Illinois C/O 2028

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Historically there has been an update around this time about passing phase 1. With the holiday this week, don't expect anything till next week at the earliest. No news is good news.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got my OOS rejection email. Good luck to those who made it forward!!

I am so confused. I got denied due to my prereqs but I should have everything done?

Reactions: 2 users
Just got the email that I made it past Phase 1(OOS)!

Reactions: 1 user
IS applicant, just got an email that I made it through phase 1 and will be moving onto phase 2!

Just got my OOS rejection. They said I didn’t have all the prereqs which is BS because I know I do.

Good luck to everyone moving on to the next round!! Sending positive thoughts your way😊

Reactions: 4 users
OOS made it through phase 1 but did not make it through phase 2. Congrats to everyone that made it and good luck to you all.

Same! The prereqs weren’t any issue for me for any other school so idk what the issue was
Did you have any pass/fail classes over covid? I see a lot of schools accepting those grades but I know Illinois doesn’t

Members don't see this ad :)
Oos made it past phase 1 but denied in phase 2! Good luck everyone!

Same! The prereqs weren’t any issue for me for any other school so idk what the issue was
Yeah I’m so disheartened lol. I called and asked and they said to email them so I did that, but don’t know if there’s any chances of me getting put back into the pool

made it past one, rejected OOS phase two! For reference, I have a 3.75 gpa :) good luck to all!!!

Did you have any pass/fail classes over covid? I see a lot of schools accepting those grades but I know Illinois doesn’t
I didn’t have any pass/fail grades. The only issue I could think of would be my prereqs having names (human biology, chemical bonding and forces, physics of mechanics, etc) rather than having the generic Biology 1, Chemistry 1, Physics 1. I’m not dwelling on it too much, still a lot more to hear back from!

I didn’t have any pass/fail grades. The only issue I could think of would be my prereqs having names (human biology, chemical bonding and forces, physics of mechanics, etc) rather than having the generic Biology 1, Chemistry 1, Physics 1. I’m not dwelling on it too much, still a lot more to hear back from!
Mine had names like that too but I moved through phase 1 so must be something else!

made it past one, rejected OOS phase two! For reference, I have a 3.75 gpa :) good luck to all!!!
Did they say in the email you didn’t make it to phase 2? mine just said moving on to. that sucks though, sure you will have luck elsewhere!!

I am so confused. I got denied due to my prereqs but I should have everything done?

Just got my OOS rejection. They said I didn’t have all the prereqs which is BS because I know I do.

Good luck to everyone moving on to the next round!! Sending positive thoughts your way😊
Same here. I ended up emailing them because I do believe I meet all requirements. My thoughts is that it can't hurt to just email them and have it looked into. I have two that I need to finish next semester, and per their guidelines, we are allowed up to two for Spring 2024.

For me it said I moved past 1 but didn’t make it past 2. Make sure you read the whole email because I was happy when I saw I moved to phase 2 but then noticed the denial…
Did they say in the email you didn’t make it to phase 2? mine just said moving on to. that sucks though, sure you will have luck elsewhere!!

For me it said I moved past 1 but didn’t make it past 2. Make sure you read the whole email because I was happy when I saw I moved to phase 2 but then noticed the denial…
Mine says that they will make decisions about Phase 2 in January 2024.

Same here. I ended up emailing them because I do believe I meet all requirements. My thoughts is that it can't hurt to just email them and have it looked into. I have two that I need to finish next semester, and per their guidelines, we are allowed up to two for Spring 2024.
Good to hear other people are going through the same thing haha, hopefully they give us a second chance! If not that will be super annoying considering we paid so much just to apply, and I know my prereqs are good considering I got an interview at another school with basically the same requirements

Has anyone not heard back, I’m guessing these are staggered - i am OOS.

1. Never hurts to email them and make sure there wasn't a mistake. If they get 1,000 applicants, a 1% mistake rate would be 10 applicants. So doesn't hurt to check with them.

2. There was someone on this forum who last year was denied for completely not including a pre-req at all, either as previously taken or noted in the upcoming semester. If I remember correctly, they had planned on taking the class *if* they got an interview. However, there's no way for the school to know that. So all pre-reqs *need* to be either in planned courses or on transcripts as previously taken.

3. Finally, not every school accepts every undergrad institution's courses. My undergrad "survey of organic chem" would not have counted for Illinois for example. Again, only way to know is to email them.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Yeah, said I had all the stuff completed but wasn’t numerically high enough GPA wise to make it to phase 2!

Same thing with me! I also was on the waitlist last year so I met the requirements last year. Unsure why I was denied this year, but I emailed to ask. I'm glad it is not just me! I'm hoping this is a mistake that they will correct and we can get back in the applicant pool!

Last edited:
Looking into the future- anyone know if interviews are in person or zoom

OOS - moving onto phase 2!

Rejected OOS, and I did their graduate program as well! Congrats to those who moved forward. Keep the faith to those who were rejected. What is meant for us will be, even if it is not when and where we expected.

Does anyone know roughly how many people from phase 2 get interviews? Just curious what the rate is

The website says approximately 400 applicants are offered interviews (150 IS and 250 OOS)

I did too. However, upon further prying, their prerequisite requirements are not posted clearly so they put my application back in the pool. They told me I was 1 hour short on inorganic chemistry. However, their requirements only state they want 16 hours total or Chem including inorganic, organic and biochem. I had 18. I wasn't having it.

I did too. However, upon further prying, their prerequisite requirements are not posted clearly so they put my application back in the pool. They told me I was 1 hour short on inorganic chemistry. However, their requirements only state they want 16 hours total or Chem including inorganic, organic and biochem. I had 18. I wasn't having it.
I emailed them too and they said they’d get back to by Dec 12… so now I’ve lost hope lol.

I emailed them too and they said they’d get back to by Dec 12… so now I’ve lost hope lol.
I would ask again! I had a similar issue, and they emailed me yesterday saying I made it to phase I, and they're going to review it to see if I can move to phase II.