LECOM Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Started by Stanelz
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If you really want to attend here then there is no downside to showing interest! I will say try to send some updates with it if you have any such as fall grades or any extracurriculars, but LECOM does like letters of interest/intent.
This helps! Thank you so much
 
Do you think sending a letter of Intent is better than a letter of interest ?
If you're serious about it, yes. Sending a letter of intent shows that if they take you off the waitlist that it's 99% likely you will attend and not decline, which is exactly what they want.
 
Those of you who got accepted— did your AADAAS portal change? I’ve heard some emails didn’t go through to gmail accounts and I’m wondering if that could have happened to me. But my portal still says “none”
 
Those of you who got accepted— did your AADAAS portal change? I’ve heard some emails didn’t go through to gmail accounts and I’m wondering if that could have happened to me. But my portal still says “none”
Check your LECOM portal. They are better about updating that than they are about updating AADSAS. If it says a decision has been made then it is possible and I would email them for an update and explain the situation. I saw some schools were also having issues with AADSAS yesterday too, so it’s better to just check the LECOM portal to be safe.
 
Check your LECOM portal. They are better about updating that than they are about updating AADSAS. If it says a decision has been made then it is possible and I would email them for an update and explain the situation. I saw some schools were also having issues with AADSAS yesterday too, so it’s better to just check the LECOM portal to be safe.
gotcha! It just says “your file is under review by the admissions committee, well notify you when a decision has been made”. kinda weird, I would have thought they would have sent out waitlist notifications yesterday.
 
gotcha! It just says “your file is under review by the admissions committee, well notify you when a decision has been made”. kinda weird, I would have thought they would have sent out waitlist notifications yesterday.
They most likely won’t send anything else out until the next acceptance day in January. The school is on break right now, so once they do the second round of acceptances I’m sure that’s when the rest will come out too.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is there a specific day that is the next acceptance day or is it more of a rolling basis
I do not know the specific day but I’m assuming if it will be like last year it’ll be around 30 days from the initial one because they’ll most likely want to see who accepts and turns down their offer.
 
I do not know the specific day but I’m assuming if it will be like last year it’ll be around 30 days from the initial one because they’ll most likely want to see who accepts and turns down their offer.
oh i suppose that makes sense
 
Can anyone share some interview advice and tips for LECOM?
As someone I know loves to say, be your best professional self. Be yourself, but don't be so lax that you come off like you aren't taking this seriously. Lecom has one of the most laid back interviews of all the schools and isn't really one to worry about.
 
Hey guys
I'm looking to strengthen my fine motor skills and was wondering if anyone knew of any devices/techniques that are useful in practicing manual dexterity. I know things such as drawing, sowing, and other hobbies related to handwork are helpful but i was wondering if there was anything that targeted the hand skills necessary for dentistry more directly, such as something they have you do in dental school to work on it. I just recently received an acceptance from lecom and want to make the most of my time before classes begin. Thanks!
 
Hey guys
I'm looking to strengthen my fine motor skills and was wondering if anyone knew of any devices/techniques that are useful in practicing manual dexterity. I know things such as drawing, sowing, and other hobbies related to handwork are helpful but i was wondering if there was anything that targeted the hand skills necessary for dentistry more directly, such as something they have you do in dental school to work on it. I just recently received an acceptance from lecom and want to make the most of my time before classes begin. Thanks!
Congratulations! My genuine and honest advice is to relax and enjoy your time before dental school starts. Dental school is mentally, physically, and emotionally exhausting, so take this time while you have it to do things you love/enjoy instead. You’ll have more than plenty of time to develop hand skills once school starts. (I know that didn’t really answer your question but I promise you you’ll thank yourself later once you’re in this craziness lol).
 
Hey guys
I'm looking to strengthen my fine motor skills and was wondering if anyone knew of any devices/techniques that are useful in practicing manual dexterity. I know things such as drawing, sowing, and other hobbies related to handwork are helpful but i was wondering if there was anything that targeted the hand skills necessary for dentistry more directly, such as something they have you do in dental school to work on it. I just recently received an acceptance from lecom and want to make the most of my time before classes begin. Thanks!
They make micromotors that use straight and contra handpieces at slow speed. If you really want to, look into those. But yeah. Don't bother worrying about it. Even if you do a bunch of stuff to prepare, probably still going to suck day one like the rest of us.
 
Hi I haven't received an interview invite from LECOM. Does anyone know if they are sending out more post-dec interviews?
Yes, they interview until April typically. We’re on break right now though, so from what I hear they won’t be sending anymore until January after we return.
 
I have been getting mixed answers on how likely it is to hear back in January given I interviewed way before December 15th. It would make the most sense to me that it is less likely because if I were to be accepted, it should have happened already. Does anyone have answers to this?
 
I have been getting mixed answers on how likely it is to hear back in January given I interviewed way before December 15th. It would make the most sense to me that it is less likely because if I were to be accepted, it should have happened already. Does anyone have answers to this?
You can’t speculate on how any school issues admissions letters. As long as you did NOT receive a rejection letter, you still have a chance: whether that be an admission offer on 1/15 or waitlist.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone who was accepted received the email for official acceptance and info where to deposit?

Anyone else decided to attend LECOM? 🙂
 
Has anyone who was accepted received the email for official acceptance and info where to deposit?

Anyone else decided to attend LECOM? 🙂
Yes on the acceptance! It sounds like information about the deposit will be included in offer letter packet. I'm still torn about whether to attend LECOM due to financial constraints.
 
I applied 12/18. Received and completed my supplemental 12/21. Do you think there is a chance of me receiving an interview?
 
Last edited:
Has anyone who was accepted received the email for official acceptance and info where to deposit?

Anyone else decided to attend LECOM? 🙂
Youll get a letter packet at some point with that info. Deposit is 2k or was last time. Probably one of the most expensive deposits I've heard of.
 
I noticed on the LECOM portal there is a section for letters of recommendation. If my letters were submitted through AADSAS, do I have to get the people who wrote my letter to resubmit them separately to LECOM ?
 
I have been getting mixed answers on how likely it is to hear back in January given I interviewed way before December 15th. It would make the most sense to me that it is less likely because if I were to be accepted, it should have happened already. Does anyone have answers to this?
One of my good friends in our class interviewed before me pre-Dec and was accepted after me in Jan, so yes it is still possible. I know it’s difficult, but try to stay patient. Anything can happen in any given cycle and as everyone has said, no news means you’re still in the running! All you can do right now is wait and update schools if you feel you want to and you have something significant to update them with. Other than that, there is no algorithm or number us current students can give you.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do you guys think I should send a letter of intent now ? or should I wait until christmas break is over ?

Personally, I would worry about it getting buried in emails now. I would send it closer to Jan 1. But who knows. I did email Chandler a question and she replied so...maybe she is still handling emails during break.