Is Miller's 3rd Ed Outdated?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

spicykimchi

Inactive
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was reading it and noticed it pointed to a lot of academic papers from the 80's and prior. I looked at Miller's copyright date and it said 1993. Whoa! :eek: This is 2011. How accurate is the information almost 20 years later?

Members don't see this ad.

I wouldn't think it would be too outdated. As my anatomy teacher put it: "Anatomy hasn't really changed much over the years."
Some of the names may be a little different, ex: Fibularis longus goes back and forth between that and peroneus longus.
That's my 2 cents worth. I wouldn't have any problem using it.

i don't think dogs have evolved much in the last 20 years. I would guess it is still plenty accurate for your use.

We use a version in anatomy lab much older than 1993, I didn't find any extra organs or altered bone morphology in my dissections ;)

Now if they could update the actual dissection guide so that the last 100 pages made any damn sense that would be ideal.

But the big Miller is ok... if you're just reading for fun though Pasquini is a lot easier to read, in my opinion.