Kansas State University c/o 2025

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yes 100%. The amount of time they give you is crazy for the questions! I just did my best to write something for every question, and went the most in depth for questions that asked about what decision I would choose and why.

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know of more practice material other than the CASPer websites practice questions and timing yourself? I take mine nov 17th!
I agree with what others are saying - practice typing fast and just try not to get hung up on spelling things wrong. I caught myself a few times going back to fix misspellings out of habit, and it was just a waste of time.

Reactions: 1 user
I agree with what others are saying - practice typing fast and just try not to get hung up on spelling things wrong. I caught myself a few times going back to fix misspellings out of habit, and it was just a waste of time.
I felt that the practice on the CASPer website was sufficient. I would try not to stress too much about it, as you honestly cannot really prepare beyond thinking within the 5 minute time limit. Especially if K-State is the only school you are taking CASPer for, it is going to be a very small portion of the admissions decision. Just take a deep breath and do the best you can!

Members don't see this ad :)
I heard nov. 15th last year as OOS, and they gave us that date I’m pretty sure because I knew I would hear from them that day. The dates of interviews are similar this year, though I think we won’t hear until later since we don’t have to arrange travel and all that stuff. And I think you can take the Casper into dec.
I got an email from them stating that it was for sure Nov 15th.

Why would we hear back on the 15th when people haven’t even taken the CASPer yet? I don’t think they’d do that unless they had a firm deadline and wouldn’t let people take the CASPer after a certain date. I got an email from them reminding us to take the CASPer on every date available so they probably aren’t rolling out interview invites on the 15th.

Why would we hear back on the 15th when people haven’t even taken the CASPer yet? I don’t think they’d do that unless they had a firm deadline and wouldn’t let people take the CASPer after a certain date. I got an email from them reminding us to take the CASPer on every date available so they probably aren’t rolling out interview invites on the 15th.
They may not make final decisions but they could send out invites on the 15th especially if CASPer is not being counted in a major part of the review? Not sure. I hope we hear the 15th! So tired of waiting.

Edit: the 15th is a Sunday so this seems unlikely

Last edited:
Hey guys! Excited to join in on the convo, second time applicant overall first time applicant OOS to Kansas☺️ Nice to meet everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
I have a feeling we might hear something either Saturday or Monday. Whatever day it is, I ain't ready. :sorry:

Reactions: 1 users
I'm honestly terrified. I find it highly unlikely we would get an e-mail on a Sunday, but geeze either way I am not prepared.

Anyone think we might hear tomorrow?

I think tomorrow is a possibility as it would’ve been this Friday that we heard last year. I think that if they follow the same timeline as always then why wouldn’t they send invites if they know who they want? I also feel tomorrow is more likely than waiting until the weekend.

• Wow
Do you think they would give out interview invites even though the CASPer deadline is in December?

I think tomorrow is a possibility as it would’ve been this Friday that we heard last year. I think that if they follow the same timeline as always then why wouldn’t they send invites if they know who they want? I also feel tomorrow is more likely than waiting until the weekend.

Now I'm nervous!! Like I want the interview invite but that makes me nervous still. Or if you don't get one?

Do you think they would give out interview invites even though the CASPer deadline is in December?

They still should. They know a lot based off the application so perhaps they'll look at the casper along with the interview results to make final decisions.

I am scared to even open my email! I am anticipating the "we regret to inform you..." email lol

We got the email 2:41pm EST last year for all you crazies like me who are waiting not so patiently

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Good luck to all of you! Normally I would be able to be at the zoom parts of the interview weekends as an ambassador but I am travelling both weekends during the zooms! (Externship and vacation). If you have any questions reach out and I'll try to help. I have not heard when they are sending the interview invites out but my guess would be not on the weekend. So either today or next week is my uneducated guess.

Good luck to all of you! Normally I would be able to be at the zoom parts of the interview weekends as an ambassador but I am travelling both weekends during the zooms! (Externship and vacation). If you have any questions reach out and I'll try to help. I have not heard when they are sending the interview invites out but my guess would be not on the weekend. So either today or next week is my uneducated guess.
This is unrelated to interviews, but may I asked what type of externship opportunities you’ve been given as a first year?

Basically they have a list with lots of opportunities posted out there and it is up to you to go find your own. For a 40 hour externship you can get an hour of credit. I have a doctor (KSU alum) I worked with last summer that owns a large small animal emergency and private practice clinic in West Virginia where I am doing a week over the Christmas holiday. I also have another I found through a classmate. We are both going to an equine surgeon in Oklahoma for a week over the holiday. The school meets with you and works out a list of objectives. The vet agrees to them and then you set it up! I'm quite happy with the program. Both mine had housing included as a bonus! These are considered electives.

Is it actually confirmed that invites are going out today?

So yes and no. I’m not sure but I am a current masters student here and there has been talk among my classmates that they were going to follow similar timeline from last year. I have class at 3:30 and if we haven’t heard by then I’ll see if I can find out anything.

Update: my prof is on the admissions committee and I asked after class if we would be notified before thanksgiving. They were not sure when the invites were gonna be sent out but they estimated no later than December 1st, but they were honestly not sure. So just relax for the time being! They will be coming out soon!

Reactions: 2 users
I can finally breathe..for now.. :rofl: Kansas is one of my top choices so this is pretty nerve-wracking. Watch, they are going to do us a reverse UNO and say nah lets do it tomorrow or sunday.

Update: my prof is on the admissions committee and I asked after class if we would be notified before thanksgiving. They were not sure when the invites were gonna be sent out but they estimated no later than December 1st, but they were honestly not sure. So just relax for the time being! They will be coming out soon!

Phew! Thanks for the information, I would have been panicking all weekend!!

For those who don’t believe me ‍♀️ Good luck to all!

Attachments

• 39D1BE0A-E67D-470A-B25B-1983723294FE.jpeg
    39D1BE0A-E67D-470A-B25B-1983723294FE.jpeg
    92.1 KB · Views: 161
Reactions: 6 users
Welp they definitely played the uno reverse with that email...

• Haha
Received this

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201114-114215_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20201114-114215_Gmail.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 161
I got that too...not cool lol I had a mini panic attack.

I also got the same email

lmao, I found the email too in my junk mail. So are we going to hear from them tomorrow or 7-10 days? :unsure:

lmao, I found the email too in my junk mail. So are we going to hear from them tomorrow or 7-10 days? :unsure:
EVERY SINGLE EMAIL I’ve gotten from a vet school has gone to my junk mail, including interview invites. But yet ads from every store are fine to go to the inbox. Ugh.

• Haha
EVERY SINGLE EMAIL I’ve gotten from a vet school has gone to my junk mail, including interview invites. But yet ads from every store are fine to go to the inbox. Ugh.
Your email: *seeing emails relating to vet schools*
your email: Not Important!! *sends to junk mail*
your email: *sees emails relating to sales at retail stores*
your email: NICE. *send to primary mail*

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users