This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

myMDdreams

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi

The first time I took Organic Chemistry in 2010 I received a grade of NC.
During this time, my advisor told me that AMCAS will count the grade as an F.

I took time off from being pre-med and re-took the class and got an A.

Would you happen to know whether AMCAS counts NC as an F?
I found two answers online, one when NC = F and one where NC is considered as a failed course and does not affect GPA (it's included in the "supplementary hours" section).

What has been your experience if you did a No credit?