This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pre-OT Student

FGCU OT 2020
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Deleted

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi!! I have been thinking the same thing lately. I am also waiting to hear back from Nova on the 1st. I applied to a cheaper school in my hometown (I’m from NY) but I will hear from Nova first and would love to go to school in Florida. Not sure what is the right choice but I feel you on being so confused.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi!! I have been thinking the same thing lately. I am also waiting to hear back from Nova on the 1st. I applied to a cheaper school in my hometown (I’m from NY) but I will hear from Nova first and would love to go to school in Florida. Not sure what is the right choice but I feel you on being so confused.

Exactly! It is nice to know that someone is in the same boat as me and trying to weigh all their options. It's hard, because I want to make the best choice financially for my future, but I also just want to go to the program I personally like best!

Members don't see this ad :)
I've known a couple students who chose NOVA and absolutely loved their program. I personally would choose a school I loved more, because it does impact your time and experience there in your education. For myself, I loved FGCU's program, and even if accepted to UF, I would go to FGCU because of how I feel I better fit.

I've known a couple students who chose NOVA and absolutely loved their program. I personally would choose a school I loved more, because it does impact your time and experience there in your education. For myself, I loved FGCU's program, and even if accepted to UF, I would go to FGCU because of how I feel I better fit.

Why do you feel as if it's a better fit, if you don't mind me asking?

Why do you feel as if it's a better fit, if you don't mind me asking?
I went and toured the program and I met with a lot of students that are in it right now. For me personally, I meshed with the girls I talked to immediately and although it sounds cheesy, I like wanted to be friends right there. I talked with one of the program staff and we got along so well. I originally came from a veterinary medicine background and have about 7 years vet med and animal experience, and there a lot of the professors love animal integrated therapy. For me personally, I just really felt like I could grow their academically and personally. I also have a lot of personal ties at the school, including my boyfriend of 4 years attends there, and I have met a lot of staff around the school and everyone I met has been so kind. I like the smaller, but still university, feel compared to UF. Overall, I could just see myself loving my 2 years of school there and making it feel like home.