X-Files: The TWWuth is OWWt There - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

UCONN BEAT DUKE IN A COMICAL MANNER AND IM PUMPED BRO

**** YOU GHOST OF COACH K
I was finally caught up-ish on work, so I let myself break out my 2k that I got for Christmas but haven't had time to play. Started a season from today, went up by 15 in the 4th in the Bulls game scheduled tomorrow... Wemby injured and out 6-8 weeks (in my made up simulation) 🙁

I guess I used up all my luck in *this* game 😉
 
I was finally caught up-ish on work, so I let myself break out my 2k that I got for Christmas but haven't had time to play. Started a season from today, went up by 15 in the 4th in the Bulls game scheduled tomorrow... Wemby injured and out 6-8 weeks (in my made up simulation) 🙁

I guess I used up all my luck in *this* game 😉
Oh man, I haven't broken out a 2k game in a minute. Somehow both the best (the game play, particularly with a couple sliders tweaks) and the worst (hi, microtransactioned to hell career modes) sports game. I should pick up my wnba my player save from a couple versions ago again some time (I probably won't almost all my free/hobby time is spoken for lol)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Oh man, I haven't broken out a 2k game in a minute. Somehow both the best (the game play, particularly with a couple sliders tweaks) and the worst (hi, microtransactioned to hell career modes) sports game. I should pick up my wnba my player save from a couple versions ago again some time (I probably won't almost all my free/hobby time is spoken for lol)
I gave the my career thing a whirl a couple of 2ks ago and hated it aggressively. Just regular franchise mode for me I think
 
I gave the my career thing a whirl a couple of 2ks ago and hated it aggressively. Just regular franchise mode for me I think
It used to be a normal my player mode, then they made it Cinematic (which was at least trying something at first, but the stories were never good and you couldn't skip the cutscene stuff after the first time) and introduced a mountain of micro transactions for both cosmetics and skills. Want to have a basic shooter sleeve? Gotta spend coins. Want to upgrade your 3 point shooting above a 50? Gotta spend coins. Want to unlock the Larry Bird free throw animation, otherwise known as the only one I could remotely get the timing down for? That's right, more coins.

There's a whole host of other frustrations with it (including the "full version" being an online-only mode!), but yeah it's deeply frustrating

MyGM is pretty OK though, and so is regular franchise. The wnba version of my player is a lot better too, cuts out a lot of the BS.
 
It used to be a normal my player mode, then they made it Cinematic (which was at least trying something at first, but the stories were never good and you couldn't skip the cutscene stuff after the first time) and introduced a mountain of micro transactions for both cosmetics and skills. Want to have a basic shooter sleeve? Gotta spend coins. Want to upgrade your 3 point shooting above a 50? Gotta spend coins. Want to unlock the Larry Bird free throw animation, otherwise known as the only one I could remotely get the timing down for? That's right, more coins.

There's a whole host of other frustrations with it (including the "full version" being an online-only mode!), but yeah it's deeply frustrating

MyGM is pretty OK though, and so is regular franchise. The wnba version of my player is a lot better too, cuts out a lot of the BS.
Yeah the unskippable my player cinematic scenes and microtransactions were just wildly unfun. idk who that is for but it's not me