How do I list a community education Spanish class?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Babbitt4MVP

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am taking a once-weekly Spanish class offered by the hospital I volunteer it. This is in no way affiliated with any college or other educational institution. There are no grades or credits given with it. It is purely a community education class that I take to learn a valuable skill. I am no longer in school and I work a full-time job.

I want to make sure I do not have to list this in the coursework section of AACOMAS. I was thinking of putting it in extracurriculars. Is that okay? Or is this something I should contact AACOMAS about?
 
I am taking a once-weekly Spanish class offered by the hospital I volunteer it. This is in no way affiliated with any college or other educational institution. There are no grades or credits given with it. It is purely a community education class that I take to learn a valuable skill. I am no longer in school and I work a full-time job.

I want to make sure I do not have to list this in the coursework section of AACOMAS. I was thinking of putting it in extracurriculars. Is that okay? Or is this something I should contact AACOMAS about?
It's fine to list it as an Extracurricular, but even better if you actually use Spanish in a volunteer situation.