LECOM Alternate/Waitlist 2020-2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

almanack22

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thought I'd create a quick thread for LECOM alternate/waitlists since it seems like loads of people are on it and the general thread is getting pretty long.

While we wait for movement, maybe we can share where we're waitlisted? and if we're on the waitlist or alternate.

Alternate at LECOM SH for me

Good luck everyone!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Alternate at SH as well.

For the record, alternate and waitlist are the same thing for LECOM.

Reactions: 3 users
Alternate at SH as well.

For the record, alternate and waitlist are the same thing for LECOM.
Oh, I heard it was a different list, esp since some people are getting letters that use either of those words

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm alternate at Elmira! Really hoping to get in!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Im WL at Elmira and i’m ANXIOUS waiting to hear back

Reactions: 1 users
Alternate at Elmira since January.

Reactions: 1 user
Alternate at Erie since September. Best of luck to everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
Erie since October.

Alternate at Elmira since September

Is there a difference between being an alternate vs on the wait list? I thought these were the same.

I'm an alternate at Elmira, anyhow!

Alternate at SH since December decision. This wait stinks. Let's hope the waitlist movement starts soon!

Really hoping we hear something in April, that would be amazing :) more likely in May-July.

Reactions: 7 users
anyone know when in April they start looking at the WL?

Alternate at Elmira (since Sept 😭)

• Care
to everyone that just got the waitlist email- I already emailed the dean a LOI and I wasn't expecting a response, but I feel like I should upload it to that link just incase? Does anyone see a reason not to?

to everyone that just got the waitlist email- I already emailed the dean a LOI and I wasn't expecting a response, but I feel like I should upload it to that link just incase? Does anyone see a reason not to?

Letter of intent, letter of interest, letter of update: These are to be uploaded directly to the link provided and not emailed to LECOM. If you previously emailed one of these letters, you do not need to upload it to the link as it has already been received. Due to the volume of letters submitted to campuses, a confirmation email is not guaranteed. Uploading to this link will ensure it is received by the campus and that it processed in a timely manner. Upload Link: DO Admissions - Application Updates.

It says you do not need to, they already received it.

Letter of intent, letter of interest, letter of update: These are to be uploaded directly to the link provided and not emailed to LECOM. If you previously emailed one of these letters, you do not need to upload it to the link as it has already been received. Due to the volume of letters submitted to campuses, a confirmation email is not guaranteed. Uploading to this link will ensure it is received by the campus and that it processed in a timely manner. Upload Link: DO Admissions - Application Updates.

It says you do not need to, they already received it.
Yeah I saw that.... just stressed about it lol.... every time I see an email come through my HR skyrockets o_O

what email are you guys talking about? I don't think I received anything...

what email are you guys talking about? I don't think I received anything...
There was just an email from Elmira admissions about an hour ago about how to properly update them about your application... If you applied for Elmira, maybe check your junk mail? But, if you're waitlisted at another campus that might be why you didn't get it? I know last time they sent out the continued interest emails the different campuses got them about a day apart

There was just an email from Elmira admissions about an hour ago about how to properly update them about your application... If you applied for Elmira, maybe check your junk mail? But, if you're waitlisted at another campus that might be why you didn't get it? I know last time they sent out the continued interest emails the different campuses got them about a day apart
ahhh okay got it! I'm waitlisted at SH so that's probably why...had a heart attack for a sec LOL

thanks for explaining!!

ahhh okay got it! I'm waitlisted at SH so that's probably why...had a heart attack for a sec LOL

thanks for explaining!!
Hey, SH waitlist here. I haven’t received anything as well.
But also remember that email was probably sent to the new batch of people placed on the waitlist.
We got a similar email for SH regarding waitlist interest and updates back in February.

Hey, SH waitlist here. I haven’t received anything as well.
But also remember that email was probably sent to the new batch of people placed on the waitlist.
We got a similar email for SH regarding waitlist interest and updates back in February.
I got that also in Feb (WL since September) .... I think the campuses just send things out at different times so im sure there will be one for Erie/SH at some point also

For those who completed the Alternate Survey (for Elimra) and pasted their LOI/ Update letter into the text box on that google sheet, are you going to upload it again on the new survey?

im glad I found this thread, alternate'd at erie in September 😫

ahhh SH got an email today about confirming interestttt

I know this is an old question, but did anyone ever figure out approximately how many people are WL'd?

waiting around like this absolutely sucks

seriously though. esp with more people still getting interviews 😢

If they're interviewing, I'm guessing they still haven't looked at our list yet.

I think they'll be looking at both lists simultaneously esp since they recently confirmed interest

I really hope waitlist movement pulls through for us and we get in 🤞