Iowa State c/o 2022 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got an offer on my portal!!! Will 110% be accepting it :D I was originally #43.
Congrats!

Sent from my SM-N950U using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats! So they are moving a little bit more today.. If they could reach the 200's that would be great lol

Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I got pulled from the waitlist today (originally #44) but will be declining!

Reactions: 7 users
Number 54 originally just got called according to fb

Reactions: 5 users
I was 61 and got an offer. Will be declined though.

Number 45 here and got an offer today, will more than likely be declining and heading to AVC in Canada :) Good luck to everyone!

Sent from my SM-G930T using SDN mobile

Reactions: 6 users
Just received an update originally number 211/ 328 on alternate list.
Update:You are number 131 on the list. We have initial offers out to fill the class and if someone withdraws, we will continue down the list.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Update:You are number 131 on the list. We have initial offers out to fill the class and if someone withdraws, we will continue down the list.
Thank you for the update!!! I wonder how many people are still on the list? Fingers crossed for more movement! I was 190 to start so we’re pretty close!!

Reactions: 3 users
I haven’t posted anywhere on the forum yet, but I just got called off the waitlist and will be accepting!!! I was originally number 66!

Reactions: 10 users
Soooo close to each other :p

Reactions: 2 users
From 276 to 198. I hope it gets this far :scared:

Reactions: 1 users
168 originally to 91. Hopefully this goes quick!!!

Reactions: 2 users
LOVING ALL THIS MOVEMENT!!! Hoping for more and more!!!

Reactions: 11 users
Others that have gotten offers and accepted: when do you pay the deposit and how? Do i have to wait for the "official" offer that they said they would send to me by Thursday?

Others that have gotten offers and accepted: when do you pay the deposit and how? Do i have to wait for the "official" offer that they said they would send to me by Thursday?
Yeah, in the official offer email there will be a link to print out an acceptance form and then you can just mail that in with a check. They’ll let you know what day it has to be postmarked by. Congrats, can’t wait to be classmates!☺️

Yeah, in the official offer email there will be a link to print out an acceptance form and then you can just mail that in with a check. They’ll let you know what day it has to be postmarked by. Congrats, can’t wait to be classmates!☺️

WOOHOOOO! Thanks! I literally cannot wait. I ugly cried in public today when I got the offer and honestly have zero shame

Reactions: 9 users
Went from 87 to 15 but she did say all initial offers are out.

Originally 239/328 and today I’m 158!

Went from 87 to 15 but she did say all initial offers are out.
I think that just means they have given out offers to fill all the current spots. So as people decline their offers they keep moving through the waitlist

I think that just means they have given out offers to fill all the current spots. So as people decline their offers they keep moving through the waitlist
When I first read the message I thought that the class seats were filled also... but I agree, seems pretty impossible with all of the people that just received notifications of acceptance today that are declining their seat.

I actually e-mailed Kathy and yes that is correct that offers were made but she still needs responses. :)

On another note, has anyone checked out horse barns for boarding? My coggins expires on June 7th so I am hoping to move him by then. I am having surgery on May 15 so not sure I can make it down before then. Also does anyone know of good transport companies that go to MN?

I actually e-mailed Kathy and yes that is correct that offers were made but she still needs responses. :)

On another note, has anyone checked out horse barns for boarding? My coggins expires on June 7th so I am hoping to move him by then. I am having surgery on May 15 so not sure I can make it down before then. Also does anyone know of good transport companies that go to MN?

I'll have to get back to you on this but I think my friends boarded at Belinda's Horse House (You can google it, I can't post URLs yet). It's in Cambridge, about 10 min south of Ames. But I can't help you on the transport companies (I assume it's for transporting your horse).

Was offered a seat this morning and accepted was originally #53

Moved from 285 to 207! Kathy also said she will have another update ready on 4/30.

#52 and gladly accepted! Best of luck to all of you still on the wait list! Don't give up hope!

I sent a message on the portal back stating that I accepted my position and received a response back within about 10 minutes with the official letter. On that there was a link to the acceptance form which you just fill out and mail with your deposit. They accept personal and cashiers checks just no cards or cash.

I sent a message on the portal back stating that I accepted my position and received a response back within about 10 minutes with the official letter. On that there was a link to the acceptance form which you just fill out and mail with your deposit. They accept personal and cashiers checks just no cards or cash.
So our deposit is not due by Thursday, correct? Just a statement whether we accept or decline the position?

So our deposit is not due by Thursday, correct? Just a statement whether we accept or decline the position?
Correct. You just have to send the statement by Thursday.

My offer letter stated my deposit and acceptance form had to be postmarked by April 30th. I’m not sure if this is just because I sent the statement today, or if it would be the same date if you wait until Thursday to send that statement.

To those that recently accepted, did you know your updated # so that we can judge how far we are from being called?

I was #62 and I declined my OOS spot! Good luck!!

Reactions: 4 users
Current Students,
I was reviewing to vet med year 1 book requirement and many of them are listed for rent on amazon. Would you recommend buying the books bc they will be used all four years, or is renting books just for the semester they are needed okay?

Thanks!

I am not sure how well the Iowa State book list matches up with UNL, but most of the books were completely unnecessary. You won't have time to sit down and read them. Most of the information you do need with be in the presentations or provided online by your instructors. If you do really, really need to look at a book you should be able to find most of them in the library.

I didn't regret buying the Anatomy textbook, although I think I was one of the only people that actually used it.

On a side note, the history elective in the spring is totally worth taking. Easy and enjoyable elective to knock out, plus the instructor bought the book for us.

Current Students,
I was reviewing to vet med year 1 book requirement and many of them are listed for rent on amazon. Would you recommend buying the books bc they will be used all four years, or is renting books just for the semester they are needed okay?

Thanks!

I used the physiology book a lot for nutrition and physiology cause Dr Goff wrote the chapters for the sections he teaches. He also pulls straight questions from the text and puts them or variations of them on his exams. The physiology book is also used in the spring semester. The anatomy book can be helpful but Dr. Swamy provides extensive lecture notes which is what I mainly used to study. Other than that I didn’t use any other books. They will offer for you to buy the radiology books and they say you will use them again third year. My upper classmen friends said they did use them a bit this year, but I never touched them for the radiology class first semester.