LECOM Alternate/Waitlist 2020-2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Doesn’t class for them start in like two weeks. I don’t think there is movement this year.
I’m pretty sure orientation is July 26th and classes start the week after I believe

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone got accepted from alternate list for Elmira..?

Reactions: 1 user
Accepted off alternate list this morning for Erie. Keep the faith guys.

Reactions: 11 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats! Did you do anything like send in letters of intent or anything else that may have helped to get accepted off the WL
Thanks, I sent one in March, my info session was December. Ouside of responding to their surveys, that was all I did

Do you guys know if you get off the waitlist can you defer a year or not?

Do you guys know if you get off the waitlist can you defer a year or not?
From reading other forums, it seems like it is school specific policy depending on the case. I think LECOM has it on the pdf they sent out after interviews that they only grant deferrals for military deployments. Definitely not a bad question to ask admissions AFTER you get the A though, especially if you think your reasoning would inhibit you from being in the best position for the rigors of med school. I will find the pdf on my computer tmrrw and upload it if it has any relevant info (i am on my phone now lol)

From reading other forums, it seems like it is school specific policy depending on the case. I think LECOM has it on the pdf they sent out after interviews that they only grant deferrals for military deployments. Definitely not a bad question to ask admissions AFTER you get the A though, especially if you think your reasoning would inhibit you from being in the best position for the rigors of med school. I will find the pdf on my computer tmrrw and upload it if it has any relevant info (i am on my phone now lol)
Because like I just got married and we finally found a home to rent around us and some stable jobs for the gap year and since lecom is a bit slower with the movement this year and we have been waiting for awhile, we don’t want to jeopardize losing the house we are going to rent especially since houses are so hard to get nowadays. I really want to go to lecom but as the days move forward I do have to look at my wife’s well being as well. Hopefully most of us here something this week.

Accepted off alternate list this morning for Erie. Keep the faith guys.
What were your stats? My cousin that received a rejection’s / end of cycle email from Erie’s stats were 3.62 sGPA and 503 MCAT score. She was just accepted at ARCOM yesterday ☺️

What were your stats? My cousin that received a rejection’s / end of cycle email from Erie’s stats were 3.62 sGPA and 503 MCAT score. She was just accepted at ARCOM yesterday ☺️
I didn't get accepted to every school I applied to either. This process is difficult and your cousin should be thrilled to be accepted to ARCOM! There are many qualified candidates with stats that are acceptable who won't get in this cycle. Who's to say why one school offers someone an opportunity, and then another school does not. If my stats are really that important to you, DM me

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted an offer at a different school & removed myself from the LECOM SH waitlist. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 8 users
I didn't get accepted to every school I applied to either. This process is difficult and your cousin should be thrilled to be accepted to ARCOM! There are many qualified candidates with stats that are acceptable who won't get in this cycle. Who's to say why one school offers someone an opportunity, and then another school does not. If my stats are really that important to you, DM me
I believe individuals are on here freely sharing information. No need to be offended nor was anyone trying to be invasive. If you are uncomfortable with sharing your stats then that's quite fine. I believe there was another individual asking about your stats. It's not important to me as I am currently during my residency.

Reactions: 3 users
Has anyone heard anything in terms of waitlist movement for seton hill campus?

Has anyone heard anything in terms of waitlist movement for seton hill campus?
It’s moving. I asked a while ago. And people on FB keep posting they got accepted recently or within the past few days.

Who here is applying again while they nervously await their waitlist decision?

- I say as I throw away another 3k on apps :/

Reactions: 3 users
Someone call and ask them how many there are total lol

Got an email from SH to confirm my seat on the alternate list/ COVID survey. Anyone else got this email today? :O