If you could choose a dental related masters thesis topic, what would it be?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thelazyvaca

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently in a Clinical Genetics & Genomics masters program and I am getting close to having to pick a topic for my thesis. I understandably want to go the dental route for my topic. I have a couple topics in mind, but thought it would be interesting to see what other folks say while I am going through this process. Hope all is well, and good luck this application cycle to all of y'all applying!

Members don't see this ad.

If I could choose (and I know this is a big topic and unrealistic for a thesis as I have been told LOL) I would be curious to see how vaping impacts the oral microbiome and if it differs to how smoking cigarettes impacts the oral microbiome

Reactions: 1 user
If I could choose (and I know this is a big topic and unrealistic for a thesis as I have been told LOL) I would be curious to see how vaping impacts the oral microbiome and if it differs to how smoking cigarettes impacts the oral microbiome
That's a very interesting topic! I'd be curious myself to see some research on that! Thanks for sharing!

Members don't see this ad :)
Reactions: 1 users
I would probably want to look at medication interactions and the oral microbiome.

I would probably want to look at medication interactions and the oral microbiome.
Very interesting topic! How often is the oral microbiome discussed in dental school? Is it a fairly pressured topic?

A great topic that one of my friends in my D1 class actually used was the benefits of chewing gum on ones oral health. Surprising how many benefits there were, even without only using sugar free gum. Very interesting topic, very relatable for many readers.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users