IMG Internal Medicine Applicants - Match 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey guys I just found this group. Here’s my stats:

US IMG (non Caribbean student)
238/233/ CS first pass
11 Pubmed publications, 3 poster presentations
YOG: 2018
So far 8 IVs, 9 rejections, 14 acknowledgements

Since my MSPE has been released, the interviews have slowed down. This process is crazy and full of anxiety. I hope we all get more interviews soon!

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys I just found this group. Here’s my stats:

US IMG (non Caribbean student)
238/233/ CS first pass
11 Pubmed publications, 3 poster presentations
YOG: 2018
So far 8 IVs, 9 rejections, 14 acknowledgements

Since my MSPE has been released, the interviews have slowed down. This process is crazy and full of anxiety. I hope we all get more interviews soon!
Welcome

Reactions: 1 user
Hi guys. Related to interviews, I have a kind of a blog on Instagram where I post random pictures of me with long funny captions. Do you think I should bring that up in my interviews ORRR do you think I should totally hide my social media presence? I have around 12k followers! I didn’t mention this as a hobby in my ERAS CV. Now I’m thinking I should’ve.

Good morning and good luck to all. I have a questions to all of you out there who are gifted with statistics :) According to the NRMP data, the median number of interviews for IMGs who matched vs the ones who did not last year is 7. Of course, this all varies and is dependent upon numerous factors, I understand that. However, I have the following question: I have 8 IVs right now, but they are spread across three different specialties: 2 FM, 2 IM and 4 Pathology. I had to apply very broadly because I have an attempt in CS. All the invites are from University programs but 1, so I am concerned about them being too competitive. I have a ton of research and most of them are strong in research and I guess maybe that is why they extended invites. Anyhow, long story short, is having 7 interviews total, regardless of specialty, enough to give me a good statistical chance? I know they are people with 1 interview who matched and those with many that didn't. I realize it is hard to predict, but would appreciate any input. Thanks.

Good morning and good luck to all. I have a questions to all of you out there who are gifted with statistics :) According to the NRMP data, the median number of interviews for IMGs who matched vs the ones who did not last year is 7. Of course, this all varies and is dependent upon numerous factors, I understand that. However, I have the following question: I have 8 IVs right now, but they are spread across three different specialties: 2 FM, 2 IM and 4 Pathology. I had to apply very broadly because I have an attempt in CS. All the invites are from University programs but 1, so I am concerned about them being too competitive. I have a ton of research and most of them are strong in research and I guess maybe that is why they extended invites. Anyhow, long story short, is having 7 interviews total, regardless of specialty, enough to give me a good statistical chance? I know they are people with 1 interview who matched and those with many that didn't. I realize it is hard to predict, but would appreciate any input. Thanks.
IIRC, it has to be 7 contiguous ranks

Hi guys. Related to interviews, I have a kind of a blog on Instagram where I post random pictures of me with long funny captions. Do you think I should bring that up in my interviews ORRR do you think I should totally hide my social media presence? I have around 12k followers! I didn’t mention this as a hobby in my ERAS CV. Now I’m thinking I should’ve.
You should probably take it down or at least consider reviewing the posts for anything that could be considered offensive.

Reactions: 2 users
Impossible, hard to predict my guy , stop stressing this post Is not well though out.

There is no such thing as a "good statistical chance". Just keep walking.

I understand how you feel, but statistics is not that helpful in this process. It might give you peace of mind, but I think that would be a double edge sword and might cause you to act as you otherwise would not.. Fear is important lol.. You only need one good interview, I know a guy who got 20 and matched in his number 13 because of his cockiness in the numbers. Put your best foot forward in every interview and treat every place as if is the one you will be part of for 3 years (or more).. At least that is my philosophy now.

EDIT: Going back to statistics, matching in your #13 is very unlikely.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Did anybody else receive a second IV invite from St Luke's after already having scheduled? I'm assuming that's a mistake?! :D

Did anybody else receive a second IV invite from St Luke's after already having scheduled? I'm assuming that's a mistake?! :D
I think they have two programs, check to see is not the same one ‍

-2 rejection from Legacy in Portland
+3 IV billings clinic

Has anyone received invites from osteopathic programs? Or any programs in AZ?

Does any Spanish-speaking individual know anything about Puerto Rico programs??? What's up with those??? They never answer and I have never heard about anyone receiving an IV from there! Do they only IV people from PR???
As someone said before, they usually take candidates from PR unless you are recommended by someone in the program. I know that most programs take their time and interview can come late October or November. I’m also applying in PR so I’ll let you know it I get anything, but I did an internship there so that may increase my chances of an interview

Anyone gets IV from Richmond university medical center program?

guys so far I have 5 invites and 2 waitlists. Do I need to do anything else for the waitlists or they'll update me on it themselves? and historically speaking do people cancel IVs later on and waitlist people get a chance ?

Oh boy... silenter Wednesday following a silent Tuesday. What to expect for tomorrow?
Yeah, I know it's not a word.

Reactions: 4 users
+ Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell at Staten Island University Hospital

Reactions: 7 users
Do you guys respond to interview invitations? Do we email the program coordinator saying thank you, or does it suffice to just accept the interview on ERAS?

Do you guys respond to interview invitations? Do we email the program coordinator saying thank you, or does it suffice to just accept the interview on ERAS?

Just accept the IV. They are usually overwhelmed with calls and emails after sending out invites from people who email because they have problems signing up, no available dates, or none of the dates offer fit their schedule etc

Reactions: 1 users
I’m just so scared I won’t make it. This is all that I have on my mind and seeing people get invites (congratulations to those who are!) is nerve wrecking. Good luck to all of us! Let’s stay strong :censored:

Reactions: 3 users
I’m just so scared I won’t make it. This is all that I have on my mind and seeing people get invites (congratulations to those who are!) is nerve wrecking. Good luck to all of us! Let’s stay strong :censored:
I feel you on this one. Riding the same boat atm

nothing for today as of yet.
on Monday got invites around 5 pm ET....waiting for that time lol

Non-US IMG here.
Step 1: 25x
Step 2: 25x
CS: 1st pass
YOG: 2017
No pubs.

Calls so far:-
1. Bronxcare
2. Canton Medical education foundation
3. Lincoln
4. CMU Saginaw
5. Westchester Medical Center
6. Rochester unity hospital
7. Charlestion WVU
8. St. Mary's Waterbury.

Reactions: 5 users
I feel you on this one. Riding the same boat atm
In the same boat here, it's a matter of time before we get some action. I am not even getting rejection. I applied to 170 programs and got only 1 rejection from MedStar Baltimore yesterday.

One quick question:
Do I get any reply, invitation or rejection, before the end of this cycle?
Let's say I have applied to 100 programs and get N invitations, then do I get 100-N rejection mails?
Or do some programs never get back to you in any way?
Just wondering if I have to buy additional storage for my 'rejection' account lol.

Last edited:
One quick question:
Let's say I have applied to 100 programs and get N invitations, then do I get 100-N rejection mails?
Just wondering if I have to buy additional storage for my 'rejection' account lol.

Most don't say a thing... I take rejections as a positive thing (compared to nothing), worst case means that they at least saw your email and had to copy and paste lol .. Best case you actually had a chance (because they saw your app and compared it. kind of a good enough to be seen). Anyone with more experience please correct me if I am wrong.

One quick question:
I called a few progs and they said if you are rejected you wont hear from us at all