the videos, maybe LoTF is. But I am totally a SuperFan. To the point where Felicia Day may have been invited to go on vacation with a friend of mine. But that's a story for when I've had more than a few beers.

Also I'm severely disappointed that the line "It needs evaluation, so let the games begin. A heinous crime, a show of force, a murder would be nice of course." didn't make it into the intro.

For a 42-minute show, there are so many quotable moments.....

Actually...

unlynch FS
lynch Melchizedek
because I don't know who this person is and want to put some pressure on him/her to see how she plays.

Based on her finding the videos, maybe LoTF is.
I made a bunch of techs watch it during the big prep for Spay day, and once overnight. Some cite it as one of the reasons they love me, some say they will never forgive me. I'd like to think it is because they now have awesome songs stuck in their heads.

Now when I was little, my mother always said you should trust healthcare professionals. Since everyone here is either a honest, kind, and ethical professional, or aspiring to be one, I can trust you all. So I'm only going to ask once. Raise your hands if you're a wolf 'kay?

I agree with LIS and found this comment a bit weird. Melchizedek, is this your first game? I also have a strong dislike for this username, as I need to copy and paste it instead of attempt to type it out just to butcher it. Probably gonna shorten it to Mel.

This is totally how it works.

Lynch dubz

just because I know it will irk her and I feel like starting some trouble

Last edited:
I made a bunch of techs watch it during the big prep for Spay day, and once overnight. Some cite it as one of the reasons they love me, some say they will never forgive me. I'd like to think it is because they now have awesome songs stuck in their heads.
Roommate made me watch it. I do have awesome songs in my head, but I also hit him repeatedly (with a pillow) at the ending.

Reactions: 1 users
I agree with LIS and found this comment a bit weird. Melchizedek, is this your first game? I also have a strong dislike for this username, as I need to copy and paste it instead of attempt to type it out just to butcher it. Probably gonna shorten it to Mel.

lynch Mel for these reasons, probs change later

Actually...

unlynch FS
lynch Melchizedek

AAAAAAAND THERE'S OUR FIRST WAFFLE #

tumblr_mugwvlrB9k1rdh9azo3_250.gif

My first time playing it in this format. I used to play this game IRL back in high school.
In any case, I'm a villager plz don't killz me.

Let's call her Mel. Her, right?

Based on what I've seen, I figured y'all would give me a creative nickname, but if Mel is the best you can do, so be it :shrug:
As for her/him/it/they for all intents and purposes, assume I'm an axolotl

tumblr_ojgg2rbZq41spy7ono1_250.gif

@sheltermed this is what Mel said about experience level on the sign up thread:
I'm in! Used to play this kinda game all the time during high school but it'll be fun trying it out in a thread-style! This one sounds less complicated than STL's so hopefully it'll be good practice before their game starts.

(Edit: Ninja 'd)

I'm not a fidget spinner. Don't just toy with me out of boredom.

I'm also not a wolf, just nilla.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it but it seems really early in the game to be making comments like this.

Reactions: 3 users
Also does anyone else think Dr. Horrible's theme sounds a lot like the phantom's theme from ALW's Phantom of the Opera?

What exactly do you agree with me about? I didn't realize I said anything to agree or disagree with. I feel like you're sorta trying to make me responsible for your vote.....

I completely get her vote, you had decent reasons for voting Mel since he/she is new and you want to gauge a playing style. Other people may have wanted to see the same. Why would you vote for Mel to put on pressure and then call people out for doing the same thing?

Lynch LIS

Lynch STL

Just because I've never done that before. ;)

Based on what I've seen, I figured y'all would give me a creative nickname, but if Mel is the best you can do, so be it :shrug:
As for her/him/it/they for all intents and purposes, assume I'm an axolotl

tumblr_ojgg2rbZq41spy7ono1_250.gif

Give it time, young grasshopper. Nicknames develop over time.

Also, not by me. I'm not in vet med for my creativity.

I completely get her vote, you had decent reasons for voting Mel since he/she is new and you want to gauge a playing style. Other people may have wanted to see the same. Why would you vote for Mel to put on pressure and then call people out for doing the same thing?

Lynch LIS

Because "agreeing" with me seems to me to be odd language for something that wasn't really much of an assertion.

That's why.

Oh lort didn't even realize the game had begun, but I'm glad for something else to procrasta-watch.

Lynch STL

Just because I've never done that before. ;)

I'm nearly positive I've done it. Problem is, STL knows me well enough to not take it seriously on D1. It would take a few votes to really get him talking.

I could switch to him for the amusement value, but I actually kinda want to lean on new guy to get a better feel for his/her play style.

Ah, that's the reason your name jumped out of the list. Will keep it on for now because I don't like that you role revealed that quickly, and I haven't seen anything much stronger (liking Mel's personality so far).

***********lynch SAR**********

No reason Other then to put pressure on a few more people.
SAR said in signups that she can't be on between 7am-5pm Mountain time. Putting pressure here now won't get any response until much later this evening.

Because "agreeing" with me seems to me to be odd language for something that wasn't really much of an assertion.

That's why.
I agreed that voting to try to hear out their playing style was a good idea.

SAR said in signups that she can't be on between 7am-5pm Mountain time. Putting pressure here now won't get any response until much later this evening.
Had been planning to drop a vote on SAR since she gets easily flustered as a wolf; this is exactly why I haven't (yet).

Also was weirded out by the immediate, knee jerk "omg I'm a nilla wafer" from LoTF...but willing to give a true fan a little time to play before lynching

Day 1 A Murder Would Be Nice of Course Lynch Tally

Zen (1) - Finn
LoTF (2) - zen, Coquette
FS () -
Mel the axolotl (2) - LIS, shelter
Dubz (1) - pippy
Pippy (1) - ny
SAR (1) - STL
LIS (1) - hmoo
STL (2) - AM, rojo
bjeh (1) - FS

11/24 voting

Lynch Deadline 10 pm EDT (~4 hours)

I'm nearly positive I've done it. Problem is, STL knows me well enough to not take it seriously on D1. It would take a few votes to really get him talking.

I could switch to him for the amusement value, but I actually kinda want to lean on new guy to get a better feel for his/her play style.

You're that lvl 99 paladin that hangs around the noob area in MMORPG's so he can pick off the noobs and feel good about himself aren't you?

Reactions: 5 users
You're that lvl 99 paladin that hangs around the noob area in MMORPG's so he can pick off the noobs and feel good about himself aren't you?

Are we still talking about WW? :confused:

Reactions: 4 users
Well I can't speak for LIS but I personally feel like I'm learning a lot about Mel...