How much does interfolio cost (is my understanding correct)?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Monkeys4Lyfe

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So 19 to sign up.

AACOMAS:
4 per letter - (and only need to send each letter once from Interfolio TO aacomas, regardless of how many schools you are applying to??????)

AMCAS:
$6 for first letter...rest are free???

So assuming I have like 5 letters for each, I shouldn't have a total bill of over $45?

If this is wrong, please tell me where I went wrong and what the maximum amount cuold be with 5 letters...
(originally thought it was going to be like 200+ but i think i am crazy

Members don't see this ad.

You only pay one time to send 1 letter from Interfolio to AMCAS/AACOMAS.

Once AMCAS/AACOMAS has the letter they will send it to the schools at no charge.

So multiple letters means you pay $6 per letter for Interfolio to send it to AMCAS/AACOMAS.
5 letters = 5 x $6 for Interfolio to AMCAS
5 letters = 5 x $6 for Interfolio to AACOMAS

Should be $60 total, regardless of number of schools

You only pay one time to send 1 letter from Interfolio to AMCAS/AACOMAS.

Once AMCAS/AACOMAS has the letter they will send it to the schools at no charge.

So multiple letters means you pay $6 per letter for Interfolio to send it to AMCAS/AACOMAS.
5 letters = 5 x $6 for Interfolio to AMCAS
5 letters = 5 x $6 for Interfolio to AACOMAS

Should be $60 total, regardless of number of schools

Well thats not bad but not what i expected.
IIRC, AMCAS was $6 per letter, possibly with addiitonal letters free?
I also thought AACOMAS was $4?

Are you sure about your numbers? And would you recommend using interfolio over AMCAS/AACOMAS respective LOR dossiers?

Cheers for the reply fam.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well thats not bad but not what i expected.
IIRC, AMCAS was $6 per letter, possibly with addiitonal letters free?
I also thought AACOMAS was $4?

Are you sure about your numbers? And would you recommend using interfolio over AMCAS/AACOMAS respective LOR dossiers?

Cheers for the reply fam.

Actually you're right, I think it is $4. It's on their website. https://help.interfolio.com/hc/en-us/articles/203701026

I like Interfolio because I like to keep everything organized. It's also easier for the letter writers to upload it once to interfolio vs having to do it multiple times

Actually you're right, I think it is $4. It's on their website. https://help.interfolio.com/hc/en-us/articles/203701026

I like Interfolio because I like to keep everything organized. It's also easier for the letter writers to upload it once to interfolio vs having to do it multiple times

Okay sweet! I still thought you only paid for the first letter for amcas and the rest are free. Gonna call them tomorrow and clear this up.

But do you definetly recommend using Interfolio over amcas/aacomas respective LOR dossiers? Price point isn't terrible but it isn't free either.

I am having same letter writers for both applications so it would definitely being easier there. Thanks again mate.

Okay sweet! I still thought you only paid for the first letter for amcas and the rest are free. Gonna call them tomorrow and clear this up.

But do you definetly recommend using Interfolio over amcas/aacomas respective LOR dossiers? Price point isn't terrible but it isn't free either.

I am having same letter writers for both applications so it would definitely being easier there. Thanks again mate.
IDK if this is too late, but in that case I would just use Interfolio. I was going to apply to both MD and DO programs, but then I just changed over to only DO programs (I had to face facts when it came to my GPA lol), so I ended up not needing to use Interfolio, but I still had all my letter writers send it there. It keeps it organized. Plus if you have more than 6 letters, then the AACOMAS service won't even let you add a 7th one.

You definitely don't need to use Interfolio. I signed up for interfolio too, thinking I had to use it for AACOMAS and AMCAS, but I never did. Just use the built in LOR services in the application.