How do D.O. schools calculate GPA? Am I screwed?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drhong

Reaction score
OK I am very worried. My undergrad GPA is a 2.99ish. I feel angry at myself that I wanted to be Dr. the last minute. Even if I do a career change post-bacc with 43-46 credits and get around 3.7 to 4.0 GPA, it will only bring up my GPA to 3.1 to 3.2 ish, which is still pretty bad.
My question is:

Do D.O. schools forgive my undergrad grade if I excel my post bacc with hard science prerequisites?

Do D.O. schools tend to look at uGPA and post bacc GPA separately my overall GPA would be forgiven?

or

should I give up and do nursing? The post-bacc isn't cheap and if I do it and didn't get in, it's a waste of my time and money.

Be brutally honest, thanks. I aren't even considering Caribbean schools.

Members don't see this ad.

Upward trends are viewed favorably. Your gpa will be broken up by year and your postbac will be on a separate line. All undergraduate classes will be included in your cGPA and sGPA. Improvement in your postbac, a good performance on the mcat, strong ECs and LORs and you’ll have a shot at an admission.

Reactions: 1 users