(Its probably been asked before but...) Question about VMCAS formatting

Started by Qwerty85
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Qwerty85

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sorry if this has been asked in another post before but as far as the explanation and personal statements go, what has everyone done as far as formatting?? I.e. do you indent for each paragraph or do you skip a line or what?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm putting one extra line between paragraphs, no indent. I am at EXACTLY 5000 characters, pending final editing suggestions from a friend (this is my 3rd draft). Almost done, woohoo!
 
I'm not sure what it even looks liek when they print it out from VMCAS anyway. What if it all just runs together in one big chunk? Terrible!

I would do one line as well. I haven't put mine into VMCAS yet, but I'm still under the character limit so I plan on having some space.
 
I probably added too many commas...but my PS was only 4600ish characters, so those commas for sure increased the amazing factor!

But yeah, I just put a single space after each paragraph.
 
😀
I hope I didn't leave anything out, it is already submitted. I think my PS came out nicely in the end. I am pleased with it. I am refusing to look at though until it gets closer to January I am afraid I will have made a mistake. Like forgetting a comma. 😛

i won't even be looking at it in january. my app is in a file. where it will remain - out of view. until i have to use it again. 😀