Kansas State University c/o 2025

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OOS rejection congrats to all those who got an invite

Members don't see this ad.

Mine is January 9th at 8:30am!

I am an OOS 2nd time applicant!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
In state, interview invitation for Jan 8! First time applying. KSU is my favorite school and Manhattan is a cool town. Congrats everyone!

OOS interview invite! My interview is on January 15, what about others?
Same here! OOS interview invite for January 15th. Congratulations and congratulations to everyone else who received an interview invite. For those of you who did not, just keep going! Don't let this stop you.

First time OOS applicant interview invite!!! My interview is Jan 15 at 9:00am. Congrats and good luck to everyone!

OOS rejection, congrats everyone who got an interview!

• Care
OOS interview invite!!! Congratulations to all of you !! I am so happy! Mine is Jan 16!!!

For those who were rejected, don’t lose hope!!

Congrats to to all of you. Even if you weren't accepted you tried hard and there are other schools or other years! Don't give up.

If you have any questions feel free to ask. Current first year ambassador! Manhattan is a great town (been here for 3 1/2 years now) and I've survived my first semester ... so far!

Reactions: 1 user
I also received an OOS interview invite!! Congrats to everybody who received one as well!

Members don't see this ad :)
To those who were rejected, keep your heads up and I wish you the best in the rest of your admissions process.

Congrats to everyone who received interview invites! I am cheering for all of you, and I cannot wait to see who else will be my classmates in the class of 2025! Dr. Rost is amazing and I hope you all get to meet her (virtually) in a few weeks.

If you all have any questions about Manhattan or K-State, feel free to ask! Manhattan is a truly awesome college town.

Does anyone know what percentage of interviewed applicants get accepted?

OOS interview for Jan 9! Any advice?

Hi people! Quick question- I’m submitting my interview invite acceptance today and snapped a headshot, but I have a small nose ring in.. is it bad to leave it in you think? I put a clear stud in for interviews last year but it’s a pain to take out and I wasn’t sure what y’all’s thoughts were. I can attach the picture if you need a reference

Last edited:
Hi people! Quick question- I’m submitting my interview invite acceptance today and snapped a headshot, but I have a small nose ring in.. is it bad to leave it in you think? I put a clear stud in for interviews last year but it’s a pain to take out and I wasn’t sure what y’all’s thoughts were. I can attach the picture if you need a reference
Hi! I have double sided nose piercings and took mine out for my picture. I don’t think it would be an issue if it is a small stud, but I did it just to be safe because I had a hoop in one side.

Hi! I have double sided nose piercings and took mine out for my picture. I don’t think it would be an issue if it is a small stud, but I did it just to be safe because I had a hoop in one side.

Mine is a hoop too.. I think I can FaceTune it out lol so I don’t have to retake the picture. Thank you so much!

So KSU doesn't require Organic Chemistry 2, however my undergrad degree does - so I'm thinking about switching degrees just so I don't have to take a class I don't need to take. Has anyone else not taken Organic 2?

Next semester I also have Physics 2, Biochemistry, and Genetics to finish out my pre-reqs. They're hard enough classes so if I don't need to take Org 2, it might be better because less work and stress.

I'm honestly just want reassurance that I don't need to take it and I'll be fine. lol

So KSU doesn't require Organic Chemistry 2, however my undergrad degree does - so I'm thinking about switching degrees just so I don't have to take a class I don't need to take. Has anyone else not taken Organic 2?

Next semester I also have Physics 2, Biochemistry, and Genetics to finish out my pre-reqs. They're hard enough classes so if I don't need to take Org 2, it might be better because less work and stress.

I'm honestly just want reassurance that I don't need to take it and I'll be fine. lol
Is kansas the only school you are trying to apply too? I'm pretty sure a lot of vet schools do require you to have two semesters of organic chemistry! I'd still take it just incase you decided to apply elsewhere?

Is kansas the only school you are trying to apply too? I'm pretty sure a lot of vet schools do require you to have two semesters of organic chemistry! I'd still take it just incase you decided to apply elsewhere?
Kansas is the only college because it's instate and I love the school. I didn't apply anywhere else.

I personally would take Ochem 2 because it helped me with Biochem 1 and 2 along with the labs I elected to take for my chemistry minor. It may not be as useful to you since you will have to take biochem along side it? Maybe see if you could take it over the summer or talk to an advisor to see if biochem 2 can be a replacement for Ochem 2, i know my school was pretty lenient/ understanding on stuff like that.
Not to look on the downside (just cause this has happened to me) but what if you don’t get in this year? Would you take Ochem 2 anyways? Would you want to? would it be more helpful to your degree/ other classes (I know Ochem 2 helps with other bio classes such as cell bio, molecular genetics, physiology etc)? I feel like talking to a pre-vet advisor/ degree advisor might be helpful because I’m sure they’ve had other students in this same boat!

Last edited:
Just to give the other side I never took Ochem 2 and have had no problem at KSU because of it and have not missed not having it. I finished my pre-requisites in 3 years and was able to take Immunology instead which I found much more helpful so far!

Reactions: 1 users
Guys,
Did you receive any confirmation email after the survey? Also, the last question stated if you needed any accommodation right?

Guys,
Did you receive any confirmation email after the survey? Also, the last question stated if you needed any accommodation right?
I did get an email from KSU after I completed the survey letting me know that they got my confirmation.

3C27498F-38BB-4CB9-BDE4-FC24A52A159E.png

Hope this helps!

Thank you for sharing.

It opened all the questions and asked to submit a photo of myself, I therefore understand that I said yes to the interview, but a friend of mine said to me that she had to explicitly say yes to the interview and now I am kinda freaking out that I did not see any question with that question

Thank you for sharing.

It opened all the questions and asked to submit a photo of myself, I therefore understand that I said yes to the interview, but a friend of mine said to me that she had to explicitly say yes to the interview and now I am kinda freaking out that I did not see any question with that question

If in doubt give them a call tomorrow! They are super nice in the admissions office.

What did everyone’s headshot look like? I’m wearing a biz casual nice sweater, nice simple makeup in mine but my sister who is in a business school said it wasn’t good 😅. Just looking for feedback! Thanks!

What did everyone’s headshot look like? I’m wearing a biz casual nice sweater, nice simple makeup in mine but my sister who is in a business school said it wasn’t good 😅. Just looking for feedback! Thanks!
I used a random pic in my high school graduation dress because I didn’t have a headshot. It’s probably just to confirm your identity. I wouldn’t overthink it! Also just wanted to say that I’m rooting for you! I saw you on here last cycle too (a fellow Ohio resident) and have been hoping for the best!

I used a random pic in my high school graduation dress because I didn’t have a headshot. It’s probably just to confirm your identity. I wouldn’t overthink it! Also just wanted to say that I’m rooting for you! I saw you on here last cycle too (a fellow Ohio resident) and have been hoping for the best!
we LOVE Ohio (even though my boyfriend is a Michigan alumnus oops!!) thanks for your help and I am rooting for you too!!!

I used a passport-style photo because that’s what several other schools have requested, so I’ve just been using the same one over and over. Plain white background, head-on, from the shoulders up. It’s more plain than, say, my Linked In photo, but I figured it’s safer. I think this is just used to confirm your identity.

I personally would take Ochem 2 because it helped me with Biochem 1 and 2 along with the labs I elected to take for my chemistry minor. It may not be as useful to you since you will have to take biochem along side it? Maybe see if you could take it over the summer or talk to an advisor to see if biochem 2 can be a replacement for Ochem 2, i know my school was pretty lenient/ understanding on stuff like that.
Not to look on the downside (just cause this has happened to me) but what if you don’t get in this year? Would you take Ochem 2 anyways? Would you want to? would it be more helpful to your degree/ other classes (I know Ochem 2 helps with other bio classes such as cell bio, molecular genetics, physiology etc)? I feel like talking to a pre-vet advisor/ degree advisor might be helpful because I’m sure they’ve had other students in this same boat!

Just to give the other side I never took Ochem 2 and have had no problem at KSU because of it and have not missed not having it. I finished my pre-requisites in 3 years and was able to take Immunology instead which I found much more helpful so far!

Since KSU only requires gen ochem or ochem 1, I took gen ochem and that was it. I still did well in biochem and have not felt that I missed out because I did not take ochem 2. Obviously I am not in vet school yet, but I do not think it will be detrimental to you since ochem 2 is not a pre-requisite for KSUCVM. I think it matters more how badly you want to/ if you want to switch your undergrad major just because of 1 class. I know ochem 2 is a tough class, but would switching majors require you to take any other classes that you do not want to take? For example, my biology major requires cell biology, and I almost switched majors to avoid that class, but decided in the end to just suck it up and take cell bio because there were other classes I did not want to take in the other majors I was considering switching into.

Since KSU only requires gen ochem or ochem 1, I took gen ochem and that was it. I still did well in biochem and have not felt that I missed out because I did not take ochem 2. Obviously I am not in vet school yet, but I do not think it will be detrimental to you since ochem 2 is not a pre-requisite for KSUCVM. I think it matters more how badly you want to/ if you want to switch your undergrad major just because of 1 class. I know ochem 2 is a tough class, but would switching majors require you to take any other classes that you do not want to take? For example, my biology major requires cell biology, and I almost switched majors to avoid that class, but decided in the end to just suck it up and take cell bio because there were other classes I did not want to take in the other majors I was considering switching into.
No, the other degree is just an A.S. in Liberal Arts and Sciences. So I would meet all the requirements for that degree, but will still take the remaining courses needed for KSU. This helps a lot and I think I'll switch degree to avoid Ochem 2. I like Ochem 1 and the teacher so it probably wouldn't have been too bad, but with Physics 2, Biochem, and Genetics on top of it - yikes!

Hey, does anyone know if we are supposed to send our Fall transcripts to K State? Or are Fall and Spring transcripts only supposed to be sent if accepted? Thanks in advance!

Did anyone do the zoom practice today? If so what was it like?

I was just going to ask this. I had to work today and tomorrow at the time of the practice. I don’t know if I should email them to see if there is going to be any other date available

Did anyone do the zoom practice today? If so what was it like?
I was just going to ask this. I had to work today and tomorrow at the time of the practice. I don’t know if I should email them to see if there is going to be any other date available
I went this morning. I logged in and they just made sure my camera and mic was working and asked if I had any questions. They were very nice and mentioned that the interview would be open file.

I’m in the same boat :/ i thought about maybe bringing my computer to work just to at least test my microphone and camera, but unfortunately won’t be able to test my WiFi

I went this morning. I logged in and they just made sure my camera and mic was working and asked if I had any questions. They were very nice and mentioned that the interview would be open file.

Was it in group or individual?

I’m in the same boat :/ i thought about maybe bringing my computer to work just to at least test my microphone and camera, but unfortunately won’t be able to test my WiFi

:/ I tried to ask at work if I could enter a bit late tomorrow but got frowned upon so that was an obvious no and I can’t take my computer

• Sad
Was it in group or individual?
it was individual. Like they invited me into the room as soon as the other person left. I maybe waited 30-45 seconds before being let in.

it was individual. Like they invited me into the room as soon as the other person left. I maybe waited 30-45 seconds before being let in.

Ohh ok, thank you.

Last questions

Did you ask a lot of things?
How much time did it last?

Ohh ok, thank you.

Last questions

Did you ask a lot of things?
How much time did it last?
I wasn't expecting to ask any questions so all I asked was if she could tell me about the interview at all and she said they would have my file.

I’m also in the same boat as most of you. I work both days during that timeframe. I wish there was a little more heads up because I would’ve loved to have a trial run at the online interview setup.