Illinois

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got in too....!!!!!! So excited!!!!:soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::banana::biglove::biglove::banana::banana:

Members don't see this ad.

Wait List. Again.

Well, at least I have a "possibility" of being offered admission, this time. Last year, it was not likely.

There's still hope, I guess. Some IS could defer, maybe.

Ugh!!! I was hoping you would get right in! Fingers crossed!!!!:xf:

OMG Yay Malhi!!!! Non-trads represent!!!

Was the envelope big, little, what? Did it have anything else in it (e.g. a postcard)? I want to prepare myself! :scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
OMG Yay Malhi!!!! Non-trads represent!!!

Was the envelope big, little, what? Did it have anything else in it (e.g. a postcard)? I want to prepare myself! :scared:

It was just a standard envelope. It did have a postcard in it(the one you're supposed to fill out if you accept the offer).

Good luck!!!!:luck::luck::luck::luck:

Thanks Nyanko, :hello:

I'm hoping I'm at that number 1 or 2 spot on the list and somebody really likes somewhere else. :xf:

Man, all of my non-trad buddies are getting in. I wanna come too! :(

Thanks Nyanko, :hello:

I'm hoping I'm at that number 1 or 2 spot on the list and somebody really likes somewhere else. :xf:

Man, all of my non-trad buddies are getting in. I wanna come too! :(

U will!!! I am sure of it!!!!

Ugh!! SO frustrated! We didn't get a single piece of mail today! How come everyone else in Chicago got theirs??

:annoyed:

So instead of assigning numbers to your waitlist position, do they instead say you have a possibility or not have a possibility of being accepted? Because mine says "given your relative position on the list it is somewhat unlikely that you will be offered admission." I'm so confused, why don't they just give numbers then? Does anyone know if this means I really don't have a chance? Do other people's letters say they do have a possibility of getting offered admission? I would appreciate any enlightenment.

Thanks.

So instead of assigning numbers to your waitlist position, do they instead say you have a possibility or not have a possibility of being accepted? Because mine says "given your relative position on the list it is somewhat unlikely that you will be offered admission." I'm so confused, why don't they just give numbers then? Does anyone know if this means I really don't have a chance? Do other people's letters say they do have a possibility of getting offered admission? I would appreciate any enlightenment.

Thanks.

Last year I got the same letter as you, this year I got one that said "given my relative position I have a possibility of being offered admission". I assume they can't give you a number because after the 15th they may review the list. But I'm not an admissions counselor. Last year when I talked with Mary, in the post mortem, she gave me my position, 28 from the last admitted. Hope that helps somewhat.

Last year I got the same letter as you, this year I got one that said "given my relative position I have a possibility of being offered admission". I assume they can't give you a number because after the 15th they may review the list. But I'm not an admissions counselor. Last year when I talked with Mary, in the post mortem, she gave me my position, 28 from the last admitted. Hope that helps somewhat.

Thanks, that makes more sense. Do we have any idea about how many people they would put on the waitlist?

I haven't gotten my decision yet so I'm still hoping for the best, but in general does anyone know if Illinois goes pretty far into their OOS waitlist after the 15th?

Do we have any idea about how many people they would put on the waitlist?

I could be totally wrong, but from their information session at the interviews I got the impression everyone who interviews but doesn't get accepted right away is put on the alternate list.

I could be totally wrong, but from their information session at the interviews I got the impression everyone who interviews but doesn't get accepted right away is put on the alternate list.
This is true.

I talked to Mary Kelm (the academic advisor for the vet school), and she said that the University of Illinois has some policy where they can't tell people what rank they are. So instead, they hint at your relative position. So, "unlikely" means near the end of the list, and "possible" means near the middle, and "likely" means near the beginning. It stinks that you don't know the exact number, though. >.<

Also,

CONGRATULATIONS MALHI AND GENGHIS! Woo-hoo!:D:D:D

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to equus, Genghis and Malhi!!

These are the numbers I wrote down from the presentation:

Class size: 120 (~95 IS, 25 OOS)
Offers given to ~95 IS, ~60-80 OOS

If I remember correctly, something was said about having to accept that much to fill the 25 OOS seats...but I don't remember anything about how far they go into the waitlist.

Back to waiting...seems like I might know tomorrow. But for now, I'm doing some hypothetical financial planning for the next 4 years...:scared:

Hey all,

I just got my acceptance letter (OOS). It was kind of weird though because the letter was not sealed at all...

Good luck to everyone still waiting and to everyone on the waitlist!!!

Congrats elefante! Where are you located?

Congrats elefante!

Ahhh it's so hard waiting knowing that my letter is floating around the USPS somewhere. Come on letter, find your way to CA today please!!!

I am in Indiana so the letter didn't have to go too far. That being said though, the mail always seems to be slow to get to me- including my Purdue interview invite that only had to go a few blocks.

Got mine in Kansas too -- waitlisted with it being somewhat unlikely that I would be offered admissions.

Heh. Was expecting that. At least it was a nicer letter than the one I got before from the school to the North. I put my postcard declining the position in the mail as well, so that will be sent on Monday. Don't know if it'll help anyone, but maybe it will.

So, best of luck to everyone else on their journey with Illinois!!

hey i'm OOS and probably will decline my acceptance so that'll open up a spot for one of you alternates!

Bummer, SmallandLA. I was rooting for you! Congrats on Kansas State!

Aw, thanks Ben and Me! :) I appreciate it. My family and my vet are going to be happy that I stayed in Kansas, so it's for the best. And I get to advise pre-vets in the same major as me, so that's an opportunity I'm looking forward to as well here.

I might try to apply to extern/internships at IL though...I really liked the facilities and the area.

(And I'm sending as much good karma as I can your way for NC! :thumbup:)

/hijack, lol

Yayyyyyy Luna!!!!!:clap::clap::highfive::highfive:

Thanks, Malhi!! Can't wait to be classmates!!!

I got in too! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (if there was ever a time for too many exclamation points, this is it!)

I totally didn't expect to get the letter today either but I went out to check the mail hoping and there it was, wooo!

I'm in Oregon, btw : )

Good Luck to everyone else waiting to hear!

I got in!!! This is my first acceptance so I had no choice but to rip that envelope open and jump all around my house!!! I actually got in and one day I'm gonna be a vet!!!

I'm OOS and in the SF Bay Area, just FYI!!

Congrats everyone!! Maybe I'll be able to join the celebration if I ever get my letter!

CONGRATS stick, bunnyslippers, lunazzurra and elephante!:highfive::hardy::claps:

Doc, we're rootin' for you!:luck:

Congratulations everyone!

I got in!!! This is my first acceptance so I had no choice but to rip that envelope open and jump all around my house!!! I actually got in and one day I'm gonna be a vet!!!

I'm OOS and in the SF Bay Area, just FYI!!

Oh, what?! Where's a letter for me!!! :confused: Well-- I am in the East Bay too, but the northern, unincorporated part of West Contra Costa Co. so, yeah, looks like I'm gonna have to wait until Monday to find out what kind of letter I'm getting.... ohhhh well

and CONGRATS to all accepted applicants!!!

stick- do you think you're going to choose UIUC, or are you still holding out for your IS school?

Still nothing in So Cal.....Oh, the agony! I have been watching my mail for way too long!

stick- do you think you're going to choose UIUC, or are you still holding out for your IS school?

Well I won't be making any final decision until I hear from everyone. I should hear from Oregon State pretty soon and UGA (not super hopeful for that one, heh) so if I get into both I will have some deciding to do! Leaning towards OSU for the obvious financial reason...

just spoke with someone in admissions who said the status pages will change today. So all of us still waiting on the mail should get some news today regardless

Anyone started a facebook group for our class yet?

I GOT IN! I'm going to be a doctor!:D:D

Grats Doc!!! :)

Did you get your acceptance in the mail or from the status page?

Congratulations equus, Genghis, stick, bunnyslippers, elephante and DocDVMD!!!!
:clap::clap::clap::clap::highfive:

Have all of you decided whether u r going to IL for sure?

I'm new to this but just wanted to let you all know that the status page has been updated!! I got in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:laugh::laugh:

I'm new to this but just wanted to let you all know that the status page has been updated!! I got in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:laugh::laugh:

Congratulations equus, Genghis, stick, bunnyslippers, elephante and DocDVMD!!!!
:clap::clap::clap::clap::highfive:

Have all of you decided whether u r going to IL for sure?

Not a clue. I've got a lot of factors going in to the decision such as where my SO gets into grad school. Its not too likely that I'll know much before April 15th.

I was waitlisted at Mississippi State so I'm waiting to hear from them...and even if I do get in I'm not 100% where I want to go, I'm leaning towards MSU but I really don't know

I got in!!! I hate being out if town when letters come