This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Icy14

5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
  1. What are my weaknesses?
None, really.

1. What can I do over the next 7-8 months to improve my chances?
Keep engaging in service to others less fortunate than yourself.

1. Do I need more patient care experience?
Nope.

1. Research? Several docs I've talked to have agreed that doing clinical research and being able to get a solid LOR from it would really benefit me. I agree, but have been struggling to find suitable positions. There is literally nothing where I live in ND, so I'd have to move to a bigger city, which I actually would love. I was also told that it's important I work for a public research company rather than a private one, and of course the goal is to get a publication. Advice on how to find suitable research opportunities?

Look for a SURF at some place doing research
  1. Should I retake the MCAT? I'm pretty sure I won't, but always knew I could do better than what I got.
NO!!!!!

Reactions: 1 user
  1. Research? Several docs I've talked to have agreed that doing clinical research and being able to get a solid LOR from it would really benefit me. I agree, but have been struggling to find suitable positions. There is literally nothing where I live in ND, so I'd have to move to a bigger city, which I actually would love. I was also told that it's important I work for a public research company rather than a private one, and of course the goal is to get a publication. Advice on how to find suitable research opportunities?

Look for a SURF at some place doing research

Aren't SURF programs just for undergraduates? I didn't think I was eligible for those since I graduated

Members don't see this ad :)
I’m just going to go ahead and congratulate you on your acceptance in advance.

Congrats

I’m just going to go ahead and congratulate you on your acceptance in advance.

Congrats

Wait really? I really always thought that my ECs and work experience was lacking... I mean I haven't done any research yet, don't have as much patient care experience as many others, and feel like my LORs are mediocre at this point. But that makes me feel slightly better so thank you!