• A new admissions hurdle is becoming more common: the CASPer test. Learn more about it at a free webinar hosted by SDN and PrepMatch on May 6th. Register now!
May 27, 2020
OK I am very worried. My undergrad GPA is a 2.99ish. I feel angry at myself that I wanted to be Dr. the last minute. Even if I do a career change post-bacc with 43-46 credits and get around 3.7 to 4.0 GPA, it will only bring up my GPA to 3.1 to 3.2 ish, which is still pretty bad.
My question is:

Do D.O. schools forgive my undergrad grade if I excel my post bacc with hard science prerequisites?

Do D.O. schools tend to look at uGPA and post bacc GPA separately my overall GPA would be forgiven?

or

should I give up and do nursing? The post-bacc isn't cheap and if I do it and didn't get in, it's a waste of my time and money.

Be brutally honest, thanks. I aren't even considering Caribbean schools.

GreenDuck12

7+ Year Member
Mar 30, 2014
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Upward trends are viewed favorably. Your gpa will be broken up by year and your postbac will be on a separate line. All undergraduate classes will be included in your cGPA and sGPA. Improvement in your postbac, a good performance on the mcat, strong ECs and LORs and you’ll have a shot at an admission.

Reactions: 1 users
About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.