iowa c/o 2015 applicants!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know when they start calling people off the waitlist if we do wind up getting waitlisted? Do they wait until April 15th or do they starting calling as soon as people send in their non-acceptance forms?

Members don't see this ad :)
One week from today!!!! :)I have class straight thru from 8:30am -5pm on tuesdays and I'm torn between taking my laptop to check in the 5min between class or waiting til the end of the day...either way I don't I will be able to focus :p.
Not sure about the waitlist thing, I know one of the girls I talked to said she got called 5 days before graduation from undergrad...so I'm assuming May at the latest. ISU seems VERY organized and understanding about how stressful this whole process is, so I wouldn't be surprised if they contacted us before the April 15th.

One week from today!!!! :)I have class straight thru from 8:30am -5pm on tuesdays and I'm torn between taking my laptop to check in the 5min between class or waiting til the end of the day...either way I don't I will be able to focus :p.
Not sure about the waitlist thing, I know one of the girls I talked to said she got called 5 days before graduation from undergrad...so I'm assuming May at the latest. ISU seems VERY organized and understanding about how stressful this whole process is, so I wouldn't be surprised if they contacted us before the April 15th.

Luckily I have a break between 10:45 and 12:30 Eastern Time, which is apparently when the emails came last year.

I usually sit in a coffee shop on campus and do work, but I bet I'm going to attract a lot of attention because I'll be jumping up and down in my seat the entire time :laugh: ... I'm already bad enough now!

Oh the joys of smart phones. Annoying spam mail most days, but on February 15th, I hope to be in love with my blackberry :laugh:

I know that some schools say that they can give you an answer anywhere between March and 2 weeks into classes of the first semester. This seems insane to me but I guess there are bound to be some students who drop out after they realize how tough the classes are. I feel like anyone on the waitlist would have long given up hope by then and moved onto plan B.

Farmgirl12, where in NY are you from? Maybe if we both get in we can carpool back home for holidays. :)

ONE WEEK! :xf:

I know that some schools say that they can give you an answer anywhere between March and 2 weeks into classes of the first semester. This seems insane to me but I guess there are bound to be some students who drop out after they realize how tough the classes are. I feel like anyone on the waitlist would have long given up hope by then and moved onto plan B.

Farmgirl12, where in NY are you from? Maybe if we both get in we can carpool back home for holidays. :)
Yes, Carpooling would be awesome! I'm from southwestern NY, how about you? I met a girl from PA at my interview seesion, who lives about an hour away from me, so between the 3 of us (fingers crossed we all can get in :)) that 19hr drive should be a piece of cake :D

Yes, Carpooling would be awesome! I'm from southwestern NY, how about you? I met a girl from PA at my interview seesion, who lives about an hour away from me, so between the 3 of us (fingers crossed we all can get in :)) that 19hr drive should be a piece of cake :D

I'm about one hour north of Syracuse. So really truly upstate.
Let's all hope for the best!

I know someone else usually does this, but ... 6 more days (not counting the rest of today)!! Tuesday can't come soon enough!

5 days (even about down to the hour the emails were sent out last year)

:xf::)

At least for me these 5 days will be pretty smooth sailing, Thursdays are my rough schedule day, and Monday is practically a weekend.

I'm wishing all SDN-ers luck! I hope we're classmates :)

:xf:

3 more days, I can't believe it is almost here!!!!!! :xf: :luck:
Hope you all have a happy weekend!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys! I don't know if its just my internet, or what, but my computer won't load anything on the admissions pages. Maybe they are updating everything and getting ready to send it out!

2 Day!! :xf:

I wish you wouldnt have said that! I can not load anything on the admissions page either!!! This is driving me insane! Maybe we will hear a day early?? :xf: Good luck to everyone!

Ahhh now I'm panicking too! Though it would be nice to find out tomorrow. The CVM site isn't working at all, but the rest of the ISU site seems fine... :confused:

J/k guys! The site is back up and there's nothing new on my status page. I guess they were either just messing with us or actually updating the site, haha :D

On the note, a day and a half! :xf:

Mine is working now, too. Do you guys know where on the status page it will show if we are accepted or not?

Mine is working now, too. Do you guys know where on the status page it will show if we are accepted or not?

Last year they sent out e-mails first, and then the Dean called everyone who was accepted. I'm not sure if that's happening this year (there's a new dean), but from what I read on last year's threads the status page was updated a few hours after the email.

The server was down (IIRC all our stuff is separate from the main university's)... so not messing with you guys or anything ;).

Good luck, guys! Tuesday will be here before you know it! :luck::luck::luck:

So nervous/excited! Good luck to everyone! :xf:

Good luck to everyone! :luck:

Good luck everyone!!! I keep alternating between excited and terrified!!

I hope we're all classmates, come tomorrow :) :xf:

:love:

TODAY! I can't believe it! Good luck everyone!!!

(..now all we have to do is fret about when the emails get sent out.... haha :) apparently last year they went out around noon eastern time.)

Good luck everyone!!! I keep alternating between excited and terrified!!

Me too!!
I jut got my acceptance email from UC Dublin today, so hopefully today will be one of the best in my life! I really want to go to ISU!

Me too!!
I jut got my acceptance email from UC Dublin today, so hopefully today will be one of the best in my life! I really want to go to ISU!

Congrats, awaring!

ISU's my first choice, too!

Congrats, awaring!

ISU's my first choice, too!

:D Thanks!

I am so insanely jealous of people on the West coast who may have to wait three hours less to hear.

Good wishes to everyone! I hope to see some good news on this thread around 1:00pm est!

:D Thanks!

I am so insanely jealous of people on the West coast who may have to wait three hours less to hear.

Good wishes to everyone! I hope to see some good news on this thread around 1:00pm est!

I was hoping I would be lucky in hearing early in the day, but waking up at 4am in a panic on my day off kind of gets rid of my west coast benefit! :scared:

Good luck to each and every one of you waiting to hear back from ISU. :xf::luck:

I don't think I have ever checked my email so much....

Good luck to everyone

I just wish the emails came at 10 o clock like they did for the people last year!

I don't think I have ever checked my email so much....

Good luck to everyone

I just wish the emails came at 10 o clock like they did for the people last year!

You're telling me- I feel like I'm going to crash my computer soon! Good luck everybody!

You're telling me- I feel like I'm going to crash my computer soon! Good luck everybody!

Agh this is torture. They better send them out soon or I will explode. I can't do anything except stare at this stupid screen!

Has anyone heard yet??? Good luck to all who are (possibly) still waiting.

Nothing here, either. They must know who they picked already, why not send the emails out?

No word here either... ahhh!!!!!!! Driving me nuts. I'll have to leave for work in ten minutes and then I won't be able to check my email till after 7 pm tonight

Ahh this is driving me insane as well! Im refreshing my email at least every 5 minutes. I have an exam on thurs, and I just cant focus to save my life! haha. Good luck everyone! :luck:

I heard from someone on the admissions board and as of Friday (Feb 11) they still hadn't had the final decisions made. This is probably why no one has heard yet...

Its on the status page...

I am an alternate... Don't know how to feel about that...

Hey- that is SO much better than a rejection! My status page still hasn't changed yet... Not sure what that means.

Mine hasn't either, it still says "we have received your supplemental app."

I'm F...they said they would email. I just wish I would get it, *stressful*

I just got mine on my status page (2:11 cst)...i got in!

You probably have a great chance of getting in! In past years, ISU has gone pretty far down in the wait list. Don't lose hope. At least you know... the rest of us are losing our heads :laugh:

Im also an alternate! :( sighhhh

last name starts with an H

Good luck to those still waiting!

Im also an alternate! :( sighhhh

last name starts with an H

Good luck to those still waiting!

Are you in OOS in IS? Also same question for anybody else that got in or is wait listed...

I am OOS. What about you?

I just want to know my rank now...this is so discouraging!