Kansas State c/o 2018 Applicants!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interview was 30 minutes, tour was an hour. They have the ambassadors chillin waiting for people to get out of interviews and then take groups on tours (like 5-6 people interview every half hour, so you would probably just tour with them). And like FS said, if you want to tour on Saturday, you can just show up anytime and do one. They are really chill about it.

Also, if you're flying out of Manhattan, you would probably be fine just touring Sunday after your interview, because that airport is tiny. If you're doing KCI (or MCI, whatever), then I would probably tour Saturday so you can leave to drive right after your interview (2 hours in fair weather).
While I agree they were very "chill" about the tours, these are professional degree programs and I believe we should all act in a professional manor throughout the whole process. Which would involve verifying that it is ok to slow up on Saturday to tour. Just my opinion of course.

Members don't see this ad.

Is anyone sending thank you letters to those who interviewed you? I can't remember the names of everyone who interviewed me...

Is anyone sending thank you letters to those who interviewed you? I can't remember the names of everyone who interviewed me...
I definitely am. Just email Janel I'm sure she can tell you who interviewed you.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just declined my interview. Hope my spot goes to one of you guys!!

Reactions: 1 users
Finally rebought my tickets/hotel room *sigh*. Unfortunately I will be traveling alone. So if you see a lonely ginger wondering about, its not a weirdo, it's just me being bored. Haha

Reactions: 1 user
why did you decline Remi4301?

It basically comes down to finances. I got accepted elsewhere without having to interview, so it was hard for me to spend more money to fly out, get a hotel, etc whenI'm looking at a super tight budget in my near future. It was a tough decision though. KSU had always been one of my top choices.

It basically comes down to finances. I got accepted elsewhere without having to interview, so it was hard for me to spend more money to fly out, get a hotel, etc whenI'm looking at a super tight budget in my near future. It was a tough decision though. KSU had always been one of my top choices.
But congrats on getting accepted elsewhere!!!! Yay!!!!!

Finally rebought my tickets/hotel room *sigh*. Unfortunately I will be traveling alone. So if you see a lonely ginger wondering about, its not a weirdo, it's just me being bored. Haha
Good luck!! You'll do great! Go to aggieville and eat at so long saloon it was amazing!!!!

I interviewed Jan 6th and got my letter of acceptance yesterday! Im OOS, so excited I really loved the school.

Reactions: 3 users
I'm confused. At the program after interviews, they said they wouldn't be sending acceptances for a few weeks. So are they making special exceptions for some? Because if I recall correctly, January 6 wasn't even a scheduled interview day? I mean congrats on getting in, but how did you find out so soon/interview on a day no one else did?

Members don't see this ad :)
I got my acceptance letter today! I only interviewed on the 5th; I'm surprised how quickly they responded. I'm OOS

I'm from Pennsylvania.
Thanks! I'm crossing my fingers for slow Florida mail and that's maybe on Monday I'll get good news but of course I'm extremely pessimistic about it!!

I'm confused. At the program after interviews, they said they wouldn't be sending acceptances for a few weeks. So are they making special exceptions for some? Because if I recall correctly, January 6 wasn't even a scheduled interview day? I mean congrats on getting in, but how did you find out so soon/interview on a day no one else did?

Officially, they told us we'd know on February first. There was an interview weekend on January 4th and 5th.

EDIT: found my acceptance letter in the mail. I interviewed on the fourth and am OOS.

Last edited:
Holy god I'm going to vet school.

Got the letter in the mail today OOS California, interviewed on the 4th.

Reactions: 2 users
Exciting! Will you accept or waiting to hear from other schools? Mega congrats!

I'm gonna go to my remaining interviews, but kansas is gonna be tough to beat!

Reactions: 3 users
Im sorry, my interview was on Sunday, January 5th!

This is just depressing me. I could be getting an acceptance letter right now instead of waiting for my flight all over again. :(

OMG!!! I'm going to vet school!!!!!!!

Reactions: 8 users
Congrats to everyone who has got accepted!!! I'm so happy for y'all!! I didn't get in to Kansas, but I have 3 other interviews. :)

Last weekend of interviews, are you all excited?

Good luck to everyone interviewing this week!! You're all going to do great!!

It looks like its supposed to snow where my connecting flight is tomorrow. I MUST MAKE IT TO KANSAS!!

It looks like its supposed to snow where my connecting flight is tomorrow. I MUST MAKE IT TO KANSAS!!

I'm sure you'll be fine. Usually they'll fly unless it's like an insane storm. Good luck though!

Where are you flying through? How much snow? I think you'll be on I flew in this on my way home from Kansas, it's good luck!
ImageUploadedBySDN Mobile1389894465.743049.jpg
ImageUploadedBySDN Mobile1389894478.675173.jpg

Chicago. >:[ its not supposed to snow here, or kansas, soo I might wind up trapped in chicago lol. I WILL MAKE IT!! There's more room for error this time since it's on Sunday instead of Saturday this time.

Chicago. >:[ its not supposed to snow here, or kansas, soo I might wind up trapped in chicago lol. I WILL MAKE IT!! There's more room for error this time since it's on Sunday instead of Saturday this time.
You'll make it!!!! :)

If worse comes to worse flight wise, you could also rent a car. Chicago is ~9-10 hours by car from the little apple, so if you get stuck there with bleak hope of getting on a flight you have that option.

now I'm kinda worried about flying out to minnesota... with weather that you have been facing in the midwest @evilsquirrel I'm worried about the weather being a problem! GOOD LUCK! I'm rooting for you to make it on time!

So who else is interviewing this weekend? I am Sunday at 11:30, so my mom and I are driving over from Denver Saturday.

I will be there this weekend! My interview is Sunday at 9:30. :)

Well, we probably won't see each other then, since we're not leaving Denver until between 8 and 9. lol. But good luck!

I'm interviewing on Sunday at 9:30 am. I'm currently in Iowa and the weather coming in wasn't bad but driving in snow for the first time was terrifying. I'm hoping the weather holds up for me.

Wow, I totally read that wrong. Lol. The three of us will be there Sunday morning. Are you guys doing your tours before or after your interviews?

My interview is at 8 on Sunday...so definitely after. I'm finally here! Its just a little lonely.

I'm planning on the tour after the interview. Yay evilsquirrel you made it!

Good luck everyone!!!

My interview is tomorrow at 2pm; my plan is to tour before, if all goes according to plan :)

I lied. I toured today. I wanted to meet and greet people lol. I've seen at least two girls crying...which is slightly unnerving.

I lied. I toured today. I wanted to meet and greet people lol. I've seen at least two girls crying...which is slightly unnerving.
I totally cried before the shuttle picked me up to take me to the school. But no reason to cry at all. Everyone, even the interviewers were very nice. You're going to do great!