Interview with Minnesota for MHA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kang

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I've got an interview coming up with Minnesota and I was wondering if anyone has interviewed with them before so that I could get an idea. I applied for the MHA program and I believe they interview all MHA applicants, not sure though. Thanks for your help!

Members don't see this ad.

i don't know if this applies to minnesota's mha program, but i was told that getting an interview with unc chapel hill's mha program was a good sign. hope that alleviates concerns?

i don't know if this applies to minnesota's mha program, but i was told that getting an interview with unc chapel hill's mha program was a good sign. hope that alleviates concerns?

Sure does,thanks :) I knew that they conducted interviews but I dont know if this means they interview each applicant. So wondered.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats! How long did it take for them to respond once your application was in?

Congrats! How long did it take for them to respond once your application was in?

I applied mid december and priority but they had a break going on so I only heard from them after nearly a month. Have you applied there too? I somehow havent seen too many people who've applied to Minnesota!

I applied mid december and priority but they had a break going on so I only heard from them after nearly a month. Have you applied there too? I somehow havent seen too many people who've applied to Minnesota!

I applied to Minnesota, but for an MPH. I actually went there for undergrad, so it is unlikely that I will be staying there for graduate school. I can answer questions about the city or the school, but I don't have too much hands on experience with the School of Public Health. Good luck with your interview!

I applied to Minnesota, but for an MPH. I actually went there for undergrad, so it is unlikely that I will be staying there for graduate school. I can answer questions about the city or the school, but I don't have too much hands on experience with the School of Public Health. Good luck with your interview!

I've applied for an MPH too but they've told me that they'd be sending information later. What MPH concentration did you apply for? Ive applied for health policy and administration. Thanks!

I applied for Community Health Education and would like to complete the Global Health Interdisciplinary Concentration if I end up going there. I haven't heard back from them yet.

It seems like places tend to interview for Health Policy and Admin more than any other concentrations. I kind of wish they did interviews for other concentrations because I think it is a great way to give them more info about yourself.

Good luck with your interview!

I was offered an interview at Minnesota as well for the MHA program and will interview of the 22nd of this month

I had my interview a few days ago. Let me know if you want any information although mine was telephonic.

Got admitted :) yay! :D

I applied for this program as well. So what can you tell me about the school and the city? Do you like it there? Is it too cold? How are living expenses?
I'm from texas and I applied to places away from home, I want to get out of the south; though I am not ignorant to other areas of the US, i just like a bit of change, excitement,and living away from parents.

I currently live in Minneapolis and used to live in Dallas for a bit, actually. I am going to be honest. It is dang cold here. It also gets pretty hot and humid in the summer. Although spring, summer, and fall are a lot nicer than right now. BRRRRR.

That being said, I love Minnesota. The state is beautiful- lots of open spaces with forests, farms, and lakes. Minneapolis is a vibrant city with a lot to do whether you like music, art museums, restaurants, or just hanging out.

I went to the U for undergrad and took some classes there in high school. It is a BIG school, so it felt overwhelming for me at first, but the benefits are amazing. There is a wide range of classes to take within the University so you can take classes that are specific and interesting to you. It's also inexpensive to attend; I think even for people who are paying "out-of-state" tuition.

I don't have a ton of experience with the School of Public Health. I have a few co-workers that went there and liked it. I also attended one of their round table conferences and that was fascinating. The profs that presented seemed enthusiastic about public health and psyched about their subject areas. It is also in the "top ten" of the grad school rankings and seems to have some national recognition that it is a decent program.

Good luck with the decision making!

Members don't see this ad :)
Guys...

I have an interview with Texas for MHA..What kind of question should i expect?

please help.

If any one's still looking at this thread, I need some help. I have an interview with Minnesota and St. Louis University for the MHA program, and I want to be well preparred for it. What kind of questions should I expect? Any help would be appreciated.

Guys...

I have an interview with Texas for MHA..What kind of question should i expect?

please help.

I got a phone interview for the MPH in Health Admin, and they just asked stuff like 'where do u see yourself in 5 years' 'why public health', nothing special. I think I answered not too well becuz i was so nervous, but I got in =) Good luck!

just got in to UofMinn and SLU! Going to Minnesota I think. Thanks for the help.

Hi
My name is Samantha. I am from India.
How are you. Belated congratulations on your admission.
Did you decide to go to UMN for MHA?

I am having an interview very soon at UMN for MHA. Could you please give me some information about what to expect in the interview. Any information
about what kind of questions to expect and what questions you had for the interview panel , something like that. I am having a personal interview since I am in USA.

Please respond at the earliest.

Thanks much in advance.

Has anyone had the chance to interview with the University of Minnesota this year for their MHA program? Seedont gave me some great insight about the program in the past, but I'm interested to know how the process went this year. My interview with them is next week. Any insight would be extremely helpful in preparing for the interview so I know a little of what to expect.

Thanks everyone.

Hey Sparty19 how did your interview with Minnesota go? I interview with them in March; I'd love to know what to expect! Thank you!

seedont, can you also send me some advice on the interview with UMN for the MHA program? I have an interview March 12th and I am starting to panic!!

I know this thread is from last year, but I have an interview with Minnesota's MHA program, can anybody give me advice on the interview and the type of questions they ask?

I just interviewed with them this week, and I found out I got accepted the next day. They really ask why you want an MHA... why Minnesota... what you plan to do in 5 years etc. They asked me a lot about my academic background since I'm a business major and not anything healthcare related. It was on the phone pretty easy going. About 40 mins.

what kind of stats/experience does everyone have that's getting in?

Hi Everyone!

I have an interview for the MHA program in a few weeks and I was wondering if anyone could share their experiences? I am very curious about the panel interview. Also, I saw on the Minnesota MHA website that they already have stats for their incoming 2011 program.

http://www.sph.umn.edu/programs/MHA/profiles.asp

How can they have this information if they are still interviewing applicants?

Hi Everyone!

I have an interview for the MHA program in a few weeks and I was wondering if anyone could share their experiences? I am very curious about the panel interview. Also, I saw on the Minnesota MHA website that they already have stats for their incoming 2011 program.

http://www.sph.umn.edu/programs/MHA/profiles.asp

How can they have this information if they are still interviewing applicants?
Well I just had my interview last week and I have already been accepted... so that is why they already have stats for 2011. My interview went really well. They basically ask questions about why MHA? Why Minnesota? What do you want to do with your degree? Where do you want to be in 5 years? And they will probably ask you things specific about your background. PM me if you have more specific questions!

thanks a lot for the insight ashleyleah 15, my interview is on Monday. I hope I get in

thanks a lot for the insight ashleyleah 15, my interview is on Monday. I hope I get in
No problem! I'm sure you will do awesome! Minnesota has been so welcoming since I have been accepted. Is it your first choice?

hi!
i have applied to the MhA program at following universities. can someone tell me which ones to select amongst those?
1) uni of texas A & M
2) uni of south florida
3) saint louis uni

Thank you.

No problem! I'm sure you will do awesome! Minnesota has been so welcoming since I have been accepted. Is it your first choice?

thanks so much again for all of your help ashleyleah15. I got accepted and you're right...They are extremely welcoming...I'm just so torn because I really want to do Teach For America as well....so I'm not sure...I'll do which ever one feels right when I have to make that final decision.

I have an interview with the University of Minnesota this upcoming Friday and would appreciate any last second advice for the interview. At this point I've been doing a pretty good job of keeping up with health related current events, met with some local administrators and done plenty of reading.