LECOM Alternate/Waitlist 2020-2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
When does alternate list for LECOM - Bradenton start to move?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
does anyone know if its a good idea to submit an update letter if you already submitted a LOI

Only send updates if you have something significant to add, otherwise it'll be annoying for them

does anybody know the percentage of people that get off of the waitlist?

Hello SDN family! I attended a virtual expo with LECOM and I asked about the waitlist in terms of movement, number of students on the waitlist and percentage of students who move off the the waitlist. Unfortunately, there's no concrete answer. They told me that due to variance each year and due to the COVID pandemic they were unsure.
I did learn that interview season ends in two weeks so I believe by the first week of May, admissions can focus more on waitlist movement. Wish I had better news guys, but hang in there!

Reactions: 7 users
Hello SDN family! I attended a virtual expo with LECOM and I asked about the waitlist in terms of movement, number of students on the waitlist and percentage of students who move off the the waitlist. Unfortunately, there's no concrete answer. They told me that due to variance each year and due to the COVID pandemic they were unsure.
I did learn that interview season ends in two weeks so I believe by the first week of May, admissions can focus more on waitlist movement. Wish I had better news guys, but hang in there!
Thanks for asking them and sharing with us! This is still good info.

Reactions: 1 users
Just a reminder for everyone to enjoy the day. Today it's really sunny and I actually went outside and have just been sitting doing nothing. Even if it was only a minute, it really uplifted my mood! Try not to get so swept up in waitlist movement and hearing back.

Have a great day :)

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users
Just a reminder for everyone to enjoy the day. Today it's really sunny and I actually went outside and have just been sitting doing nothing. Even if it was only a minute, it really uplifted my mood! Try not to get so swept up in waitlist movement and hearing back.

Have a great day :)
actually did that today and it was definitely refreshing. it's so hard not to get lost in the way this system works and attaching your self-worth to it. I've been feeling like a slave to this whole application process and esp just waiting to hear back from lecom regarding the waitlist. It's so toxic and unhealthy.

whether we get in or not, it doesn't define us. hard to remember that sometimes, but right now, in this moment, I definitely feel a sense of peace regardless of the outcome and hope some of you guys who are also feeling just as anxious as I am can as well ❤️

• Love
I’d echo what my friends above said. This process is not easy but medical education is also a long, difficult journey. It’s a drop in the bucket right now.

As far as what defines us, well that is up to the individual. I’m a husband and father as much as I am a medical school applicant. And I’m taking on this adventure with them in mind; they inspire and encourage. This is for them as much as it is for myself.

Everyone here deserves a shot and I’d be honored to call you colleagues. Please keep your eyes on the prize and have hope. We got this.

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I hope everyone is hanging in there! Based on other threads, it seems like we could start hearing in May. Best of luck to all of you.

Reactions: 5 users
Does anyone know around when we can expect to see WL movement?

Reactions: 1 user
Alternate list since September for SH. I haven't submitted anything since the survey.

Does anyone know around when we can expect to see WL movement?
We don't know for certain. I would assume that, since applicants with multiple As have to narrow it down to one school by May 15, we will start to see movement around that time, maybe as early as a week from now. When students start to withdraw, I'm not sure if they'll gradually move students off the alternate list as it happens or if they'll wait until the flood of withdraws comes in and then send out a whole bunch of acceptances from the alternate list.

Does anyone know who the official dean is for seton hill?

WL since September at SH! Didn’t realize this page existed until now!! Best of luck everyone— I’m gathering strength to reapply just in case 😭

Reactions: 3 users
hoping for movement soon! Been WL at SH since October :,)

Hi everyone! Hope you're doing well and are keeping your peace while we all wait in limbo. Waitlisted for Elmira since January. Wishing you all the best and for movement soon!

It feels like an eternity!! I hope we all get our spots :)

Hope the best of luck to everyone this coming week hopefully they start giving us our acceptances and we all join the lecom fam! Please update this thread when y’all get in or see a change in status in the portal!

Reactions: 3 users
Withdrawing my A here at Erie Campus - hope it goes to one of you guys!

• Care
Reactions: 10 users
This is truly an eternity. Wishing everyone the best. This week we should see some movement. Good luck!!

hoping for movement this week so I can delay reapplying further 😂

Reactions: 4 users
you guys think we're gonna hear anything this week?
I honestly don’t expect waitlist movement at all. If present, it’ll be a few people, but no mass movement. School starts in 2 months and there’s no way they don’t have enough people already to accept (who aren’t even waitlisted, but still awaiting a response from their interview).

I honestly don’t expect waitlist movement at all. If present, it’ll be a few people, but no mass movement. School starts in 2 months and there’s no way they don’t have enough people already to accept (who aren’t even waitlisted, but still awaiting a response from their interview).
A student from Lecom said a majority of the people in their class came from the waitlist.

A student from Lecom said a majority of the people in their class came from the waitlist.
I get that, but this year is very different due to the online formatting. And someone else on the threads have said that waitlist movement started earlier last year, and apparently there is still lot of people who haven’t received a rejection, waitlist, or acceptance yet. So, I feel like LECOM would most likely accept students from that pool first.

There is literally no value in speculation for this situation. It’s been an odd cycle and the best we can hope for is coming off the WL. Maybe there will be a lot of movement, maybe none. Every program has WL movement. LECOM will too. Keep your wits and move forward.

• Care
anyone else receive an alternate list survey for Erie today?

also what did the email for erie state? Like the ranking thing?
Just if we wanted to remain on the waitlist as they will start looking at the list soon. Also, if there were any LOI or updates that we wanted to upload. Survey just had us input our info (e.g. name, email etc)

Just if we wanted to remain on the waitlist as they will start looking at the list soon. Also, if there were any LOI or updates that we wanted to upload. Survey just had us input our info (e.g. name, email etc)
interesting elmira did that two months ago.

Just received an MMS inquiry email 😔

Reactions: 6 users
Just received an MMS inquiry email 😔
Hoping it is ‘generic’ and just them trying to thin the herd…wouldn’t make sense IMO to send it after they told us they didn’t have a spot for us

The is a few lines in the MMS email that confuse me. One line says guaranteed interview after the fall semester then the next line states will be offered a seat with certain criteria are met. So is it a guaranteed acceptance program now?

i haven't gotten any MMS email so idk if that's a good thing or bad thing

From the main LECOM form, it seems like some on Elmira WL didn't get that MMS email :(