Interviews yet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
although this might incite a little paranoia...watch your hotmail. I had 2 programs call me this morning within two hours of each other who had attempted to email me invites in early october, which I never received. unsettling, to say the least!

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah, I've been out of town for a month, so if anyone's tried to mail me anything, I'm SOL.

I have gotten these by email (or in person) though:

Allegheny General
Duke
St Luke's (PA)
St Vincent's
Thomas Jefferson
York/PSU

Dean's letter just got posted today, so next week should be big.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, I have to laugh to see that 4 programs have downloaded the Dean's Letter by 3am here on the east coast.....Hey What am I doing up at 5am, and I am not on call.....ummmm....must be sleep walking.

Deans letters released on ERAS. Several programs have downloaded mine at interesting times: Nov-1 12:09 am, 1:31 am, etc...

Good luck everyone!

Dwgs

What programs are downloading now?

Originally posted by wick215
What programs are downloading now?

Univ of Michigan is the only one who has downloaded my Dean's letter. I've already scheduled an interview with them last week.

My Dean's letter was scanned in at 5:30 this morning! Our student affairs representative is really on top of things.

So far...

UCONN
Christiana
UMASS
East Carolina

dwgs

Originally posted by QuinnNSU
Are the Dean's Letters out?

My school hasn't uploaded my dean's letter yet - frustrating.

It seems like most of the programs have downloaded my deans letter.

I heard from Indiana (e-mail) and Ohio St (mail) today.

Still waiting on Christiana and UVA.

Good luck!

-P

Its all quiet on the Western Front, man, where are the posts... I know I've been MIA for a while but sheesh-louise.
Q, DO

Members don't see this ad :)
still waiting..........

I have to be setting some kind of email/eras message center record for most viewings in an hour. still no new 'views though. however, I guess it IS only monday (...it IS only early January...)

Originally posted by kungfufishing
I have to be setting some kind of email/eras message center record for most viewings in an hour. still no new 'views though.

No chance. The record is MINE! I even listed it on my CV. Is that bad?

:D

- H

see, I went to college on an email checking scholarship. there is no chance an amateur like yourself could touch my record.

no interviews in the past hour.

just got Beth Israel Deaconess/Harvard.

I'm really waiting for Stony Brook and Baystate. Has anyone heard from these programs yet?

UCLA-Harbor - phone
University of Arizona -e-mail and message center
Mayo - e-mail and message center today

Well, got my first rejection from Indiana. Hope not too many more of these.

So far....

Duke
Univ of Maryland
USF - Tampa

Good luck to all

add cincinnati to the list

just and observation and comment on a previous post. someone earlier wrote

" if you start seeing places you applied to on this list/thread, and you haven't heard, chances are that you aren't getting an interview and possibily won't even get that reject letter."

from the sound of the post, they are an EM resident somewhere...so they probably know alot more than me. however, that statement is a bit discouraging, and quite possibly untrue. i noticed JJS's list above included "mayo - today". i heard from mayo about two weeks ago and accepted their invite. now i don't know JJS, but from his list of mayo, ucla-harbor, and arizona ...he is obviously a strong candidate. why i got mayo two weeks before him is unknown....i still have not heard from AZ....but one thing is clear, there was a two week overlap....so to say when one sees a post and you havn't got an invite, then you probably won't get one seems a bit premature. enough rambling....best of luck to all

Good point Greatdane. I think the origional poster meant that if you had not heard from that program late in the season than forget it, but I find myself getting too worked up when people get interviews at programs I have not heard from. People never say if they are from that school or did a rotation their either and who knows what goes through the programs mind. If Quin can sort applications, than I know their is some weird **** going on.

On a brighter note, add University of Pittsburgh (e-mail) and Geisinger (e-mail) to the list.

Good luck!

-P

Originally posted by QuinnNSU
Its all quiet on the Western Front, man, where are the posts... I know I've been MIA for a while but sheesh-louise.
Q, DO

Here are the quotes? WHERE ARE THE OFFERS!?!?

I was kinda hoping for an opening of the floodgates after MSPEs went out...

Oh well.

Still Waiting...

{nervous grin & chuckle}

- H

Just out of curiousity (since they don't tell us interns anything), anyone heard from/applied to Drexel?

Congrats to all and good luck with those interviews!

I applied to most of the Philly school and have heard from Jefferson, U-Penn and Temple, but no Drexel. You need to tell your people to get off their lazy butts!

-P

Originally posted by FoughtFyr
Here are the quotes? WHERE ARE THE OFFERS!?!?

I was kinda hoping for an opening of the floodgates after MSPEs went out...

- H

Me too! Bring it on.
At least somewhat reassuring that there were no floodgates opening here either! Good luck to everyone!

Clearly ERAS is simply not passing on the hundreds of invitations we've each received. It's obviously some sort of "message center" plot to make us all seem paranoid, when really, we're just persecuted.

Indiana and Newark/Beth-Israel today via eras and email
Wayne State-Detroit Recieving via snail mail

UCONN-REJECTED today....so what

Originally posted by Pelivar
who knows what goes through the programs mind. If Quin can sort applications, than I know their is some weird **** going on.-P

Good point. There is indeed weird stuff going on if I am helping interview and review candidates. However, we are a brand new program with a PD who wants us involved from the ground up. We also are a very small program, 6 a year, 18 total, so it would bring more of a "family" sense to have our input. How much does our input probably count? Not much, I have a feeling, but atleast we are given a "token" input.

Q< DO

I think ERAS has my contact info. How else would you explain the total silence that I am currently enduring.
-B:confused:

well, a minimum of 68 programs sent their first batch of invites pre-11/1 so this lull is understandable.

well, looks like the dean's letter was'nt too good for me! Got 3 rejections on the first day alone!! BRING EM ON!
Indiana
U of Conn
Sinai-Grace

will there be more today? i wonder

samdaman,

anything in your dean's letter that might have hurt you? Mine gave my ranking, very low. I only have two interviews to date, so this week is killing me!!!

Here's my list thus far:
UC Davis
Indiana
Hennepin
Baystate
U Mass
U Pitt
U Fl Jacksonville
U of New Mexico

Here's mine so far...

St. Luke's (Pa.)
Maine
MCV
Duke
York (Pa.)
UVA
Allegheny
UMass
Tampa

Gettin' a whole lotta nuthin' since Nov 1st.

Originally posted by GCS:3
Yeah, I've been out of town for a month, so if anyone's tried to mail me anything, I'm SOL.

I have gotten these by email (or in person) though:

Allegheny General --> DONE
Duke
St Luke's (PA) --> DONE
St Vincent's
Thomas Jefferson
York/PSU

Dean's letter just got posted today, so next week should be big.

Not as big as I'd hoped, seems to be the trend. All I can add is U of Rochester (by ERAS)

My post-Dean's letter offers thus far:
Regions
Duke
UMKC

Originally posted by Dr. Cowboy
UMKC

Cowboy - ask about the ICU & your off-service rotations at UMKC. A friend of mine did EM there & I heard his horror stories about how poorly the ICU was managed which in turn became the intern's pain. Ask the residents there - they should give you fairly good gauge on how it is now.

wick,

My dean's letter is infact pretty good. There is absolutely nothing there to hurt my application. However, I think what goes against me is the fact that I am an FMG and I have visa issues...
Its not fair... but I guess thats the way it is. I have two interviews as well so far..
Best of luck!

Hey! Just got an invite from Washington University in St. Louis!! I'm guessing by today (Wednesday) people have printed out all the dean's letters and most of them have been reviewed by most programs, which should mean a whole lot more stuff for people and a considerable decline in the frustration we've all been feeling since Nov 1...so far for me it's

Mayo
SUNY Brooklyn
Brown
GWU
Wash U

Hope everyone gets some good news today!

count me in for Wash U

Beth Israel Deaconess :cool:

West Virginia (e-mail)

14/23 have offered me interviews but I am still waiting on 3 places I want to interview.

-P

Case Western Reserve University