You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Illinois C/O 2028
Started by eleanor713
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Marlee Day
Full Member
Anyone hear anything yet? The waiting is killing me.
nope, nothingAnyone hear anything yet? The waiting is killing me.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
avocado4958
Full Member
I am so confused. I got denied due to my prereqs but I should have everything done?
eleanor713
Full Member
OOS moving to phase 2
Just got my OOS rejection. They said I didn’t have all the prereqs which is BS because I know I do.
Good luck to everyone moving on to the next round!! Sending positive thoughts your way😊
Good luck to everyone moving on to the next round!! Sending positive thoughts your way😊
Same! The prereqs weren’t any issue for me for any other school so idk what the issue wasI am so confused. I got denied due to my prereqs but I should have everything done?
leahnicole98
Full Member
OOS made it through phase 1 but did not make it through phase 2. Congrats to everyone that made it and good luck to you all.
eleanor713
Full Member
Did you have any pass/fail classes over covid? I see a lot of schools accepting those grades but I know Illinois doesn’tSame! The prereqs weren’t any issue for me for any other school so idk what the issue was
Oos made it past phase 1 but denied in phase 2! Good luck everyone!
avocado4958
Full Member
Yeah I’m so disheartened lol. I called and asked and they said to email them so I did that, but don’t know if there’s any chances of me getting put back into the poolSame! The prereqs weren’t any issue for me for any other school so idk what the issue was
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
gracegoesvet
Grace G: Grace Goes Vet
made it past one, rejected OOS phase two! For reference, I have a 3.75 gpa 🙂 good luck to all!!!
I didn’t have any pass/fail grades. The only issue I could think of would be my prereqs having names (human biology, chemical bonding and forces, physics of mechanics, etc) rather than having the generic Biology 1, Chemistry 1, Physics 1. I’m not dwelling on it too much, still a lot more to hear back from!Did you have any pass/fail classes over covid? I see a lot of schools accepting those grades but I know Illinois doesn’t
Mine had names like that too but I moved through phase 1 so must be something else!I didn’t have any pass/fail grades. The only issue I could think of would be my prereqs having names (human biology, chemical bonding and forces, physics of mechanics, etc) rather than having the generic Biology 1, Chemistry 1, Physics 1. I’m not dwelling on it too much, still a lot more to hear back from!
Did they say in the email you didn’t make it to phase 2? mine just said moving on to. that sucks though, sure you will have luck elsewhere!!made it past one, rejected OOS phase two! For reference, I have a 3.75 gpa 🙂 good luck to all!!!
Marlee Day
Full Member
Moving on to phase 2 OOS!
same! I'm so confused.Same! The prereqs weren’t any issue for me for any other school so idk what the issue was
I am so confused. I got denied due to my prereqs but I should have everything done?
Same here. I ended up emailing them because I do believe I meet all requirements. My thoughts is that it can't hurt to just email them and have it looked into. I have two that I need to finish next semester, and per their guidelines, we are allowed up to two for Spring 2024.Just got my OOS rejection. They said I didn’t have all the prereqs which is BS because I know I do.
Good luck to everyone moving on to the next round!! Sending positive thoughts your way😊
For me it said I moved past 1 but didn’t make it past 2. Make sure you read the whole email because I was happy when I saw I moved to phase 2 but then noticed the denial…
Did they say in the email you didn’t make it to phase 2? mine just said moving on to. that sucks though, sure you will have luck elsewhere!!
futuredogtor12
Full Member
oos rejection for me too, it also said there was issues with my prereqs :/
Marlee Day
Full Member
Mine says that they will make decisions about Phase 2 in January 2024.For me it said I moved past 1 but didn’t make it past 2. Make sure you read the whole email because I was happy when I saw I moved to phase 2 but then noticed the denial…
IS, moving on to phase 2!
avocado4958
Full Member
Good to hear other people are going through the same thing haha, hopefully they give us a second chance! If not that will be super annoying considering we paid so much just to apply, and I know my prereqs are good considering I got an interview at another school with basically the same requirementsSame here. I ended up emailing them because I do believe I meet all requirements. My thoughts is that it can't hurt to just email them and have it looked into. I have two that I need to finish next semester, and per their guidelines, we are allowed up to two for Spring 2024.
Has anyone not heard back, I’m guessing these are staggered - i am OOS.
1. Never hurts to email them and make sure there wasn't a mistake. If they get 1,000 applicants, a 1% mistake rate would be 10 applicants. So doesn't hurt to check with them.
2. There was someone on this forum who last year was denied for completely not including a pre-req at all, either as previously taken or noted in the upcoming semester. If I remember correctly, they had planned on taking the class *if* they got an interview. However, there's no way for the school to know that. So all pre-reqs *need* to be either in planned courses or on transcripts as previously taken.
3. Finally, not every school accepts every undergrad institution's courses. My undergrad "survey of organic chem" would not have counted for Illinois for example. Again, only way to know is to email them.
2. There was someone on this forum who last year was denied for completely not including a pre-req at all, either as previously taken or noted in the upcoming semester. If I remember correctly, they had planned on taking the class *if* they got an interview. However, there's no way for the school to know that. So all pre-reqs *need* to be either in planned courses or on transcripts as previously taken.
3. Finally, not every school accepts every undergrad institution's courses. My undergrad "survey of organic chem" would not have counted for Illinois for example. Again, only way to know is to email them.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
gracegoesvet
Grace G: Grace Goes Vet
Yeah, said I had all the stuff completed but wasn’t numerically high enough GPA wise to make it to phase 2!Did they say in the email you didn’t make it to phase 2? mine just said moving on to. that sucks though, sure you will have luck elsewhere!!
Same thing with me! I also was on the waitlist last year so I met the requirements last year. Unsure why I was denied this year, but I emailed to ask. I'm glad it is not just me! I'm hoping this is a mistake that they will correct and we can get back in the applicant pool!I am so confused. I got denied due to my prereqs but I should have everything done?
Last edited:
Animals4Life
Full Member
OOS, passed Phase 1, onto Phase 2
Good Luck Everyone!
Good Luck Everyone!
pawsitivevibes
Full Member
i was rejected today
eleanor713
Full Member
Looking into the future- anyone know if interviews are in person or zoom
Last year they were on Zoom!Looking into the future- anyone know if interviews are in person or zoom
OOS rejection.
ohnaurcleo
Full Member
Does anyone know roughly how many people from phase 2 get interviews? Just curious what the rate is
Marlee Day
Full Member
The website says approximately 400 applicants are offered interviews (150 IS and 250 OOS)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OOS moving on to phase 2!
Has anyone done their GAP certificate program and applied this cycle?
Baylee Beasley-Callaghan
New Member
I did too. However, upon further prying, their prerequisite requirements are not posted clearly so they put my application back in the pool. They told me I was 1 hour short on inorganic chemistry. However, their requirements only state they want 16 hours total or Chem including inorganic, organic and biochem. I had 18. I wasn't having it.I am so confused. I got denied due to my prereqs but I should have everything done?
avocado4958
Full Member
I emailed them too and they said they’d get back to by Dec 12… so now I’ve lost hope lol.I did too. However, upon further prying, their prerequisite requirements are not posted clearly so they put my application back in the pool. They told me I was 1 hour short on inorganic chemistry. However, their requirements only state they want 16 hours total or Chem including inorganic, organic and biochem. I had 18. I wasn't having it.
ashley3322
New Member
I would ask again! I had a similar issue, and they emailed me yesterday saying I made it to phase I, and they're going to review it to see if I can move to phase II.I emailed them too and they said they’d get back to by Dec 12… so now I’ve lost hope lol.