Jhu mha

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lsata

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am pretty sure at this point that I am going to choose Hopkins for my MHA, but would like some last minute input from anyone who has experience/knows someone who has experience with the program. I'm curious if anyone has ever actually regretted choosing Hopkins because of the accelerated didactic portion of the curriculum or has had bad experiences because of it? I've seen people mention on these forums a thousand times that they're "worried" about how it will effect their learning, but haven't ever seen anyone mention a real bad experience with it. Hopkins students who I've talked to have all told me that it's great and the learning isn't cramped at all. Does anyone have any input? Any and all would be much appreciated!

Also, does anyone have insight into whether employers look negatively/positively on the accelerated aspect of it?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Current Hopkins student here. Honestly, the accelerated nature of the program is somewhat overblown in my mind. The first term in particular is somewhat hectic (as is the current 3rd term, but that's more due to residency interviews than the coursework), but also very manageable. If you have more specific questions, feel free to PM.

I am sure you both are out of the program now-what are you thoughts on the Hopkins program now? Having not taken any business classes before, I do want to learn about accounting, economics and finance. I'm trying to decide between Michigan and Hopkins. Michigan seems more comprehensive to me.