This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Auntymarkovnikov

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I pretty much just want to see how destroyer has helped different people:
How did you use DAT destroyer? How did it help you?
After taking the DAT, would you have gone back in time and used Destroyer differently?

Any feedback would be great. I am about to go through it for the second time. Exam is in early August.

Members don't see this ad.

I used DAT Destroyer right after I finished going through Chad's videos on coursesaver, and I basically just went through the problems at my own pace untimed, and looked at the answer key for any problems that I didn't know, which was a lot. It allowed me to find out what specific areas I was weak on, and then I went back and reviewed those areas through Chad's as well as other online materials such as youtube or khan academy. I only finished about a third of the book, as I basically crammed for the DAT for a week during my spring break and went and took it, and I hadn't even touched the book before then. I also used DATgenius and DATDestroyer for additional practice. If I had gone back time, I probably would have studied more and finished the entire book, and take detailed notes for everything that I missed, and then go through them again. But still I did fairly well on the DAT, 23 AA 23 TS.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I started Destroyer after going through Chad's and Cliff's. I did about 40 GC, 40 Orgo, and 70 Bio per day. I ended up going through each section 2x, but if I ran into a problem I couldn't do, I'd stop and review all my notes on that section. For Bio, the best way to study is to make sure you understand every option; just because you can eliminate 3/5 answers, and are 70% sure its B rather than A, that's not good enough for the actual test. Make sure to understand why each answer is wrong or right. The first time through will be a bit rough, but you'll breeze through after awhile. I ended up with a 25 AA and 26 TS. Just keep cranking, you'll be fine, and good luck!

Reactions: 1 users
I used DAT Destroyer right after I finished going through Chad's videos on coursesaver, and I basically just went through the problems at my own pace untimed, and looked at the answer key for any problems that I didn't know, which was a lot. It allowed me to find out what specific areas I was weak on, and then I went back and reviewed those areas through Chad's as well as other online materials such as youtube or khan academy. I only finished about a third of the book, as I basically crammed for the DAT for a week during my spring break and went and took it, and I hadn't even touched the book before then. I also used DATgenius and DATDestroyer for additional practice. If I had gone back time, I probably would have studied more and finished the entire book, and take detailed notes for everything that I missed, and then go through them again. But still I did fairly well on the DAT, 23 AA 23 TS.
Wow those are impressive scores for only studying a week

I started Destroyer after going through Chad's and Cliff's. I did about 40 GC, 40 Orgo, and 70 Bio per day. I ended up going through each section 2x, but if I ran into a problem I couldn't do, I'd stop and review all my notes on that section. For Bio, the best way to study is to make sure you understand every option; just because you can eliminate 3/5 answers, and are 70% sure its B rather than A, that's not good enough for the actual test. Make sure to understand why each answer is wrong or right. The first time through will be a bit rough, but you'll breeze through after awhile. I ended up with a 25 AA and 26 TS. Just keep cranking, you'll be fine, and good luck!
Good stuff.. I'm definitely gonna try and go through twice. Also, did you use Math destroyer?

Good stuff.. I'm definitely gonna try and go through twice. Also, did you use Math destroyer?
Math destroyer is definitely a must. Math is definitely a weakness of mine, I worked through each destroyer test a few times and ended up with a 23, which I was really happy with.

Reactions: 1 user