This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG I just made a terrible mistake - wrote a wrong name in my LOI :(................................................................
I wrote that I am interested in Mount Auburn in the mail for NYP columbia...
Does anyone know how to cancel e-mail on G-mail?

Members don't see this ad.

OMG I just made a terrible mistake - wrote a wrong name in my LOI :(................................................................
if you already sent it, nothing you can do. Just say bye bye to that program. It happpens.

I would not try to contact anyone to correct this. Hopefully they never read it.

Members don't see this ad :)
So I decided not to refresh SDN today
To make you feel better, I wrote LOI of IM to a FM program the other day. And Oh, That went well.

Got this message in Eras- What does it mean (if anything)?

Please note that all applications for our Internal Medicine Residency here at Beaumont Hospital, Dearborn have been reviewed and interview invitations have been extended to those candidates that have been chosen to interview for a categorical or preliminary spot in our program. Please note that I will continue to monitor the applications very closely for interview spots that are available due to additional openings or cancellation.

Got this message in Eras- What does it mean (if anything)?

Please note that all applications for our Internal Medicine Residency here at Beaumont Hospital, Dearborn have been reviewed and interview invitations have been extended to those candidates that have been chosen to interview for a categorical or preliminary spot in our program. Please note that I will continue to monitor the applications very closely for interview spots that are available due to additional openings or cancellation.

Sounds like it says 'we're full at the moment but if spots open up such as if there is a cancellation and you are the right candidate, we will let you know'

Reactions: 1 users
So I decided not to refresh SDN today

To make you feel better, I wrote LOI of IM to a FM program the other day. And Oh, That went well.
One way to prevent this is to make canned responses in Gmail and replacing program names, specialties or any other variables with dashes so you change them with every email that you send. That's an infallible strategy.

Reactions: 1 users

made a similar mistake the ither day, only i did not write a program’s name but had university written in paracenthesis :) If this makes you feel better :)

One way to prevent this is to make canned responses in Gmail and replacing program names, specialties or any other variables with dashes so you change them with every email that you send. That's an infallible strategy.
also do all your IM first then all your FM

I have sent 200 and got 2 invites and waiting list. I think you need to do a lot more.

My state ignores me too haha

Dont you have 7 IVs already? Stay positive, just keep sending out emails.

Hey! Thanks. I dp have seven but only 3 in area of interest (i have a family so this is worrisome for me). Also- 200 LOI? You personalized all of them? really?? wow

I wrote a very personalised email to a program highlighting why I thought I would be a great fit and why it was one of my dream programs for training. I did that three weeks ago I guess. Included my AAMC details as well. To conclude it was arguably the best love letter I have ever written.
Yesterday I realised that I hadn’t applied to that program. :nailbiting:

Reactions: 7 users

I would actually recommend not copying and pasting the message over and over again and instead write a brief personalized email to the program. No PD is going to read more than a paragraph (or maybe 2 short ones) in an email; they don't have the time. I've heard this from many many faculty members.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
+1 st Elizabeth Younstown, ohio
Congrats!!

Interesting...I just got an email from them saying thanks for applying and we are looking into all the apps as we got over 3000 this season. Also mentioned that interviews are sent on a rolling bases and don't ask for any updates etc.

St Elizabeth Youngstown OH acknowledgment

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats!!

Interesting...I just got an email from them saying thanks for applying and we are looking into all the apps as we got over 3000 this season. Also mentioned that interviews are sent on a rolling bases and don't ask for any updates etc.
same

more often than not, they won't open it
names aren't similar so you can't reply with; sorry it was autocorrect
if you go on gmail settings and enable undo, you can have up to 5 seconds to undo sent email (for the future), but other than that no way of undo-ing emails

sent about 70 LOI's today, so far;

-Danbury Hospital ->rejection
-Centegra/Chicago Med School -> rejection
-Akron General -> all spots finished
-Canton Medical Center -> all spots finished
-St Elizabeth Youngstown -> currently reviewing applications (everyone got this)

Congrats!!

Maybe they just started reviewing applications!

I sent LOI to Danbury and Centegra.... haven't heard back yet.
I did apply to Centegra late though

I doubt it will make that much difference Columbia Pres isn't exactly I/FMG friendly...but make sure your Mt Auburn one is correct...they are more I/FMG friendly.

So wait if we received the Beaumont Dearborn email today it means we’re on hold? I thought it was a rejection.

I'm probably not in the first wave of applications they are looking at?
Still no interviews yet........ Are my stats THAT bad?

could be either 1) they haven't reviewed your app yet, or 2) they just haven't gotten around to email you like they did me, since the coordinator replied about my rejection right after I sent the LOI, being my email was brand new email in her inbox

could be either 1) they haven't reviewed your app yet, or 2) they just haven't gotten around to email you like they did me, since the coordinator replied about my rejection right after I sent the LOI, being my email was brand new email in her inbox
I sent my LOI 2-3 days ago.

Anyone hear anything from Connecticut Institute for Communities/Greater Danbury Community Health Center Program?

So wait if we received the Beaumont Dearborn email today it means we’re on hold? I thought it was a rejection.
Looks like polite rejection to me...They didn't say that our application is on hold..they just said that if spots open up we will monitor applications which is a general statement...

sent about 70 LOI's today, so far;

-Danbury Hospital ->rejection
-Centegra/Chicago Med School -> rejection
-Akron General -> all spots finished
-Canton Medical Center -> all spots finished
-St Elizabeth Youngstown -> currently reviewing applications (everyone got this)

Who did you send your Danbury LOI to? Also, how soon after didnyou receive a rejection? And do you mind sharing your stats? USIMG/ Non Us and scores please thanks...

Who did you send your Danbury LOI to? Also, how soon after didnyou receive a rejection? And do you mind sharing your stats? USIMG/ Non Us and scores please thanks...

Got the rejection within minutes of sending (don't know if they have spots or not, they just said they are unable to offer me IV at this time)
by the way I'm reffering to the Danbury hospital in Connecticut.

sure, my stats are;
228/229/step 3 not yet/CS pass 1st attempt
Canadian IMG Carribean student Visa needed
3 US LOR
2 posters
YOG 2018
not yet ECFMG certified

Got the rejection within minutes of sending (don't know if they have spots or not, they just said they are unable to offer me IV at this time)
by the way I'm reffering to the Danbury hospital in Connecticut.

sure, my stats are;
228/229/step 3 not yet/CS pass 1st attempt
Canadian IMG Carribean student Visa needed
3 US LOR
2 posters
YOG 2018
not yet ECFMG certified

Your stats are better than mine . Maybe the only thing that might help me is the fact that I was a student there... but who knows!

Your stats are better than mine . Maybe the only thing that might help me is the fact that I was a student there... but who knows!
You did rotation here which is a big big big plus. And freshly grad.

definitely if you do rotations somewhere you have a high chance of getting in, that being said I'm still mourning over my medstar rejection a little bit did some rotations there oh well sometimes it isn't enough

definitely if you do rotations somewhere you have a high chance of getting in, that being said I'm still mourning over my medstar rejection a little bit did some rotations there oh well sometimes it isn't enough
Maybe you could try emailing them again in case they just missed your email. Remind them you rotated and how great it was there. It can't hurt you. Send to coordinators and PD. Thats what I would do. Also you could try contacting your attending and see if he can put in a word for you. Good luck.

I feel for you man. I just did a 6 week rotation at a hospital in IM, got a LoR, my attending even called the PD and 2 faculty members, I have not been rejected but no invite :(

Maybe you could try emailing them again in case they just missed your email. Remind them you rotated and how great it was there. It can't hurt you. Send to coordinators and PD. Thats what I would do.

they did acknowledge my email before the rejection email, but you're right, it's worth another try, even though they mentioned waiting list is full, worth another try since I have a connection to them

they did acknowledge my email before the rejection email, but you're right, it's worth another try, even though they mentioned waiting list is full, worth another try since I have a connection to them
Was it a generic acknowledgement?

Status
Not open for further replies.